What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All upcoming practices closed

He addressed this after practice with the media. He said that they were just following the lead of the blogs and threads with detailed practice information.

They will no longer be allowed to do that. So no, you won't be reading any detailed practice reports from Adam, Ringo or anyone.

Bottom line. We are now doing what almost EVERYONE else does. Close practices. Its todays CFB climate. I don't care if we don't think our posts make a difference. Don't care if its just a smoke screen. Whatever..... there are worse things.

Am 100% someone will post a detailed account of Sat's scrimmage...so we will just have the spring games going forward. Oh well.
hmmm. well we will see. As long as its uniform, I am somewhat mollified. I don't get why they didn't see this coming and just close early. Maybe they were trying to appease the fans? Oh well, times are a changing...

but ya, blaming it on the fans is ****ed up and that still pisses me off. Stupid way to do this.

I'm sure there's an issue with a dearth of online information, analysis, and conjecture that it can fuel interpersonal cleavages with the coaches and players. Considering the nature of spring practice is to try new things and set a base for competition going into the fall and that the last few transfers have something akin to coach doesn't understand or appreciate me, second guessing might hurt the team in the future.

Counter argument: We talkin' about practice.

In a lot of respects Hawkins is a pretty refreshing figure as a head coach but his paranoia with information flow and the internet is irksome and is causing some venting in the wrong direction. Hopefully a good season can finally loosen him up again.

However, OU, OSU, etc. shut down all their practices. OU wouldn't even let people into scrimmages (other than the spring game) this year. Of course, OU played in the BCS title game this year....

That's fine - have a coherent policy and follow it.

12 pages of whining...way to go allbuffers :thumbsup:

Bottom line is Coach Hawk is the boss and he can do whatever he damn well pleases as long as they get those 10 wins he's talking about

But herky-jerky policy doesn't sound like someone with a coherent policy.

Another funny aspect is that they will probably publish spring game video like they did last year. Are they going to kick themselves out of practices after that?

After 24 hours to mull over this I think I'm on board with the majority.

What crime is really being committed? Over zealousness :confused: on the part of Buff fans?? Isn't that what the U wants??

You guys are right and so is Pete Carroll if he does have open practices in the spring.

Matt dumps tons of time and dough into this site for one reason.
We all support it to various levels for one reason.

To support the Buff program.

Then to single out internet sites as a pariah to the program and banish the public from practices is indeed poor judgment on the part of the school and all involved in the decision to do so.

I hope the motive behind this wasn't driven by criticism of the teams #1 QB

Not getting practice "reports" is not the end of the world but you guys are spot on in principle. This is no way to reward fan loyalty and those that are occasional critics but always staunch Buff supporters online

Back