What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alcorn State -- 11/23 Roll call.

not just talking about the point differential. The effort was very very obvious from both of them.

I thought the defense between the two was awesome in the 1st half, but had some breakdowns in the second half letting Alcorn State get some easy buckets by driving to the lane. I don't know what to think about Sharpe right now. I like his defensive intensity, but I thought he was going to bring us another dimension offensively, which I haven't seen yet. Am I too impatient?

glad to hear it, i didn't see the game. just saying guarding Alcorn State has been done before in big way. on it's own, defending A State isn't making me a believer or that Tad's strategy has long term success. not saying it doesn't either.

I have to agree, you could see it in Higgins and Burks eyes that they were out there taking Defense seriously. I agree the end result would have been the same either way, as Alcorn State is a pretty bad team. But you could see neither of them was going to be accused of not trying hard on defense ever again. The whole team was a lot more active on the defensive end, they still need to work on switching, and helping out, but at least they have the energy at that end of the court now.

I too was expecting more out of this team, but it is nice to see the progression from game to game. I just think the new game plan is too different from what Bz played, and it is taking a long time to adopt. I am liking that Boyle isnt a pushover coach like Patton, and he has a lot more character than Bz ever did.

I don't know what to think about Sharpe right now. I like his defensive intensity, but I thought he was going to bring us another dimension offensively, which I haven't seen yet. Am I too impatient?

I completely agree, I though Sharpe was going to bring a lot more to the table. Yesterday he had one drive to the basket that I have to say was pretty impressive. I wonder if he doesnt have the confidence yet, or what is going on there.

I completely agree, I though Sharpe was going to bring a lot more to the table. Yesterday he had one drive to the basket that I have to say was pretty impressive. I wonder if he doesnt have the confidence yet, or what is going on there.

It may be a subtle confidence issue, with either the game itself or with his knee. I'm curious to see how much he progresses by the time they finish the ooc schedule.

How was the attendance last night, both in terms of #'s and energy?

would have been nice for SS to be an immediate impact guy running point....but, he hasn't played at this level before and hasn't played competitively in more than a year. there's too much "buzz" about the kid's ability out there (and not just in Boulder) to think at some point the light goes on.....wait and see, i guess. Nate brings some nice things to the table but he's not going to turn into Joe Dumars any time soon.

I have to agree, you could see it in Higgins and Burks eyes that they were out there taking Defense seriously. I agree the end result would have been the same either way, as Alcorn State is a pretty bad team. But you could see neither of them was going to be accused of not trying hard on defense ever again. The whole team was a lot more active on the defensive end, they still need to work on switching, and helping out, but at least they have the energy at that end of the court now.

I agree, when Burks came in, he was playing tough defense to start. Even forced a 5 second call pretty early in the game. The defensive intensity seemed better, although that could have been just that the opponent was not very good. Seemed like we were up 35-15 at some point.

It was cool seeing Rugged and Snowbuff. We also had some issues with the BeauJo's pregame spot. That said, it was nice seeing 6 Miller lights for 4.50 on the tab.

As for Sharpe, I think he leaves his feet too much when he's driving. It seemed like he'd find himself airborn, contorting his body and looking for either a really really tough shot or somebody to bail him out. This leads to trouble. He had at least 1 bad turnover and a couple of bailot passes to the top of the circle.

Robertson, although a great rebounder and inside presence, sure doesn't have a feel for ball handling. Made a few...lets say questionable...decisions passing. Love the rebound dunks and his drive down the lane in the first half though. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Crowd was about as expected. Not much by way of students, not a bad showing by everybody else. Energy was eh. Loved that we all got behind Mills (freshman 7 footer). Huge cheer when he came in. We fed him the ball a few times near the end of the game to get him his first points. It took him a few shots. Sure has long arms, can receive entry passes well. Hopefully he had fun.

Loved that Cabral and the football team came and were announced. Good decision by CU to take them there. Had a "beat Nebraska" cheer going for a bit.

All in all, a pretty good day.

I don't think we should read anything into this win either way, other than we got the W. They beat a bad team by 40 in Boulder. Probably should just leave it at that.

3 big games coming up in the next 2 weeks: @Harvard on Sunday(only because it's a road game), and both Oregon State(12/4) and CSU(12/8) in Boulder. They need to take care of business in these games, and blowout the other 3 cupcakes on the schedule before we head to Vegas to play New Mexico.

This.

I thought the defense between the two was awesome in the 1st half, but had some breakdowns in the second half letting Alcorn State get some easy buckets by driving to the lane. I don't know what to think about Sharpe right now. I like his defensive intensity, but I thought he was going to bring us another dimension offensively, which I haven't seen yet. Am I too impatient?

Hopefully.

It may be a subtle confidence issue, with either the game itself or with his knee. I'm curious to see how much he progresses by the time they finish the ooc schedule.

How was the attendance last night, both in terms of #'s and energy?

it was pretty weak last night. Student section was dead. The football team showed up, but the place was lackluster. Without looking at the official numbers, I would estimate around 3,500

I just checked and it was 2778

it was pretty weak last night. Student section was dead. The football team showed up, but the place was lackluster. Without looking at the official numbers, I would estimate around 3,500

I just checked and it was 2778
Student section was dead because of fall break and all the students going home for the most part.

Back