What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in One DirecTV Hates Pac-12 Network Thread (Was Larry Scott Thread)

Sure wish I could provide Pac12 with my Directv info in exchange for being able to pull content right off of the P12N website.

Not getting what I want from both Directv and P12N is frustrating.

This was a hard decision.

Truly tough, but buh bye DirecTV. We didn't have the genie. Been with them for too long to not be able to watch our college teams.

It sucks I'll have to stream the non-primetime Seahawks NFL games or go to a bar to see them, but oh well. 24 month contract time again.

I really wish all of the different Pac broadcasts were available on TV. Hopefully that comes with time. At least you can stream the different feeds through the computer via the Pac-12.com site. We'll just have to hook the computer up to the TV to get those (Husky) feeds on the big screen.

With Dish... this Hopper thing with built-in Sling seems cool. We can now record 2 different TV shows while watching Sunday Night NFL games (3 tuners). Awesome. We couldn't do that with DirecTV. Not only that, but we can stream live or DVR'ed shows anywhere on the planet through our computers, iPhones and future iPads. Also cool. Really cool actually, and DirecTV does not have this technology. Hopper has a terabyte hard drive that stores 2,000 hours of shows (if we ever hit this mark I'm throwing all of the TV's away):thumbsup: My biggest issue now will be learning all of the new channel numbers...

With their most expensive basic package (required for DIY network), we're still saving over $10 per month over DirecTV once the full price kicks in after 12 months. Until then we're saving almost $50 monthly over what we spend now. That's $600 in the next year. Sweet! I'm bummed it'll be an extra $11 for Universal Sports during ski season, but we can add and drop that at will without difficulty it seems during parts of the year.

Got $50 off immediately for going through a friend referral. Free HBO and other movie channels for 3 months. And we'll have to try the Blockbuster part to see if it's worth it. Perhaps we can drop Netflix depending on movie titles...

I'm anxiously excited. They come Monday. Wow that was fast! Just in time for camp coverage if they have it.

I can't wait to tell DirecTV that we're dropping them because Larry Scott told us we needed to. I don't care if it's the fault of the Pac or DirecTV at this point. We vowed to give DirecTV a year to get the Pac last August. Looks like they didn't do it, and are nowhere close to getting a deal done. We're upgrading equipment and services with DISH for less money. The ONLY thing missing is NFL Ticket. We're taking one for the team to help the rest of you DirecTV guys get the Pac Network on DirecTV.

In the meantime, we'll be watching all of the UW and CU football and basketball games on TV!!!!:dance4::dance3::rock3:

Now, time to go watch our DVR list over the next 24 hours...

**** DirecTV for carrying the BTN and not PAC!

Last edited:
This is so frustrating. Is comcast going to add the pac 12 network in chicago at least? Cablevision does not carry, no one has dish, cant subscribe online. Im soooo tired of streams.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks before I decide to dump DTV. Want to see if the rumored deal with AT&T U-vers is true.

If I go that route I'm going to miss NFL Sunday Ticket. :cry:

I got every football and basketball game on one of the streams online so its not a big deal to me. I gotta think eventually DTV and Pac 12 will come up with a deal.

For those of you who have comcast, at&t, or whomever for internet service, you can always run your laptop thru your HDTV and watch the game.

As a Colorado native there are 2 things that I cannot live without here in Dallas, CU sports, and Denver Professional Sports. First off lets tell the truth here the NFL is the gorilla in the room especially when the Broncos are 13-3 last season and the Buffs didn't show the ability to open a umbrella correctly. So the decision at this point in time is easy for me I am staying with DTV and hoping they loose the exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket in 14. I have however often considered the following, Buying a Slingbox and connecting it to my sisters TV back in CO and connecting it to my home network that includes my 65" HD TV. Then NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, and all the rest that cost me around 1K per year are forgotten. At $300 for the top of the line Slingbox I kick myself for not doing this the last time I was there

The reason this is bull**** is because they don't have that model themselves. If cable or satellite let me customize a package, only paying for the channels I really wanted, I'd get back in the game. It's all overpriced as is. Until then, I'm happy with streaming channels or the local pub. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to buy any service I wanted and change it up all the time.

But I do think the Pac-12 Network is gaming this a little. For example, there's the Pac-12 network, and then there's the regional versions. Only people who live within the region can get that particular broadcast. Why? Why not let me get every single region, and the network, and let me pick what I want to watch? The Pac-12 doesn't allow that.

As a Colorado native there are 2 things that I cannot live without here in Dallas, CU sports, and Denver Professional Sports. First off lets tell the truth here the NFL is the gorilla in the room especially when the Broncos are 13-3 last season and the Buffs didn't show the ability to open a umbrella correctly. So the decision at this point in time is easy for me I am staying with DTV and hoping they loose the exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket in 14. I have however often considered the following, Buying a Slingbox and connecting it to my sisters TV back in CO and connecting it to my home network that includes my 65" HD TV. Then NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, and all the rest that cost me around 1K per year are forgotten. At $300 for the top of the line Slingbox I kick myself for not doing this the last time I was there

Generally speaking, you can find every game (even the Pac 12 network games) online.

I got every football and basketball game on one of the streams online so its not a big deal to me. I gotta think eventually DTV and Pac 12 will come up with a deal.

That's what I did last year. I may have been a second or two behind on the live action, but if it was broadcast anywhere, I was able to stream it online.

My issue is that I love to record the games and watch them later..sometimes a couple times (but not the last few years for that, sadly). I have Dtv, and the wife loves it, but I don't get the Sunday Ticket anyway as with working more weekends than I don't, and working nights so sleeping during the day it didn't seem worth it.

So now what? Do I try to bail? Or can I stream during games? I think that is a great idea...I just have to find the streams.

Houston we have a problem. My son is a big Ranger fan and ic they don't have MLB extra innings. Ugh, he'd be pissed if I couldn't find a way for him to watch them if I switch, which I'm ready to do.

Who doesn't have MLB extra innings? Either way though, MLB isn't a problem at all. There are so many different ways to legally stream MLB to your TV if you don't want to watch it online in HD. You can use Playstation, XBox, ROKU, blue ray player, etc. See the link

Know I am the asshole who keeps saying this. But just remember those who are sticking with DTV thinking they will eventually get a deal done counting on others to do it. Wouldn't count on that first - but just as important IMO, getting a deal done with DTV literally puts millions of dollars into the CU AD pockets.

Well think I'm gonna go ahead then, thanks for the link. I could stream it to his IPad plus he has an Xbox. Waiting for the ps4 to get a new play station

But I do think the Pac-12 Network is gaming this a little. For example, there's the Pac-12 network, and then there's the regional versions. Only people who live within the region can get that particular broadcast. Why? Why not let me get every single region, and the network, and let me pick what I want to watch? The Pac-12 doesn't allow that.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the regional versions is because it was the recommendation of the cable companies that the originally partnered with the Pac 12 Network and may have been a requirement of the early carriage agreement that we signed with them By making the channel regional it allows you to do much more targeted local advertising which is much better for driving advertising revenue. You don't end up with ads for things like Nebraska farm products that a local company might want to run during a Nebraska game being viewed in Chicago like you would have on the Big Ten Network.

Not sure what you mean by this. This just allows them to customize the advertising and programming more easily. the pac12 original plan was that the providers would make available the entire package on a sports tier and the local one in basic plan. unfortunatley they all balked at putting all the regionals even in a sports package. But DISH at least broadcast every football and basketball game on alternate channels when there overflow games. The only problem was for things like volleyball we couldn't get some of the games without going on line.

Meanwhile, DirecTV is apparently adding DogTV next month...a channel designed for dogs to watch while their owners are away. Dogs are apparently more important to DirecTV than Pac12 sports fans.

Though apparently the channel is using the new a la carte pricing model that DirecTV seems interested in pushing and wants us to accept. Its apparently going to cost $4.99 a month for owners who want it for their pets.

Meanwhile, DirecTV is apparently adding DogTV next month...a channel designed for dogs to watch while their owners are away. Dogs are apparently more important to DirecTV than Pac12 sports fans.

Though apparently the channel is using the new a la carte pricing model that DirecTV seems interested in pushing and wants us to accept. Its apparently going to cost $4.99 a month for owners who want it for their pets.

I'd be willing to pay $4.99 a month for all of the Pac 12 channels.:nod::cry:

Larry Scott: No DirecTV for Pac12Network this year

Scott mentioned that Comcast was picking up P12N in the Midwest. I tried to find a go live date for that but came up empty...comcast didn't know when i called. Anyone know of a date?

Scott mentioned that Comcast was picking up P12N in the Midwest. I tried to find a go live date for that but came up empty...comcast didn't know when i called. Anyone know of a date?

Pretty sure they said August but didn't give a specific date.

I'm not switching from DTV because I'm not willing to give up Sunday Ticket. Sure I might miss 3 or 4 CU games but I'm willing to deal with that given the state of our program combined with the fact that I can likely find those games online either live or on a delayed basis.

The small number of subscribers who are willing to leave DTV because of no P12 Network is not nearly enough to sway DTV to bend. Scott needs to step up here if he really wants to make this conference a national conference as he claims.

That's some weak ass **** right there.

I'm battling customer service to get out of my cancelation fee right now. Yes, I signed a contract, but the bottom line is that I would never have chosen Direct TV, if their sales rep hadn't told me that they'd be getting Pac 12.

I just switched from Comcast bundles to DTV with Comcast Internet. I'm hoping that Comcast allows the games to be streamed on the xfinity app and that my comcast login unlocks the stream. Otherwise I'm going to the bar.

Comcast internet isn't going to give you access, you have to have a Comcast cable package.

I'm battling customer service to get out of my cancelation fee right now. Yes, I signed a contract, but the bottom line is that I would never have chosen Direct TV, if their sales rep hadn't told me that they'd be getting Pac 12.

let us know how this goes. And then punch yourself in the face for believing a salesman.

Back