What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Air Force September 14

CU beat NU at home in OT, it doesn’t get any closer. Liking someone doesn’t make them better.

Stop talking about Nebraska like they're ****ing Georgia or Alabama. They're not. I've been saying this for months-I had their ceiling for 2019 at 6-7 wins, and they're nowhere close to where the so-called "experts" (looking at you, Phil Steele) had them going into the year. Read my posts in the hate thread and elsewhere. There's no leadership on that football team, they aren't disciplined (What do you think Mel Tucker says to a kid like Mo Barry after his "Nobody is going to care about Colorado when we're in the Big 10 championship" line from Monday if he's coaching NU right now?), and they're not well coached, either (Put Dan Hawkins or any other idiot coach in the situation they had and they're trying to win the game with TD on the Nubs OT possession). .They're exactly the kind of Power 5 team that a service academy can make look really silly.

What I say has nothing to do with my opinion of that school-They're disciplined (haven't seen that the last two weeks) and they can walk into Folsom tomorrow and easily control the tempo. Their offense is very unique, too-they run a fair amount of option stuff, but I see some Shanahan/Gary Kubiak type of concepts when I watch them play. Altitude isn't going to bother them (Falcon Stadium is one of 2 FBS stadiums that are at a higher elevation than Folsom is) like it did Fusker or any of the Pac 12 teams who are coming here. This is going to be a really tough game-and Air Force scares the hell out of me. I think we're going to win, but it ain't gonna be easy.

Last edited:
There is a very large gap between AFA and Alabama, NU is somewhere in that gap.

I’m looking forward to getting past this game, it’s been a contest around here to see who can slob AFA’s nob the most. They are a middle of the pack Mountain West team.

Good for you-I'm glad we're playing them, and looking forward to heading up there tomorrow for it. Shouldn't have taken 40 something years or whatever the hell its been.

I read a few quotes where the afa players said they watched our games and we "looked beatable.". Which combined with the fact that they didnt say anything positive about our team sounds like a polite way of saying they think they are better than us. And that is pretty overconfident thing to say, considering they are the underdog and havent even played an fbs opponent yet

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and words in a paper is what a reporter selects to report or a TV sports anchor clips. If you watch other players interviews they were higher the respectful of Colorado. Go Falcons

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and words in a paper is what a reporter selects to report or a TV sports anchor clips. If you watch other players interviews they were higher the respectful of Colorado. Go Falcons
We're pretty sure that most of their team takes the cue from their coach in how they talk about the other team.

And Calhoun is a dyed-in-the-wool sandbagger.

"They're a good team and we're hoping to keep it close and maybe catch a break at the end to win" = "we're pretty confident that we're going to have the edge the entire game and win in our usual fashion."

There is a very large gap between AFA and Alabama, NU is somewhere in that gap.

I’m looking forward to getting past this game, it’s been a contest around here to see who can slob AFA’s nob the most. They are a middle of the pack Mountain West team.
The love fest with Air Force is a little much. This has everything to do with CU and how they handle this game due to last week.

The love fest with Air Force is a little much. This has everything to do with CU and how they handle this game due to last week.

There surely was the love fest for Nebraska and it was so lovely to CU fans how it turned out. I wouldn't mind a re-run today.

I think we win, but Vegas is pretty sharp and they opened w/ CU as a 1.5 favorite. It's 3 points now, but if you go w/ home field being worth 3, you conclude they figure AF is as good as we are

I think we win, but Vegas is pretty sharp and they opened w/ CU as a 1.5 favorite. It's 3 points now, but if you go w/ home field being worth 3, you conclude they figure AF is as good as we are

Almost. Vegas doesn’t set the spreads based on who they think will win and by how much. They set spreads based on getting 50% of the money bet on each team.

This game scares the 💩 out of me. Air Force is returning a pretty good squad this season and the Buffs will have played two very emotional games back to back. Factor in the triple option offense and the early kickoff and this has trap written all over it.
Ahem

Congrats, AF played just as described. Good luck the rest of the season and safe travels.

Back