What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A little over a week until signing day...

I don't know if Embree is going to get the "one-year rebuilding mulligan" from recruits. Hawk got the benefit of taking over a team the won the Big 12 North the year before, so he could sell the transition year struggles. Embree takes over a team that has sucked for 5 years - fair or not he needs to show significant improvement on the field THIS YEAR to sell the vision to the 2012 recruits.

Huh? If anything, the chain of events suggests that Embrrrito should get ANOTHER mulligan year from recruits. Hawk took an average team and made it worse. Embrrrito is taking over a team with huge mental and physical deficits. Some areas are better than others, but Embrrrito definitely deserves at least ONE mulligan. Especially with the huge senior class we are going to lose after this year. Hopefully he doesn't need it... But getting to a bowl in his second year would be amazing imho.

Huh? If anything, the chain of events suggests that Embrrrito should get ANOTHER mulligan year from recruits. Hawk took an average team and made it worse. Embrrrito is taking over a team with huge mental and physical deficits. Some areas are better than others, but Embrrrito definitely deserves at least ONE mulligan. Especially with the huge senior class we are going to lose after this year. Hopefully he doesn't need it... But getting to a bowl in his second year would be amazing imho.

If cu doesn't have a winning season this year, recruiting isn't going to be as great in 2012 as everyone seems to think. No reason embree can't get cu to a bowl in 2011.

I'm not talking about what he deserves, I personally want to give Embree some time to build this program - I'm talking about the perception of CU as a s***ty footbal program. We've been s***ty since the class of 2012 were 12 years old, these kids aren't going to think we're one year away - they're going to think we suck until we prove otherwise on the field, and you better believe other programs recruiting the same kids are going to remind them how bad we've been.

We shouldn't expect miracles this year, but we do need to show major improvement if we expect the 2012 class to be as good as we need it to be.

I'm not talking about what he deserves, I personally want to give Embree some time to build this program - I'm talking about the perception of CU as a s***ty footbal program. We've been s***ty since the class of 2012 were 12 years old, these kids aren't going to think we're one year away - they're going to think we suck until we prove otherwise on the field, and you better believe other programs recruiting the same kids are going to remind them how bad we've been.

We shouldn't expect miracles this year, but we do need to show major improvement if we expect the 2012 class to be as good as we need it to be.

Exactly, another 5-8, 6-7 year isn't going to make recruiting flourish in 2012.

I agree. If we have a repeat of 2006, we are going to struggle on the recruiting trail. But I do not think we will have to worry about that, we should be competitive with a huge senior class. As long as we are in contention for a bowl game in November (not a necessity we have to make a bowl game), I am pretty confident the recruiting will take care of itself.

Two big keys for recruiting this season:

1) Secure more early verbals and early interest from our Plan A targets.

2) Win our home games when we're hosting visitors.

If cu doesn't have a winning season this year, recruiting isn't going to be as great in 2012 as everyone seems to think. No reason embree can't get cu to a bowl in 2011.

No reason!?!?!? You're kidding, right. Have you seen next year's schedule? It is brutal. If the current open date IS filled by Cal, that will make 9 games against teams that played in bowls last year. (10 if you count USC)

CU will be lucky to win 5 games next year. Anything more than that should be considered one amazing coaching job.

No reason!?!?!? You're kidding, right. Have you seen next year's schedule? It is brutal. If the current open date IS filled by Cal, that will make 9 games against teams that played in bowls last year. (10 if you count USC)

CU will be lucky to win 5 games next year. Anything more than that should be considered one amazing coaching job.

Agreed. Hope is one thing, but realistically, 5. No bowl game.

Two big keys for recruiting this season:

1) Secure more early verbals and early interest from our Plan A targets.

2) Win our home games when we're hosting visitors.

Being competitive in the Ohio State game would help too. That is probably the early game in the season that will have national viewership.

Your #1 point is most important though. We really need to be better about securing early verbals. Cannot afford to be going into the season in September with 5-6 verbals.

Agreed. Hope is one thing, but realistically, 5. No bowl game.

In the way too early for a WAG, WAG category:

Hawaii, csewe, wazzu and whomever fills in for Call on the slate (probably a non bcs school or D II team given the lateness of the hour) are games CU should win. You really think they are only capable of going 2-7 the rest of the way? Granted, Oregon at home, UW, ASU and Stanford on the road are tough nuts to crack, but fUCLA and Utah at the end of the year will be beatable. Especailly since fUCLA is soft and getting softer under Ellen and Utah will be beaten down after playing their first full year in Big Boy FB. I see six W's as a real possibility.

I honestly think that if Embree gets 6-6, that will be a great job coaching.. We get run through the ringer in terms of scheduling. I could see us dropping the one in Hawaii with 2 brand new corners.. Losses agains USC Oregon Stanford ASU, oss up games against UW, UU, Cal (if we don't get it filled), UH, UCLA and UA, then wins against CSU and Wazzu.. I hate to be so wide with my predictions, but I could easily see anywhere from 3-9 to 7-5 or 8-4...

Don't forget that we've got 13 games this year. Since we added Ohio State, that means we have to win 7 instead of 6 to go bowling this season.

Totally forgot about that.. Its going to help by not having Pryor and co. but I will chalk that one as an L as well in the way too early prediction.. Although I could see rodney going off against them just to show them what they missed in their own backyard!

Back