What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Big 12/SEC championship is shaping up.

To make an argument that their offense is dependant on the running game is not supported by the facts. Their offense is more dangerous then normal this year BECAUSE they can run it every now and then to some effect. However, that offense is built off the pass.

Saying that shutting down the run will stop that offense from working is like saying a car won't run because a headlight is out.

I never said that there offense was dependent on the run--you made that up. I said that the can beat you with the run if you don't show it respect. No doubt they want to beat you with the pass--but their run game is a threat. Look at their offense in the redzone when the field is more constricted, they run. I don't think they care if someone tries to stop their run game because that plays into their strength--no one stacks the box against tech--that would be suicide.

Oh, I understand their running game. You want a different stat? Despite the fact that teams rarely load the box against these guys, they are only averaging 5 yards a carry. They have the 8th best RB in terms of yardage per carry in the big XII as well as the 12th. They are the 10th best in the Big XII in terms of running the ball.

In front of, guess who? Us, and A&M.

Their Run game is OK. Thats it. Nothing that is going to kill you.

Their version of running the ball (Mike Leach even said so), is the screen pass to a WR. That is not running the ball.

Run stats don't mean crap--of course they don't have the best run offense in the big 12--they don't need to. 5 yards/carry is plenty good for what they do--it shows that they can get yards. Leach would pass it 100 times a game if he could, but he knows that running the ball adds more balance to their offense and teams therefore have to respect that element of their game even though they don't utilize as nearly as much as the pass, obviously.

That Tech run game CAN kill you because they run just enough to force you to respect it. They use the run to fortify the throw.

All I know is that if you think stopping the Tech run game is somehow all that important to stopping that offense, you are crazy.

Tech would be just fine with 10 yards rushing, cause they probably would have 400 passing.

Tech is relentless. The key to beating them is pass rush. Their O-Line has been stellar so far this year, including against UT, who supposedly has the best D-Line in the country. It's not just Crabtree who will kill you, either. They have like 5 guys on that team who can catch and run. Sick.

You can't even try to jam the receivers on the line because they're too strong for that sh!t. They'll push you aside and then catch a ball over your head and waltz into the end zone.

sick.

I really didn't think they'd be this good, but they are. Their only test remaining is OU. I personally think OU wins that one, but I'm not sure how.

I'd love to see the Gators and Bama lose to give the Big XII a chance to send two teams to the National Championship. If that wish can't come true than I will be happy if Florida doesn't make it. I'm so sick of seeing Florida, Ohio St, and USC at the top of the BCS that I'd be plum tickled if their programs went down the toilet.

I'd love to see the Gators and Bama lose to give the Big XII a chance to send two teams to the National Championship. If that wish can't come true than I will be happy if Florida doesn't make it. I'm so sick of seeing Florida, Ohio St, and USC at the top of the BCS that I'd be plum tickled if their programs went down the toilet.
I want to see TT beat OU, lose in the championship game to Mizzou, and OU, TT, and UT all have one loss. Utter chaos.

However, I would hope that UF beats Bama in the championship game, and PSU loses again down the stretch, perhaps even to the point OSU wins the Big 11.

That would amuse me to no end. USC would likely be pac10 champ and STILL behind the 3 BigXII South teams. As would PSU.

can you imagine the insanity?

I want to see TT beat OU, lose in the championship game to Mizzou, and OU, TT, and UT all have one loss. Utter chaos.

However, I would hope that UF beats Bama in the championship game, and PSU loses again down the stretch, perhaps even to the point OSU wins the Big 11.

That would amuse me to no end. USC would likely be pac10 champ and STILL behind the 3 BigXII South teams. As would PSU.

can you imagine the insanity?

You mean you want OU to beat TT to give TT their only loss and then OU lose to Mizzou in the CCG?

Like when Bama played TT a couple of years ago and held a team that averaged over 40 points a game to 10?

Either UF or UA will take away TTs running game. When a team become one dimensional against a good defense they can't score at their normal pace.

Hold your horses there sport. There are a few obstacles to go; You still gotta beat Miss St AND Auburn AND Fla in the SEC title game. That ain't gonna be easy.

TT has some bumps coming too but there not as big; beat OU next weekend AND Baylor AND Missouri in the title game.

Thats a lot of football and late season losses hurt the most. Such a hiccup by either team puts OU, SC or PSU into the title game. So don't f it up. :smile2:

Last edited:
It won't be PSU unless Bama, Florida, OU, UT, TT all lose.

TT is in the drivers seat by beating OU

UT has to play KU and A&M. Lose one of those and their out but both are winnable.
OU has to play TT and OSU. Lose one, or both, and OU is out.

One of the above OU, UT, or TT will lose and exit the top 5. UT is probably better off by NOT going to the title game.

Florida has South Carolina, Citadel, FSU and the SEC Championship game left to play.

Bama has Mississippi State and Auburn (always a good game) to play.

Bama is in the drivers seat. Fla could lose one of the above.

Penn St has Indiana and #15 Mich State left.

USC has Stanford, Notre Dame, and UCLA left which is probably the safest last 3 games of all the teams above.

Comparing TT's skill players to CU's makes me want to cry. All of their guys get great yards after the catch, our guys sit in the zone make the catch and get lit up. :cry:

Yea, it would probably take both UF and Bama losing to get 2 Big 12 teams into the MNC game because if TT and Texas win out and UF beats Bama, then TT will certainly be one of the teams, but UF would most likely jump over Texas and get the 2nd spot.

Yea, it would probably take both UF and Bama losing to get 2 Big 12 teams into the MNC game because if TT and Texas win out and UF beats Bama, then TT will certainly be one of the teams, but UF would most likely jump over Texas and get the 2nd spot.

An all Big XII mNC game is not impossible as I can't find the rule that prevents it. The only rule I can find indicates that a maximum of two teams from each conference can be ing the BCS.

1 Alabama
2 Texas Tech
3 Texas
4 Florida
5 Oklahoma
6 USC
7 Utah
8 Penn State
9 Boise State
10 Georgia

Teams in red still have to play each other. You can be assured that at least one team from the Big XII will be in the title game.

Both Bama and Florida would have to lose for this AND the voters would have to agree to rank some combination of OU/UT/TT as the top 2. Since they all played each other by the end the most likely scenario I see is TT beating OU and Bama losing to a Fla team with two losses allowing Texas to be #2 and TT#1. I don't think this is some thing voters would allow and you might see SC or Utah catapulted into the title game. SC is the most likely for that unless they lose again too.

Last edited:
Back