What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in One DirecTV Hates Pac-12 Network Thread (Was Larry Scott Thread)

Raycom Media’s offer to put viewers first declined by DirecTV.

After removing all Raycom Media stations from its lineup on September 1, DirecTV refused to restore the signal for Thursday night’s NFL game. Raycom opened negotiations, and made an extremely aggressive effort to bring closure to the dispute in the best interest of its viewers. Contrary to what you might hear, DirecTV turned Raycom’s offer down.

Rather than allow the stations to be restored pending a temporary resolution, DirecTV chose to keep the stations dark and offer its customers free trials to their premium sports offerings. This comes as no surprise since DirecTV is competing with DISH Network to secure the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. This negotiation is complicated further by AT&T’s pending offer to purchase DirecTV for $49 billion. According to Sports Business Journal, if DirecTV cannot close a deal with the NFL, AT&T has the right to back out of their agreement to purchase DirecTV. http://shout.lt/DkZ7

For Raycom, the economic equation is much less complicated. Over the last four years, the fees it pays the major networks to broadcast that content locally has, on average, doubled each year. The fee increase Raycom is asking for would cover DirecTV’s fair share of these price increases.

Raycom Media is still trying to negotiate an agreement that would restore its local channels to the DirecTV lineup. It's unfortunate that DirecTV refused our offer. But, we remain hopeful that DirecTV will put their subscribers first and do the right thing, so viewers will see NCAA and NFL games this weekend.

Just moved and the plan all along was to dump DTV so I could get Pac network. Instead DTV threw piles of offers at me and I stayed. Genie is awesome, On Demand is now wireless and whole home DVR.

I guess it will be another year of Pac on the computer.

My DTV contract just expired. With Longmonts fibre optic system set to get to my house sometime in about a year. I'm conflicted about whether I should drop them now, or wait until I can get the fibre. I've called and bitched at them so often that they don't even bother to offer me any goodies to stay. I think they just assume I'm leaving. Keeping them allows me to call and bitch from time to time.

My DTV contract just expired. With Longmonts fibre optic system set to get to my house sometime in about a year. I'm conflicted about whether I should drop them now, or wait until I can get the fibre. I've called and bitched at them so often that they don't even bother to offer me any goodies to stay. I think they just assume I'm leaving. Keeping them allows me to call and bitch from time to time.

Between your bitching to Comcast and bitching to DTV, you sound like one high maintenance pain in the ass customer.

Between your bitching to Comcast and bitching to DTV, you sound like one high maintenance pain in the ass customer.

To be clear: I didn't bitch that much to Comcast. I simply dropped them. They are horrible. For all my problems with DTV, at least they do what they say they're going to do and I've never had one issue with their billing.

And I actually like my cell phone service provider. Verizon is pretty good. Not cheap, but their service rocks.

To be clear: I didn't bitch that much to Comcast. I simply dropped them. They are horrible. For all my problems with DTV, at least they do what they say they're going to do and I've never had one issue with their billing.

And I actually like my cell phone service provider. Verizon is pretty good. Not cheap, but their service rocks.

The other nice thing about Comcast is that you can just drop them. DTV not so much.

You must have really bad luck. In that case I feel for you. I've been pretty fortunate with my TV/Internet services.

This threads only 7 years old, let’s revive it. I’m sure there’s more recent, relevant threads but I’m on a cell phone, it’s 4 AM, **** it. With the Altitude vs the world debate, Shay have you Avalanche and Nuggets fans done? Insane we have to choose between pac network and altitude. Are there any alternatives I’m missing with DIRECTV to watch the Buffs? Online PAC network or something? Frustrating.

This threads only 7 years old, let’s revive it. I’m sure there’s more recent, relevant threads but I’m on a cell phone, it’s 4 AM, **** it. With the Altitude vs the world debate, Shay have you Avalanche and Nuggets fans done? Insane we have to choose between pac network and altitude. Are there any alternatives I’m missing with DIRECTV to watch the Buffs? Online PAC network or something? Frustrating.
3 months of SlingTV.

Given that college football is being postponed (nothing official just yet), I'm curious about the plans for watching football re-runs.

I'd like to watch re-runs of some great buff football, but I got rid of my VHS tapes. :)
No worries. I'm gonna set up a 1-800-CALL DBT line where it's only $.50 a minute to hear DBT reminisce about the glory days--"Whizzer" White, beating up on DU and the Denver Athletic Club, all of it.

Reactions: DBT
Lets #OccupyDirecTV. Oh wait, that’s not cool anymore. We’ve woked beyond that.
Im kind of old school.

Here is the basic idea;
  • I support CU
  • CU is in the Pac 12
  • DirecTV chooses not to support the Pac12
  • thus, I choose NOT to do business with the companies that DO NOT support the Pac12
  • your loyalty to CU likely ends where NFL Sunday ticket starts. Am I wrong?

I canceled in ~2017

Last edited:
Im kind of old school.

Here is the basic idea;
  • I support CU
  • CU is in the Pac 12
  • DirecTV chooses not to support the Pac12
  • thus, I choose NOT to do business with the companies that DO NOT support the Pac12
  • your loyalty to CU likely ends where NFL Sunday ticket starts. Am I wrong?

I canceled in ~2017

im less principled. I’d like to watch CU athletics, my primary love, but also the Avs and Nuggets. It’s no longer an issue it turns out as we’ve reached the NBA and NHL playoffs and they’ll be broadcast nationally. It does piss me off to pay $200/month in cable and have to get some shady stream online to catch my local professional teams. I don’t think having access to all of the above is unreasonable.

And moved.
Yeah, I think that’s pretty much got to happen at this point. No way they can continue to pay the kind of rent they’re paying in SFO. The overhead had got to be killing them. Vegas is the obvious choice. Time for the PAC to capitalize on having Vegas in their footprint.

Yam provided far more value for the P12 than Scott. Could have kept him for a small fraction of Scott's expense account. Ugh.
I have just a touch less hate for Larry Scott's leadership than I do for the Nubs. It's not by much, though.

Wonder if this all sort of causes the pac 12 networks to shut down and the teams can go to more of an individual 3rd party deal like the big 12 has.

Back