What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alabama is going to MUDHOLE Colorado!

Chuck,

There's a phenominon that occurs anytime Ralphie goes on the road - which is very rare. When she runs, do yourself a favor and watch the crowd. You'll see several thousand flash bulbs going off. Not from the CU fans, who have not only seen this Ralphie, but the three that preceeded her. Nope, it'll be from all of the Alabama fans who want to have a memento of the day they saw that Buffalo.

When we traveled down to Jo-Ja (Georgia) last year, I made a point of watching the crowd when Ralphie ran to start the game. I gotta tell ya, it was an everlasting memory. People were standing on the bleachers, leaning on shoulders, mouths wide open looking at Ralphie as if a dang T-Rex came to life. One lady behind actually said "I thought Buffaloes were extinct!" (In fact they almost were, of course.) After Ralphie popped up into the trailer they were high fiving, laughing, and having a great time about that sight.

It was one of the very coolest memories on that road trip, and on any of the many other CU road trips I've taken.

why are folks below the mason-dixon always talking about mudholes?

"we gonna stomp a mudhole in y'all."

etc.

this fascination with mudholes is bizarre.

don't you people have paved roads? hell, you've still got chain gangs going down there so you'd think at least you'd have those poor convicts fix the roads.

bammers.

Do you even know where the Mason-Dixon line is without Google?

wah that is a line drawing the da boundrahs of a few yankee states prior to dah reva-lut-ionary wah due to a bordah dispute. them two boys from dar 'ol country, mason and dixon were hired ta set 'em 'er boundrahs.

as the blackberrah summahs came an passed, it came to represent the division between the slave states and the non-slave states. da great wah of northern aggression forevah cemented that idea.

ferin' you youngins at aint schooled in southern historha, i posted the above and in a manner that the southern folks could undersand too.

asssin wit any storah, therrin be a bit more to da storrah, buttin 'attl get you er.

:cool:

I'm getting a bit uncomfortable with the stereotyping going on here. I'm from West Texas. Not the south, but a part of the country ripe for stereotyping. My favorite business trips have been in the South. Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi. Great folks. So, lets go ahead and talk good, clean smack. But lets avoid the stereotyping schit.

I'm getting a bit uncomfortable with the stereotyping going on here. I'm from West Texas. Not the south, but a part of the country ripe for stereotyping. My favorite business trips have been in the South. Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi. Great folks. So, lets go ahead and talk good, clean smack. But lets avoid the stereotyping schit.

you are right. i will say that i do my "southern talk" all in good fun.

i have lived in the south, not sure if greenville is considered the 'deep south' or not, for over 5 years now. i have loved it. great people. very, very friendly. never even came close to having a problem nor have i seen the 'racist attitudes' that are supposed to be rampant in these parts. not even close and when people try and throw out that stereotype about southerners, it does piss me off.

i do my 'southern talk' out of, well, kind of a respect. and to poke fun, sure. the south definitly has a differnet lingo and way of talk. nttiawwt. well, other than gramatically, but im not one to talk. i suck at grammer and spelling so take that fwiw.

i still cant figure out why my wife says "i seen that the other day" rather than "saw" but, everyone does it here. just seems wrong to me but whatever.

i still to this day struggle to have a conversation with my father in law and brother in law. they are like 'boomhower' in slowmotion with mushmouth thrown in for good measure. i just cant understand what they are saying for the most part. i get about one out of every 4 or 5 words. i love 'em. they are great people but they definitly have a different way of speaking english than im used to.

meh, i do it all in fun.

you are right. i will say that i do my "southern talk" all in good fun.

i have lived in the south, not sure if greenville is considered the 'deep south' or not, for over 5 years now. i have loved it. great people. very, very friendly. never even came close to having a problem nor have i seen the 'racist attitudes' that are supposed to be rampant in these parts. not even close and when people try and throw out that stereotype about southerners, it does piss me off.

i do my 'southern talk' out of, well, kind of a respect. and to poke fun, sure. the south definitly has a differnet lingo and way of talk. nttiawwt. well, other than gramatically, but im not one to talk. i suck at grammer and spelling so take that fwiw.

i still cant figure out why my wife says "i seen that the other day" rather than "saw" but, everyone does it here. just seems wrong to me but whatever.

i still to this day struggle to have a conversation with my father in law and brother in law. they are like 'boomhower' in slowmotion with mushmouth thrown in for good measure. i just cant understand what they are saying for the most part. i get about one out of every 4 or 5 words. i love 'em. they are great people but they definitly have a different way of speaking english than im used to.

meh, i do it all in fun.

I just think its wierd to go to a restraunt and see "gator tail" on the menu.

I just think its wierd to go to a restraunt and see "gator tail" on the menu.

at 'er some good eaten... :smile2:

probably because, other than the zoo, gators are not in abundance in colorado.

them gators must get pissed about this time of year being at a zoo in colorado....

i always liked "alley" that kept getting out into city park from the denver zoo back in the '80's. thought that was cool....

you might be surprised....

http://www.gatorfarm.com/

but yeah, deep fried gator tail is good stuff. :thumbsup:

As much as I love living in Colorado now, the two biggest things I miss about the South are the food and the people.

Last edited:

:lol:

what's this "google" you speak of? i am just a poor uninformed westerner. hell, i can barely find the flyover states without a map in front of me, let alone the south. :moon: :lol:

... on a slightly more serious note, i have no freaking idea what kind of a game we will see tomorrow. hopefully, it will be a fun one!

Just in case you missed it.

4028c-mudhole.jpg

Back