What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Official Thread - COLORADO V OKIE STATE - DEC 29

Sefo is a warrior but I am happy he is finished after tonight.
He may be a fighter but he gets his ass beat every time he fights.

He is guy who bleeds a lot.

And hopefully a new or at least an expanded playbook.

The Tecmo Bowl four plays is not working.
I firmly believe this is due to a lack of confidence in Sefo. Something has been off for a month. Our offense has been basic going back to the UCLA game because Sefo has been subpar to say the least.

Watching how innovative and creative OSU has been on offense with their routes has been eye opening. I feel like our **** is go patterns, slant or tunnel screen. These guys are running comebacks, outs, digs, the whole route tree.

**** this is frustrating.

Lack of confidence in Montez is telling!
That's part of what I've been wondering.

Is it that this is sort of Sefo's team and he gets to keep playing if he wants to? Or is it that even a busted-a$s Sefo gives the coaching staff more confidence because of Montez's limitations?

Watching how innovative and creative OSU has been on offense with their routes has been eye opening. I feel like our **** is go patterns, slant or tunnel screen. These guys are running comebacks, outs, digs, the whole route tree.

**** this is frustrating.

Yet they haven't figured out the QB power run. It's a go-to!

Is it that this is sort of Sefo's team and he gets to keep playing if he wants to? Or is it that even a busted-a$s Sefo gives the coaching staff more confidence because of Montez's limitations?
Great question. I honestly think we'll have a three way QB competition next year.

Bowl games are times when good coordinators can really make a difference. You have a season of film on the other team and time to pick through all of it. Opportunity to really study play calling tendencies and QB tendencies. Time to go through your game plan, and point out keys and indicators of the other team. When the game looks like the other coach is in your huddle all day after a month of preparation, you're being out coached. BL and Chev should be embarrassed by this offensive game plan and lack of adjustments.

The wide-eyed look Montez gives, despite having played quite a bit this season, is really concerning.

I won't take this to twitter but what a gutless, inept performance.

Hey, offense called a comeback route with 8 min in the 4th quarter.

Limitations?! Montez is better than Sefo in every physical attribute. Hard to believe he couldn't look better running the same 4 plays over and over again. Guarantee you Sefo wouldn't have got us 21-17 at USC.

Sefo is a great Buff. However, The constant injuries and hobbling around are just frustrating because it means we're either playing with a QB at less than 100%, or our backup comes in who has had minimal reps with the 1s leading up to the game and looks unprepared. And the back half of the season seemed very much like a rinse and repeat of that each week.

Sefo wouldn't have to be so "tough" if he didn't always hold onto the ****ing ball for so long

Back