What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 WBB Team

Since women HS recruits aren’t, or don’t seem to be, ranked as diligently as the men are, it’s difficult for someone like me to know how good our recruiting is.

Shelomi is a walk on. She rode the bench at Jackson State. She rode the bench at CU. If she wants to actually play basketball, she had to transfer.

Bri McLeod had some decent minutes this season and I was hoping she would stay.

None of the freshmen got to play much this season. End of season meetings have been held so Johnson may not have liked her prospects for playing time.

Wish them all well.

Frida returning was a necessity for success next year.

I hope we don't see Nettie. Wetta or Sara-Rose in the portal.

Last edited:
Since we don't have a WBB transfer thread.....

OSU’s Talia Von Oelhoffen has entered the transfer portal

xdsa0zr5f5sc1.jpeg

She is getting blasted on Twitter. A Beaver alum said this is because of the break up of the Pac 12, OSU not having a conference next year, NIL and a lot of other things that are out of her control. She is doing the best thing for herself and that is what she needs to do

Yep. She didn't sign up to play in the WCC.
Plus she’s a grad transfer. Not highly unusual.

And with all the uncertainty up there it makes you wonder what Scott Rueck decides his future looks like.

Last edited:
I love her game, but with one season of eligibility I would pass as there will be a lot of very good options in the portal, including more for Oregon State as their move to the WCC is going to prompt more defections.

A few players are hitting the portal from Oregon, including 6-3 sophomore Grace Vanslooten who led the team in scoring at 15 ppg and also averaged 7.1 rpg. Her style of play looks like she would fit with the Buffs.

A few players are hitting the portal from Oregon, including 6-3 sophomore Grace Vanslooten who led the team in scoring at 15 ppg and also averaged 7.1 rpg. Her style of play looks like she would fit with the Buffs.

I thought the same thing when I saw Van Slooten

I thought the same thing when I saw Van Slooten
Vanslooten needs to hit a higher % of her fg attempts, but she has a perimeter game and has a good feel for getting herself open.

Hopefully, a couple more Oregon State players hit the portal soon. There is one in particular who is very, very good and has connections to Colorado ;)

In the current transfer portal culture I do keep my eye open for players on opposing teams who would help CU.

Wazzou's Charlisse Leger-Walker is in the portal, but she only has one year of eligibility left.

JR has been known to bring in players with one year of eligiblity.

Actually Ceal Barry did it for the 1994-95 team. The missing piece was a center and she brought in Isabelle Fijakowlski from France. I know I butchered the spelling of her last name.

I do admire that Iowa didn't use the portal to get where they are. Many of their fans thought they should have brought in a post player from the portal. The story is that Bluder never went after one. She believed in the recruits she had.

JR has been known to bring in players with one year of eligiblity.
Absolutely, but my preference is for transfers with multiple years of eligibility to cut down on turnover and to build the culture.

Maddie was the most recent and she certainly had her moments.

Actually Ceal Barry did it for the 1994-95 team. The missing piece was a center and she brought in Isabelle Fijakowlski from France. I know I butchered the spelling of her last name.
IIRC, when she came to CU it looked like she would have two years, but there was some sort of NCAA ruling that made it only one.

Boy was she good and without her that team most likely wouldn't have made it to the Elite 8.

I was at the game in the Knapp Center where they lost to Georgia. That was painful and still is. They just wilted in the face of intense full court pressure.

One interesting piece of the roster build is how a couple of the redshirt freshmen are able to make an impact next fall. Those two are Kennedy Sanders and Ruthie Loomis-Goltl both were 4*, top 100 players out of HS. I assuming that the redshirts were due to injuries.

Sanders in particular is intriguing as she was a high scoring PG in HS. Boy the Buffs could use a PG that can consistently score in half court sets, especially in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock.

My one big concern about this coaching staff is the ability to recruit high level players out of high school. When's the last time with they had a freshman make an impact? What's developed over the past three seasons or so is a high dependency on the portal to build a competitive roster. Without it they wouldn't be making the NCAA tourney.

My one big concern about this coaching staff is the ability to recruit high level players out of high school. When's the last time with they had a freshman make an impact? What's developed over the past three seasons or so is a high dependency on the portal to build a competitive roster. Without it they wouldn't be making the NCAA tourney.
WBB has had a ton of recruiting mistakes which have been offset by some huge portal successes.

I don't particularly care how a winning roster is built as long as it's a winning roster. But prep recruiting does seem to be an area which can be significantly improved. As it is, seems to have been a lot of wasted time & resources.

Since we don't have a WBB transfer thread.....

xdsa0zr5f5sc1.jpeg
Speaking of players available on the transfer market...

She's a damn good player who has been treated horribly in the public forums after the night Clark had with her guarding her. I hope she finds a great situation to reset for next year.

Current CU signee Tabitha Betson was highly recruited and will hopefully see meaningful minutes as a true Freshman. But I agree, the portal will always be a tempting route for JR….

One interesting piece of the roster build is how a couple of the redshirt freshmen are able to make an impact next fall. Those two are Kennedy Sanders and Ruthie Loomis-Goltl both were 4*, top 100 players out of HS. I assuming that the redshirts were due to injuries.

Sanders in particular is intriguing as she was a high scoring PG in HS. Boy the Buffs could use a PG that can consistently score in half court sets, especially in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock.
Ruthie Loomis-Goltl is in the portal now.

Here's an attempt at next season's roster (it could change at any moment):

Sara-Rose Smith? 6-1 5th Yr.
Frida Formann 5-11 5th Yr.
Tameiya Sadler? 5-8 5th Yr.

Aaronette Vonleh 6-3 Sr.
Kindyll Wetta 5-9 Sr.

Kennedy Sanders 5-8 Fr. - R
Tabitha Betson 6-2 Fr.
Lova Lagerlid 6-0 Fr.
Grace Oliver 6-1 Fr.

We still don't know for sure about Smith and Sadler for next season.

Notice there are no scholarship junior and sophomores.

We'll never know for sure but I'd bet that a few of the recent CU "portal-outs" have been politely but firmly nudged by the staff. Not to worry. Need to keep Tabitha Betson and Kennedy Sanders.

Last edited:
Back