What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Adam Munstertieger recruting info (from B.C. Radio)

Logic is flawed for both posts.

Originally Posted by buffsyko
I agree with most of what you said but we have to stop blowing off not getting dt's. No excuses, none,notta,zip. I'm going to post a list of every DT 3* and above still undecided and you will find that there is no way in hell, cu can't sign one of these guys. I've heard this bs every year for the last 7-8 years, i'm done.
I'm 100% in agreement with syko. Each year we come up with an excuse why next year is going to be different. Have we not learned the key to a great defense starts up front? Most of you will say yes, but thanks for stating the obvious Stampede. Well I ask you, if it's so obvious, why do we repeatedly accept the lack of success recruiting this area? I'm all for drinking the cool-aid and believe our future is bright, but we're never going to compete let alone win a NC without having 1 or 2 dominant DTs.

I'm 100% in agreement with syko. Each year we come up with an excuse why next year is going to be different. Have we not learned the key to a great defense starts up front? Most of you will say yes, but thanks for stating the obvious Stampede. Well I ask you, if it's so obvious, why do we repeatedly accept the lack of success recruiting this area? I'm all for drinking the cool-aid and believe our future is bright, but we're never going to compete let alone win a NC without having 1 or 2 dominant DTs.

The DL recruiting does need to improve. I am just not sure it is completely fair to bash the new staff for missing on targets this year. In this case, the "next year" argument actually has some validity. Let's see how the staff does with a full year to evaluate/build relationships with prospects before we say it is "more of the same".

The problem with the last staff when it came to DL recruiting was that Bandison was lazy and really not a good recruiter. Prospects could not even remember his name sometimes. I tend to think Tui (and to a lesser extent, McGhee) will change that immediately.

The DL recruiting does need to improve. I am just not sure it is completely fair to bash the new staff for missing on targets this year. In this case, the "next year" argument actually has some validity. Let's see how the staff does with a full year to evaluate/build relationships with prospects before we say it is "more of the same".

The problem with the last staff when it came to DL recruiting was that Bandison was lazy and really not a good recruiter. Prospects could not even remember his name sometimes. I tend to think Tui (and to a lesser extent, McGhee) will change that immediately.

:yeahthat:

I'm not overly thrilled with this class, either. However, compared to what it would have been like had Hawkins still been around, it's fantastic.

I think that is fair. I'm a little underwhelmed by the signings so far to be honest.

I'm waiting to see what happens on LOI day, but to be completely honest, it's really hard to go in and sell kids on spending the next 3-5 years somewhere on promises and previous staff experience. It's selling air to some extent. Given that AND the fact that the staff has only been intact for about a month or less, I'm ok with where the class is at this point.

I think the thing that gives me the most hope, is that more of our targeted recruits, have offers/interest from top programs. It's good to see that again. In the end, it's about evaluating talent and then getting the most out of it on gameday. I'm hopeful that this staff can do both.

Nelson Spruce: Likes him ALOT. Thinks that bigger programs were scared away by the fact that he is white.

I'm not trying to create controversy, but I don't understand this. I'm not saying AM is wrong. I have seen Spruce play and I think he is way underrated. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a 4th star because of this factor. But why is this so? If the measurables and skills check out, why does color matter to recruiting coaches? Anyone know?

:yeahthat:

I'm not overly thrilled with this class, either. However, compared to what it would have been like had Hawkins still been around, it's fantastic.

^^This^^

This isn't going to be a top anything class but I didn't expect it to be. The staff has only had a few weeks to go after kids who have been being contacted by other schools for over a year now. Keep in mind that in December Embree and Bienemy were still looking at NFL tape, not HS tapes. They not only had to get in on communicating with these kids, they had to figure out which kids they wanted to communicate with. All this with the majority of kids either commited or already favoring other schools. They are also dealing with the problems of a very limited number of schollies available, a lousy record that past few years, and academic limitations as a result of Hawkins having so many hits against the graduation rate from taking and losing risky recruits.

Even with all this I see as many truly legit recruits in this class as we saw from Hawkins last couple of classes with a full year of recruiting work. I won't be surprised if we don't lose some more guys we want and pick up some others. The real results to judge by will start next year after the staff has had a chance to start working the HS coaches, camping kids, and establishing and maintaing relationships.

you guys need to be realistic, this year is a basic write off. So long as we can address some areas of need with some decent 3 star guys and maybe pull one rabbit out of the hat we should be more than happy.

Area of need ..DT. Now what?

HOUSTON has 5- 3 star DT's in their class. Not 1,2 or 3 but FIVE. End of discussion, if they can get 5,cu can get 1 if not, this staff sucks.

If houston can sign 5 3star dt's, you telling me tui and mcghee can't get 1 DT signed out of all the dt recruits? Really? Depth is going to bite cu in the ass. You're going to have freshman backing up a sr and jr in 2012. Whatever, nobody cares.

All the other positions i'm fine with, unless you're talking some dt recruits, don't care.

After all this I don't see a single response from you in the Nembot thread?

Come on, man. I posted that just for you. :wink2:

Brillliant.

You don't care so **** off. You're the guy who will bitch about the defense during the season getting no pass rush up front and getting pushed around. Then come recruiting season, you'll blow off the dt recruiting and come up with "brilliant" retorts.

You're awesome.

You don't care so **** off. You're the guy who will bitch about the defense during the season getting no pass rush up front and getting pushed around. Then come recruiting season, you'll blow off the dt recruiting and come up with "brilliant" retorts.

You're awesome.

Relax, man. Yelling at us ain't gonna bring a DT to Boulder.

You're awesome.

Your pm box is full. If you clean it out, I'll give you a proper response.

Back