What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A follow up to the issue of increased ticket prices

Ahh, but you do. If it meant that you could afford season tickets if they could use the revenues from beer sales to subsidize the ticket prices, you could benefit greatly from a lifting of the beer ban.

Please. You and I both know that ticket prices will never ever come down.

You could be right about that, BUT, when the decision was made, they said it was going to be temporary, and that if alcohol abuse in the stands subsided, then it would be made permanent. Well, there's still a lot of alcohol consumption taking place, just as was predicted. But they won't admit they were wrong, either. :rolleyes:

Alcohol abuse and football is like peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and chocolate, or peanut butter and toast, or peanutbutter and bananas, or peanut butter and honey.

Alcohol abuse and [fill in the blank] is like peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and chocolate, or peanut butter and toast, or peanutbutter and bananas, or peanut butter and honey.

Fixed. Individual results may vary. :smile2:

Alcohol abuse and football is like peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and chocolate, or peanut butter and toast, or peanutbutter and bananas, or peanut butter and honey.

I agree, which is what makes the beer ban all the more puzzling if you look at it logically. It's 3.2 beer for crissakes. Nobody can get too drunk off of that stuff. It's impossible. You piss it away too fast. Plus, the amount of money you'd need to drink that much beer at $5.50/cup is unreal. You'd have to walk into the game with $150 and a catheter. The hypocricy of the ban is out there for everybody to see, but they won't acknowledge it.

It's 3.2 beer for crissakes. Nobody can get too drunk off of that stuff. It's impossible.

The alcohol content of 3.2 isn't all that much lower than the full-strength stuff from Coors (which was primarily what they served). And trust me, one can get plenty drunk on 3.2 (I know your point is that no one's getting drunk by starting their drinking inside the stadium), just though I would offer some experience here.

The beer ban isn't really to stop/slow down the drunkenness, as anyone who's ever bought beer at a stadium knows it's nearly logistically impossible to even maintain a good buzz on stadium-bought beer (wait times & all that). But CU trying to "be serious" about underage drinking couldn't be selling beer & win the public relations game.

The beer ban isn't really to stop/slow down the drunkenness, as anyone who's ever bought beer at a stadium knows it's nearly logistically impossible to even maintain a good buzz on stadium-bought beer (wait times & all that). But CU trying to "be serious" about underage drinking couldn't be selling beer & win the public relations game.

But that was the reason given for the ban in the first place. Hypocricy at it's finest.

Back