What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uncommitted '24 CA WR Daijon Calimon

He's not coming.
Sure he was told that.
Looks like a good kid and a good talent but realistically he wasn't in a good situation here with the other guys coming in and already on the roster.

Better for him and the Buffs to take an honest look and go someplace where he is a better fit.

Calimon is a good kid, but Deion made it clear to him that it was the previous coaching staff that recruited him here. The current staff hasn’t even checked in on him in months.

Best of luck to him, but bottom-tier 3 star recruits no longer make the cut here.

Calimon is a good kid, but Deion made it clear to him that it was the previous coaching staff that recruited him here. The current staff hasn’t even checked in on him in months.

Best of luck to him, but bottom-tier 3 star recruits no longer make the cut here.
He's not really bottom tier 3 star. Rated higher than many of our WR commits in the '23 class...

That said...were likely landing several 4 stars and maybe a 5 star receiver for '24.

He's not really bottom tier 3 star. Rated higher than many of our WR commits in the '23 class...

That said...were likely landing several 4 stars and maybe a 5 star receiver for '24.
I have to disagree with you there, I’d definitely rank Hopkins, Miller, Waseem, and Page higher than Calimon…not to mention Hunter, Horn, and Weaver as transfers.

We also stand a really good chance with Butler and/or Robinson for this year’s class.

Calimon is a good player, that after our last 30+ years of despair and another ****ty head coach hire, we probably would have been thrilled about in the past.

Not anymore…Prime is after difference makers and I’m thrilled to see it!

I have to disagree with you there, I’d definitely rank Hopkins, Miller, Waseem, and Page higher than Calimon…not to mention Hunter, Horn, and Weaver as transfers.

We also stand a really good chance with Butler and/or Robinson for this year’s class.

Calimon is a good player, that after our last 30+ years of despair and another ****ty head coach hire, we probably would have been thrilled about in the past.

Not anymore…Prime is after difference makers and I’m thrilled to see it!
No, I'm telling you he's literally rated higher by the recruiting services than all but Hopkins and Miller. He's a top 600 prospect.

No, I'm telling you he's literally rated higher by the recruiting services than all but Hopkins and Miller. He's a top 600 prospect.
I don’t know…it’s kinda hard to trust those rankings until at least the end of the year. I don’t see how you can even make a decent case for him being a solid 3-star with his offer list.

Again, I think he’s an ok player. But he’s an ok player on a bubble power-5 team…not one on a team that actually has CFP aspirations IMO.

Last edited:
I don’t know…it’s kinda hard to trust those rankings until at least the end of the year. I don’t see how you can even make a decent case for him being a solid 3-star with his offer list.

Again, I think he’s an ok player. But he’s an ok player on a bubble power-5 team…not one on a team that actually has CFP aspirations IMO.
I look more at offer list than ratings (although they often go hand in hand) The opinion of coaches trying to keep their jobs means more than some guys trying to sell subscriptions.

Look at Calimon's offer list and it is obvious that he isn't in the same class as the offer list of the other WRs we are in on. Prime wants to take guys away from the teams we are looking to beat.

Back