What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#5 Colorado vs. #1 Arizona - Friday, 7pm MST - Let's talk about it

If Wes and Josh can battle on the inside and neutralize Gordon and Tarczewski...it will come down tonight on how XJ, XT and Ski shoot the ball. The only way Oregon beat Arizona last week was because Calliste got hot against them. XJ and Ski play like they did in the last game against the Cats and I don't see any way this game is going to be different.

If Wes and Josh can battle on the inside and neutralize Gordon and Tarczewski...it will come down tonight on how XJ, XT and Ski shoot the ball. The only way Oregon beat Arizona last week was because Calliste got hot against them. XJ and Ski play like they did in the last game against the Cats and I don't see any way this game is going to be different.
Like any other game, I like our chances much better if Ski is on his game.

Tall order tomorrow. AZ played one of the most complete games I have seen in a long time against Utah. There are not many teams, if any, that would have beaten them today. The Buffs have played two nail biters and at times have gone thru long streaks of not scoring in both games. Do that tomrrow and we will get run out of the gym. With that said, cannot wait to see them hit the court against AZ and see what happens.

An interesting discussion with several Cat fans today and different than what I have seen from many AZ fans. They say my CU gear and said ****ing Buffs. I was ready for an arguement but the conversation took a very strange turn. I told them how well they played today and that they would have beaten anyone in the country. They then proceeded to talk about how CU was the one team they did not want to face. They were so high on Tad and both dudes actually new more about our players than some of our fans. They expect to win and they may, but they did say they knew we had a ton of talent and it was a shame for the conference that we lost Spencer. Both thought it would be great for the Pac to have two top 10 teams.

Well, like I said, strange conversation but they were good guys. Go Buffs and who knows what happens tomorrow. That is why they play the game!

This is my situation too. Every Cat fan I've met in real life (except for Vest Dude at the Horse on 2/22) has been incredibly cool. We have a lot of idiots doing drive bys on this board that aren't. But we also have great cat fans like Air-Zona (where the **** is he?), pachoops and UACat. I like the Zona fans.

I don't find the Arizona fanbase obnoxious, but maybe it is because I am surrounded by the ASU fanbase, which is exponentially dumber and more ignorant. The obnoxious UA fans, like those of many schools, are largely those that didn't go to UA or college at all. Think Alabama football fanbase.

I give us about a 10% chance of winning tonight. I am just hoping for a close game.

This is the typical result of spending four or five years at a junior college.

This is my situation too. Every Cat fan I've met in real life (except for Vest Dude at the Horse on 2/22) has been incredibly cool. We have a lot of idiots doing drive bys on this board that aren't. But we also have great cat fans like Air-Zona (where the **** is he?), pachoops and UACat. I like the Zona fans.

I raise a glass to those cats fans who love basketball and want the same thing every P12 fan wants: 1) Good and consistent officiating, 2) P12 Network on DirecTV, 3) A strong conference with multiple ranked teams. 3) Packed field houses full of energy, 4) a showcase for the best players in the land, 5) entertaining match ups, 6) strong OOC and tournament showings, 7) Charming and tough coaches, 8) insightful, articulate, entertaining, and neutral broadcast teams, 9) game day excitement, and 10) flippant and obnoxious opposing message board fans with delusions of self-importance and a flare for using anal rape to describe the pinnacle of athletic success.

I honestly thought the utes were going to do the dirty work for us and knock off az, given that they played them close both in SLC & Tuscon. After that woodshed job yesterday, I dont like our chances.

I honestly thought the utes were going to do the dirty work for us and knock off az, given that they played them close both in SLC & Tuscon. After that woodshed job yesterday, I dont like our chances.
I think every game is more or less independent of each other, the only cause for concern would be injuries. I doubt we'll win, but I don't think it's going to be because Utah was weak, I think it will be because UofA is one of the best teams in the country, which we aren't and were a few step backs even more without Spencer.

I see 4 groups of Arizona fans.

1. Blue hairs who don't trust anyone under 50 and have a burr up their asses over how they never got respect from UCLA fans.
2. Cali punks in their late teens and early 20s who landed at UA and don't get it yet.
3. Bandwagoners who are deriving their self-worth from being obnoxious as a "fan" of a top program (#2s often migrate to this as they hit their late 20s and early 30s).
4. Normal fans. Your diehards who love basketball and ended up being UA fans, folks with local/family/personal connections who love UA and ended up being basketball fans, and alums who don't pay a ton of attention unless it's a nationally-televised game or UCLA or the Dance.

Our first year in the Pac-12 when UA was having a down year, we really only ran into the 4s and also some 1s if we went to a CU-UA game in person. It's the 2s and 3s that have gotten loud this year that are pissing us off. Frankly, they probably piss off the UA 1s and 4s as much or more than they do us but they have to tolerate their own a bit.

I love how the cats need our approval and validation. They started a thread on our board right after we played out last game. I want to win tonight so I can see their heads explode.

The fan in me says **** this might suck. The player in me says this is exactly who I wanted to play, hope we beat their ass.

It's a little late to be taking the high road after you guys in this thread alone have called me a three year old, telling me to shove my opinion up my ass, and used the colorful name "Chards" repeatedly. It's also naive to judge thousands-large fanbases based on the handful of comments you see on message boards.

But you're right. You guys just happen to be dealing with the above and beyond worst fans in the NCAA, and no other fanbases would disagree with you one bit. :thumbsup:

Why do you think the term "***********" is offensive?

Good thing that AZ fans aren't on the selection committee, they'd have us on the bubble.
Jim Livengood when he was on it, despite a BYU graduate, had them playing on Friday, which had they won would've had them playing on Sunday. Brigham Young would NEVER have approved of this, so they were going to be re-routed if they had won and screwing up the bracket process. However, they didn't win and life wasn't so complicated.

Just for the sake of clarification: is "Beat the ***********" offensive or simply vulgar.

It's not a reference to genitalia, but rather naming convention. It's neither offensive or vulgar. It is however childish. Obviously I'm okay with that.

And yes, I'm aware that your post was more about the verb than the noun.

It's not a reference to genitalia, but rather naming convention. It's neither offensive or vulgar. It is however childish. Obviously I'm okay with that.

And yes, I'm aware that your post was more about the verb than the noun.

You're killing me, Smalls.

ubyqu7up.jpg

Got this today lol

I've never been on an Arizona website.

Total aside from anything you guys have been discussing but I just found out that UofA guard TJ McConnell is the nephew of former CU WBB coach Kathy McConnell Miller. Wonder if there is any added incentive for him to stick it to the Buffs??

Total aside from anything you guys have been discussing but I just found out that UofA guard TJ McConnell is the nephew of former CU WBB coach Kathy McConnell Miller. Wonder if there is any added incentive for him to stick it to the Buffs??

Why? Didn't she stick it to us enough? When does it become too much? I think we've reached that point.

I now hate that kid.

Back