What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Official Thread - COLORADO V OKIE STATE - DEC 29

Why do we have some asshat going by wrathofsaban posting stupid **** in a Big 12 vs Pac 12 matchup?

Yup same Leavitt defense

But the issue is the same lindgren offense.

The worst down level offense in the country

Predictable and poorly designed
Yup players make mistakes but this offense and play calling gives them no chance

The players have to win it cause lindgren gives then no chance

The offensive line is bad. Not Sefo.
I agree and disagree. The line is a bit suspect tonight definitely, but every throw Sefo made in the 1st half was off. Even the completions were bad balls. He looked off from the start.

Everyone needs to calm down a little bit. Can be pissed about effort, can be pissed about preparation, but everything that has happened this year is a first time for this team and everyone involved, except for Hagan and Chev... Must get these experiences to get better and to become relevant again. I wish they were a little more prepared, but this is a wonderful year that is just the first step. I am frustrated, but I remember 1986 - 2004 and that is the standard that you work to get back to every year and the first Mac put a lot of effort into building that. Rebuilding is harder than maintaining and that is the phase we are now in.

Maintain - Upgrade - Maintain - Upgrade - Maintain - Win Championships

Oh, and for you assholes that think this is all about leavitt... this is the same leavitt defense that **** the bed against Washington

Defense didn't **** the bed until the offense screwed them over with 3 turnovers inside the + 50 side of the ball. I've blacked it out of my mind as i took the whole family to watch it and Sefo threw two immediate picks right after halftime to force the blowout.

We would have been closer if Montez stayed in the game.

Defense didn't **** the bed until the offense screwed them over with 3 turnovers inside the + 50 side of the ball. I've blacked it out of my mind as i took the whole family to watch it and Sefo threw two immediate picks right after halftime to force the blowout.

Yup

Coaching

Where did all the quick short throws go? With the big lead, OSU will be playing soft and with deep safeties, so quick throws and 6-10 yard gains is totally acceptable to get going. Mix in timely PL runs and some screens and this game can turn around.

What I have gotten from most CU fans is when Sefo struggles it is not his fault. It is the OL or the WR are not open.

When we win it is all Sefo. He willed us to victory with guts and grit!

He gets a 3k word essay giving him all credit for The Rise.

No real point just interesting...

I struggle with what to say sometimes about Sefo. Objectively on just the plays being made or not, I get very frustrated with him and have for 4 years. But I absolutely love the guy and always want so badly for him to do well. So I guess I probably fall in line with what you're talking about. When he succeeds, I'm so damn happy for him. And when he doesn't, I don't feel any desire to pile on.

So, you agree that it isn't the Leavitt-less defense that is causing this poor showing

Where did all the quick short throws go? With the big lead, OSU will be playing soft and with deep safeties, so quick throws and 6-10 yard gains is totally acceptable to get going. Mix in timely PL runs and some screens and this game can turn around.

Our offense regressed quite a bit. Not sure if we changed or opponents figured us out.

Sounds like he tried to fight the whole OSU team right before half. If there is a guy who can fire the team up at half, its him.
Totally agree, this is now Phillips team! I think there has been a small rift between the offensive players and Sefo around mid season when the success was being piled on him and not on the whole team. It was always a team thing, until all the nice things were showered on Sefo and he did not keep the focus on the team, rather he seemed to take all the credit in order to pat himself on the back for all the work he put in. There has to be a genuine effort made to remain a team player.

Back