What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Case for "Colorado Buffaloes: 2009 Big 12 North Champions" ...

One game at a time fellas. We beat one team, we have alot of work to do. I know most are bull****tin but this isnt impossible. Momentum is huge in football and we have that right now. If we win saturday, we are gonna have even more.​

Texas also tried to run the ball. The rush D is playign better
Tell you the truth, I think Texas was better last year as a whole. Their D is better this year but I think Alabama or Florida are much more physical than Texas and just as talented, if not more. OU shouldve beat them and I watched the whole game.

All Koolaid aside, the reality of the situation is that our schedule puts us in the Big 12 North race and, as far as I see it, we have the best chance (bias aside):

Fuskers likely Big 12 record before the CU game: 4-3
ISU – W – Should be an easy win for the Fuskers as ISU’s offense won’t be able to put up points against them and the defense will allow the struggling NU offense to score.
@Baylor – W – See ISU
OU – L – NU has proven they can’t stop a team with an offense that can throw the ball well. OUs O-line will be able to fend off the strength of the Fusker D. OUs D is better than TTU.
@ KU – L – This one will be a toss-up as KUs has a strong O and a weak D, while NU has the opposite. However, unless NU can get it together offensively, I think KU wins
KSU – W – NU should win this with their D alone.

KUs likely Big 12 record at the end of the season: 4-4
OU – L – OU has a good defense and an offense that will score a lot of points on KUs struggling D
@TTU – L – This will be a shootout, but I think that TTUs Defense is a little stronger than KUs and they win in a game with 1000 yards of offense.
@KSU – W – KUs Offense will not be slowed down by KSU.
UN – W – See above
@UT – L – UT will be able to move the ball on KUs D, but the UT D should slow the KU O significantly.
Mizzou – W – Mizzou is struggling, but the rivalry will keep this game close and KU comes out on top.

KSUs likely big 12 record at the end of the season: 2-6
CU – L – This game is a must win for the Buffs. I think it will be close and our D will show up for the win.
@OU – L – No way they beat OU
KU – L – See KU
Mizzou – L – Mizzou is not as bad as they look on paper and they beat KSU easily.
@Nu – L – See Fuskers

Mizzou’s likely Big 12 record at the end of the season: 3-5
UT –L – UT’s Defense should shut down the Mizzou O and the Mizzou D will slow the UT offense but not enough to win (see the NU vs Mizzou game – which NU only won because of the weather IMO).
@CU –L- CU is at home and I think this one will be VERY close with CU pulling it off at the end. D will have to step up big in this one and the O will need to get ahead early (similar to KU game).
Baylor – W – Easy win
@KSU –W – See KSU
ISU –W – Easy win
@Kansas - L- See KU

ISU’s likely record at the end of the season: 2-6
@NU –L- See Fuskers
@aTm –W- This one will be close, but the aTm D looks real bad.
OSU –L- Easy win for OSU
CU –L- If we don’t overlook them we win, but given that it is a road game I think it will be closer than expected.
@Mizzou –L- should be an easy win for Mizzou at home.

CUs likely Big 12 record going in to the UN game: 5-2
@KSU – W-See KSU
Mizzou –W- See Mizzou
aTm – W -As bad as the aTm D is, I think we win this one fairly easily
@ISU – W – See ISU
@OSU –L – I think this is a winnable game, OSU has not been playing up to their expectations, but they are consistent on both sides of the ball. It should be closer than expected, but I see OSU winning this one.

The schedule breaks down perfectly for us, but this KSU game is going to shape the rest of the season (as sad as that sounds). If we beat KSU, we are allowed the one inevitable mistake/loss; we can then afford to lose against one of either Mizzou (the more likely of the 3 IMO), aTm, or ISU (which we are always close and it is an away game). All in all, we are in the best position in the North to go to the Big 12 Championship game. We have room for error and, as long as we don’t **** the bed, we will be playing UN for the Big 12 North (even if they do beat KU).
Puff the magic dragon.

again...the schedule just breaks down well for it to happen, not saying it will or even that it is highly likely. KU could have been a fluke, but I think if we play like that the rest of the year we do well. Pretty sure I am not the only one with this same opinion...douche

Back