What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alert!! We had a vanilla game plan and won by 21

Hey Austin - apparently the Houston CU alumni club may not be organizing a big A&M Texas alumni pre-party in college station. (Can Spiff or any other H-town alum confirm this?)

Anyways, did your Austin chapter discuss this? Maybe DFW and Austin and any other Texas chapters need to step up and coordinate the CU welcome wagon for Aggie weekend.

We didn't, but I'll bring it up at the WVU game.

you waited till high school for that?

Yep. 16 miles to school (our had K through 12 in same buildings), 18 kids in my class, 7 girls, related to 4 of the 7. Nearest neighbor, 1.5 miles away, and they were cousins. Nearest non related neighbor, over 3 miles away, and in the other direction, closest was 9 miles. So yeah, until I had a car of my own, opportunities were, let's say---limited.:sad1:

Yep. 16 miles to school (our had K through 12 in same buildings), 18 kids in my class, 7 girls, related to 4 of the 7. Nearest neighbor, 1.5 miles away, and they were cousins. Nearest non related neighbor, over 3 miles away, and in the other direction, closest was 9 miles. So yeah, until I had a car of my own, opportunities were, let's say---limited.:sad1:

Hmmm.... :devil:

Hey Austin - apparently the Houston CU alumni club may not be organizing a big A&M Texas alumni pre-party in college station. (Can Spiff or any other H-town alum confirm this?)

Anyways, did your Austin chapter discuss this? Maybe DFW and Austin and any other Texas chapters need to step up and coordinate the CU welcome wagon for Aggie weekend.

That's a good question. I have not seen any mailers on it, and usually they are out by now. I had a great time at the A&M pre-game last time. I'm wondering if the Houston club has disintegrated. I checked the CU Alum website for contact info (Listing of CU Alum Chapters, and it doesn't even mention the Houston club. I bet the DFW chapter will put together a trip, they seem pretty active. I would whine about it, but just my luck, the only trip to Texas this year, and I'll be out of town on business.

That's a good question. I have not seen any mailers on it, and usually they are out by now. I had a great time at the A&M pre-game last time. I'm wondering if the Houston club has disintegrated. I checked the CU Alum website for contact info (Listing of CU Alum Chapters, and it doesn't even mention the Houston club. I bet the DFW chapter will put together a trip, they seem pretty active. I would whine about it, but just my luck, the only trip to Texas this year, and I'll be out of town on business.

Argh. The grand poobah of the DFW chapter indicated that $$$ has not been budgeted to cover what we thought was Houston's baby. WTF, spiff? Did someone take a trip to Cozumel, then disband the H-town / NASA alumni org?

Sounds like some bodies are needed to step up, raise some cash, and get this party started.

Argh. The grand poobah of the DFW chapter indicated that $$$ has not been budgeted to cover what we thought was Houston's baby. WTF, spiff? Did someone take a trip to Cozumel, then disband the H-town / NASA alumni org?

Sounds like some bodies are needed to step up, raise some cash, and get this party started.

The good news is that you would have no trouble tailgating with anyone at the A&M game. Those Aggies are a weird crowd, but they can BBQ like a mutha, and they are as friendly as they come.

As for the H-Town chapter, I have no idea what happened. If they went to Cozumel, they didn't offer me a spot...You'd think with oil over $100 a barrel, that some H-Town Buff would be able to take care of it.

I know many fans realize this but we did not show anybody anything all that usable on film. We beat them on talent, strength and speed.

The offense used on misdirection play, for the most part put a hat on a hat and went right at CSU, nothing fancy.

On D, we blitzed maybe 5 times...maybe. The DL played straight up, there were few stunts or twists on the DL and still got 5 sacks. There were no disguised coverages either. They showed man, they played man. They showed zone, they played a zone.

Even with playing it simple, we won convincingly against a team who gives us their best shot every time we play them.

It'll probably be more of the same this weekend, with a bit more of the playbook opened up but still not giving WVU much to look at on film.
I think that around 35 other teams did the same thing on Sat.

Hmmm.... :devil:

Dude. Please. I am not from Tennessee.:huh: Plus, cousins include boys and girls, not just boys. So i did get to ride alot of dirtbikes with them and we rolled the Odeseys several times and ALMOST rolled the Chevy Luv pickup once. Fun times, different world, we were sent out regularly with a couple of .22s and a couple of bricks of shells to go shoot whatever, as there were no people to shoot. The rabbit population suffered mightly for a couple of years though. And the antelope herds got in good shape as we would chase them on our dirtbikes as far as we could until we had to stop for fences.

Now for winter, we had snowmobiles, ropes and saucer sleds-- that is a whole 'nuther story there....:thumbsup: As far as accidents there, my cousin was in a field with ONE tree-- and hit it and broke his collarbone. I blame that for his playing football at CSU. Although he did play at AF breifly before deciding that the military was not for him (after years campaigning to get in).

Back