What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A noticable change

In Fairview's dreams. Maui is the Punahou of Hawaiian islands.

That's just crazy talk.

Punahou is the Mullen of Hawaiian prep schools, and everyone knows Maui is more Fairview than Mullen.

That's just crazy talk.

Punahou is the Mullen of Hawaiian prep schools, and everyone knows Maui is more Fairview than Mullen.

Pffft. Mullen. Mullen isn't even the Mullen of Colorado Prep Schools anymore. That's Valor.

Here's a DP article on CO recruiting. And comments from Gasm...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: LOL at DP. 'CU winning state recruiting war'[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: LoFasZz on Fri Jul 4 2014 8:40:56 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:Says how CU is winning the recruiting war in state with the 4 big men they
have gotten verbals from the past two years....

Only one had a CSU offer (Lynott)...The other three CSU didn't want....I
seem to remember CSU getting three OL with CU offers in '13 class
(Nowland, Moxley, Golditch)

Nice job Denver Post
[/FONT]

:lol:

"The other three CSU didn't want" is but one of the gems I've read from that guy. He is a credit to their fanbase.

state pride discussion is interesting. in Virginia and Carolina, even back in Wisconsin, it's a big deal when a top ranked player goes out of state. I used to think that was the case everywhere. Then I worked with a guy from New York and asked him, "why doesn't Syracuse compete for the (M)NC nearly every year in football and basketball? there's nobody else to compete with for NY recruits." He explained that in the Northeast, there is no "state pride". kids see UConn or Penn State as much of a home school as they do Syracuse. The NE schools are small and people don't think twice about crossing state lines for most anything.

I wouldn't think that would be the case with Colorado. I don't know, but I would suspect that one factor working against Colorado, is a high percentage of the population being transplants -- it follows that their kids don't have the same loyalty and state pride.
For basketball, when a MD kid especially Baltimore-based doesn't choose Maryland, it's a big deal. For football it's not as much, given the lack of stature in the program.

Big men on campus

Colorado's locally grown offensive linemen:
Ed Caldwell, 6-foot-5, 295 pounds, So., Highlands Ranch
Isaiah Holland, 6-4, 320, Fr., Valor Christian
John Lisella II, 6-4, 265, So., Columbine
Tim Lynott*, 6-4, 295, HS, Regis Jesuit
Dillon Middlemiss*, 6-5, 275, HS, Pomona
Isaac Miller, 6-7, 250, Fr., Silver Creek
Marc Mustoe, 6-7, 290, Jr., Arvada West
*Oral commitment. Player still in high school.

Pretty impressive list with Callahan pending.... This is solid progress per keeping our big guys in state. Nice job staff.

Gasm doesn't know the difference between didn't and couldn't. In his mind he "didn't" take Katy Perry to prom.

Well that is a hilarious way to explain gasm and his inferiority complex. Do you think he was rejected from cu also?

Back