What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/10 Newcomers Practice Report

Then someone explain how ksu gets 20 Juco's a year and they all get in?

I think we all know where this is going to end up but nobody wants to say it.

EVEN if my some miracle his grades to finally show up,it will be 3 -4 days before the season starts and he wont be ready to play.

This whole thing stinks.
there is the syko I know and love. Come on man, Sacky was doing your job for you!

there is the syko I know and love. Come on man, Sacky was doing your job for you!

Yeah, what a asshole I am for questioning k-state getting 20 juco's in while we struggle to get one in. :rolleyes:

I didn't know you set the protocol of how people should post here, I'll check with you from now on.

I think Stevie Wonder could see that there's something wrong here. It doesn't pass the smell test. Again, everybody knew what the timetable was. It was never in question. Everybody involved knew what had to be done and when it had to be done and guess what? It didn't get done.

Problems.

I still think everything will be fine, but do you need to even ask why KSU can get 20 JUCOs into school? They take any and all credits. You keep saying he would be in at KSU no problem, well no ****. He would have been there sometime in the Spring because he wouldn't have had to take extra classes like he did to gain admission into CU.

If we're still talking about this on Friday, then I will worry.

I still think everything will be fine, but do you need to even ask why KSU can get 20 JUCOs into school? They take any and all credits. You keep saying he would be in at KSU no problem, well no ****. He would have been there sometime in the Spring because he wouldn't have had to take extra classes like he did to gain admission into CU.

If we're still talking about this on Friday, then I will worry.

Point taken.

Yeah, what a asshole I am for questioning k-state getting 20 juco's in while we struggle to get one in. :rolleyes:

I didn't know you set the protocol of how people should post here, I'll check with you from now on.
your sense of humor is, again, prickly and small like a fusker heart :wink2:

I think Stevie Wonder could see that there's something wrong here. It doesn't pass the smell test. Again, everybody knew what the timetable was. It was never in question. Everybody involved knew what had to be done and when it had to be done and guess what? It didn't get done.

Problems.

What timetable?

Official transcripts to CU in 5 days after he finishes his finals? Teachers have to grade tests. And Simmons isn't the only student that is going through this process.

Maybe I'll drive up to CU this afternoon and see how soon I can mail myself a transcript. I guarantee it'll be a few days before it is even in the mail and I graduated a year ago!

I'm done trying to make you feel better about it all. Now I'm starting to think you just like drama :smile2:.

What timetable?

Official transcripts to CU in 5 days after he finishes his finals? Teachers have to grade tests. And Simmons isn't the only student that is going through this process.

Maybe I'll drive up to CU this afternoon and see how soon I can mail myself a transcript. I guarantee it'll be a few days before it is even in the mail and I graduated a year ago!

I'm done trying to make you feel better about it all. Now I'm starting to think you just like drama :smile2:.

Yeah, it's sacky's fault. CU drubs up enough drama all on their own.

Yeah, it's sacky's fault. CU drubs up enough drama all on their own.

No drama with this. We were told it could go well into camp before we even found out if he cleared the ncaa clearinghouse. We found out earlier then expected that the CU admissions department accepted his grades, but needed an official transcript to officially admit Andre as a student. We have waited 2 business days and people are freaking out.

I'm done wasting my time on this topic.

No drama with this. We were told it could go well into camp before we even found out if he cleared the ncaa clearinghouse. We found out earlier then expected that the CU admissions department accepted his grades, but needed an official transcript to officially admit Andre as a student. We have waited 2 business days and people are freaking out.

Fair enough

I'll state my unpopular opinion on Simmons again: We shouldn't expect significant contributions from him this season.

You are being rational, and hopefully you're right. But this happens EVERY off-season... thus, some vets around here have a nose for it. We've lost some real talent due to this bull****

Don't hold back man. We need your help in keeping this board rational.

When you're rational and keep your expectations reasonable, you don't tend to spaz out over things like this. Look at all this concern over Simmons not practicing yet. Would I like him to be in pads today? Absolutely, I hope he is. But, as I've stated (and as I was criticized for saying it), we truly should not expect big things from him this year.

History says it's more unlikely than likely.

Thank you. This board needs more of you setting us straight. Seriously.

The_Sarcasm_Detector_by_nerdsloth.jpg

When you're rational and keep your expectations reasonable, you don't tend to spaz out over things like this. Look at all this concern over Simmons not practicing yet. Would I like him to be in pads today? Absolutely, I hope he is. But, as I've stated (and as I was criticized for saying it), we truly should not expect big things from him this year.

History says it's more unlikely than likely.
who should we expect and hope big things to come from at the WR position this year? Anyone?

who should we expect and hope big things to come from at the WR position this year? Anyone?

Personally, I don't think I expect BIG things, but I really don't think we need BIG things from any one WR. Just solid, consistent play from that position will be fine if we can get the OL rolling.

I'm not seeing the value in Hinder to lament his chioce. For all his physical tools (except his weight, 175 lbs at 6'4"???), he has yet to dominate at the HS level and its not like Steamboat Spgs. is a doormat! They play some real decent HS FB there, but Hinder hasn't stood head and shoulders above his contemporaries on the field. Why not?

And for all you "But, he was so good in the elite camps" types, so was Cody! You now gonna take back all the bad stuff you've laid on him?
Talent is talent. It doesn't matter where he comes from. Didn't Rashaan Salaam play 8 man football in San Diego?

And I don't ever recall bashing on Cody Hawkins.

This is wide receiver and CU football in the new millenium, so any of the following is likely to happen:

1) Simmons' transcript has a problem and he is not admitted to CU. He grayshirts and swears he will get this fixed and will play for us next year. He winds up at San Jose State or some other school easier to get into.

2) Simmons is admitted, and then has a season-ending ACL injury or some other similar disaster three days before the CSU game.

3) Simmons is admitted, plays a couple games, then is suspended for the season for violating team rules for (pick one) fighting/skipping classes/doing drugs/armed robbery/sexual assault/missing practices/chewing gum.

4) Simmons is admitted, plays every game, and ends the season as the Buffs top receiver for catches, yards and points scored. Everyone is happy and the rest of the big 12 can do nothing but gnash their teeth.

:yeahthat:

Or like BM says he does qualify and does nothing cause Juco's never contribute :rolleyes:

I've never even implied that JUCO's never contribute. I've nothing even remotely close to that. I did say, however, that we shouldn't expect a JUCO coming in days before the season starts to be a significant contributor in his first year.

Don't lie, please.

Back