What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8,000 student season tickets sold?

Hey one of the guys on the facebook event for this game has been in contact with the athletic department the past week trying to set up a "wear black campaign" He got a message from them today saying that they will turn away students. Sounds like they do waaaayyyy oversell these games anticipating students won't show up. Lots of people are going to be unhappy Tuesday night.

Duke students camp out for months for tickets the students just need to get there early.

Ya agreed. Students here have had it pretty easy as far as getting tickets in the past. With the way the team is looking, that is going to get more difficult each week. Getting there early is a habit that needs to start now and carry on into football season.

I understand the "get there early part," but it's bull**** if they're selling a "season ticket" and then turning people away at the gate.

Here's what the website says about student tickets:

Season Ticket Details
  • No ticket to pick up! The ticket will be inscribed on your valid Buff OneCard Student ID.
  • Good for seating in the student general admission sections (sections 13-17) of the Coors Events Conference Center
  • The Athletic Department may require students who purchase men’s basketball season tickets to pick up reserved tickets for select games.
  • Information on the dates, times, and locations of any such exchanges will be sent to students’ university-issued email accounts.
  • YOUR valid Buff OneCard Student ID is required for admittance to games – NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU BRING YOUR CURRENT STUDENT ID AND THAT THE MAGNETIC STRIPE IS IN GOOD CONDITION
No where does it say that admittance may depend on when you show up for the game. If I showed up for the game and was turned away, I would demand a full refund for my tickets. Overselling is a smart business gamble in many instances, but when you lose the gamble, you gotta pay up somehow.

EDIT:

Here's KU's policy (bolding mine):

The purchase of an all-sports combo is good for student admission to regular-season home KU football and men's basketball games based on the venue capacity for each event. The all-sports combo guarantees admission to football, but does not necessarily guarantee admission to men's basketball.

I understand the "get there early part," but it's bull**** if they're selling a "season ticket" and then turning people away at the gate.

Here's what the website says about student tickets:

No where does it say that admittance may depend on when you show up for the game. If I showed up for the game and was turned away, I would demand a full refund for my tickets. Overselling is a smart business gamble in many instances, but when you lose the gamble, you gotta pay up somehow.

EDIT:

Here's KU's policy (bolding mine):

Oh, hell. Now the lawyer's involved.

:smile2:

When I was a student (04-08) even with bball season tickets you had to pick up a reserved ticket sometime before the day of the KU game.
They only did this for KU and possibly Texas. You should have gotten an email a couple of weeks ago telling you when you can get your ticket.

Season Ticket Details
  • The Athletic Department may require students who purchase men’s basketball season tickets to pick up reserved tickets for select games.

They used to do this for the Kansas game when I was there...you had to go to the ticket office at Folsom the week of the game and pick up a physical ticket for the student section just for that game...it's a great way to ensure that people don't get screwed at the door the day of the event...wonder why they dont do it anymore, it seems like?

Here's what they *should* do: Set up a big projection screen just outside the CEC. So long as it's not too cold, they could get upwards of 2,000 folks out there watching the game on a big screen. Sell concessions, have cheerleaders out there, etc. It's an opportunity, not a mistake.

When I was a student (04-08) even with bball season tickets you had to pick up a reserved ticket sometime before the day of the KU game.
They only did this for KU and possibly Texas. You should have gotten an email a couple of weeks ago telling you when you can get your ticket.

They used to do this for the Kansas game when I was there...you had to go to the ticket office at Folsom the week of the game and pick up a physical ticket for the student section just for that game...it's a great way to ensure that people don't get screwed at the door the day of the event...wonder why they dont do it anymore, it seems like?

Yes, but in that situation it didn't mean that you didn't get to go to the game, it meant you had to jump through an extra hoop to get into the game. It wasn't "only the first 2000 to pick up their reserved seat get in." They used to do the same thing with NU football tickets. The reason being, they wanted to sell student tickets that would otherwise go unused.

What it sounds like they want to do now is totally different. They've sold more tickets than they have seats as part of a "season ticket" package with no proviso that admittance to some games may depend on availability.

Here's what they *should* do: Set up a big projection screen just outside the CEC. So long as it's not too cold, they could get upwards of 2,000 folks out there watching the game on a big screen. Sell concessions, have cheerleaders out there, etc. It's an opportunity, not a mistake.

I'd still demand a refund if I showed up and they told me "hey, we actually oversold...sorry bud! But, no worries, you can come out here and sit on the cold concrete and watch the game on a ****ty projection that you can't actually see very well because it's broad daylight out here."

I'd still demand a refund if I showed up and they told me "hey, we actually oversold...sorry bud! But, no worries, you can come out here and sit on the cold concrete and watch the game on a ****ty projection that you can't actually see very well because it's broad daylight out here."
plus the cheerleaders should be inside where the ****ing game is going on.

Yes, but in that situation it didn't mean that you didn't get to go to the game, it meant you had to jump through an extra hoop to get into the game. It wasn't "only the first 2000 to pick up their reserved seat get in." They used to do the same thing with NU football tickets. The reason being, they wanted to sell student tickets that would otherwise go unused.

What it sounds like they want to do now is totally different. They've sold more tickets than they have seats as part of a "season ticket" package with no proviso that admittance to some games may depend on availability.

You're right on the past reasoning for doing it, but what I'm trying to say is that it is going to be a major headache on gameday for the athletic dept to deal with students who get shut out of the CEC once the student section fills up because they are used to just strolling in with their BuffOne Card whenever they want...to mitigate that issue, what they should have done was invoke the clause where they make students pick up a hard ticket in advance for the KU game...

do it in Balch. charge 5$ to cover costs and cleaning.

Back