What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs Season Prediction Thread (Prepare to be mocked later)

Bowl Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Predicting a bowl win if you predicted 8-5 or 9-4 is pretty bold, as we'd probably be matched up against a fairly respectable team. OTOH, predicting a bowl win with a 7-6 or 6-7 season isn't all that bold. As nik pointed out, a 7-6 Pac-12 South team is probably going to curb stomp a 7-5 team from the MAC or Sun Belt.

A consideration.
I don't think we will win enough games to get a bowl but if we do win say 7 games or even 8 we will still be down in the standings of a stacked PAC12.

The lower end bowl options are as follow
PAC12 #5 Sun Bowl vs. ACC #4
PAC12 #6 Las Vegas vs MWC #1 (or #2 if an MWC team qualifies for playoff or one of the top tier bowls)
PAC12 #7 Cactus vs. Big 12 #5

If the Buffs are good enough be the #5 team from the PAC they should be better than the ACC #4
Likewise if they are the #7 PAC team there aren't 5 teams in the Big 12 that should match up.
The #6 against the MWC #1 could be dicey because you will be looking a team that may not have PAC 12 depth of talent but a team that has won a lot of games and that feels like they have something to probe having not been invited to a Marque bowl game.

Based on this if you are picking the Buffs to win 7 then odds are you should pick them to win 8 because a bowl win is fairly likely. With M2 I don't see the Buffs just being happy to be there, I think he will have them focused on winning.

The other option is that the PAC has more than 7 teams qualified for a bowl and the Buffs are at the bottom. If that happens there is the possibility of a bottom end bowl who's agreed participant didn't qualify. In that case the Buffs likely get a game someplace lousy like Detroit against a MAC team or Sun Belt team that they should pound.

Last edited:
i'm sticking with 8-5. we don't know who we are playing in this hypothetical bowl game for the first time in 10 years or so (aka ****tiest era of Buff football in history).

The other option is that the PAC has more than 7 teams qualified for a bowl and the Buffs are at the bottom. If that happens there is the possibility of a bottom end bowl who's agreed participant didn't qualify. In that case the Buffs likely get a game someplace lousy like Detroit against a MAC team or Sun Belt team that they should pound.
This, I think, is the most likely option for the Buffs to get to a bowl this year; they'll squeak into a random bowl against a mediocre team.

Season record 9-4
Best chance for upset: Arizona State
Best offensive player: Nembot
Best defensive player: McCartney
Breakout player: George Frazier (if he can stay ahead of the legal system)
Disappointing player: KO
Bold predictions: Buffs have to hope for a loss by AZ State to win South Title

I say 9-5 and all other thoughts have been covered about the players.

My bold prediction though is that Crawley wins the Thorpe award.

We only won 8 or more games three times under Barnett in a much weaker division yet this is the team that will win 8+? I hope you guys are right cause if that happens this ****er is going to take off.

Season record: 7-6 with a bowl game
Best chance for an upset: Arizona
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Nelson Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Kenneth Crawley
Breakout player: Bryce Bobo
Most disappointing player: All Kickers (not that this is bold at all)
Bold prediction: Defense improves to be in the upper half of the conference

Season record: I've got half a mind to say 3-10 because I believe we're cursed, but I'll say 7-6 because I'm a sucker for this coaching staff and players.
Best chance for an upset: Utah
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Nelson Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Kenneth Crawley
Breakout player: Sefo Liufau
Most disappointing player: No thanks
Bold prediction: Diego and Graham combo works out okay.

Season record: 7-6
Best chance for an upset: Arizona
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Addison Gillam
Breakout player: Derek McCartney
Most disappointing player: None
Bold prediction: Buffs don't just win the RMS. They dominate the sheep.

I predict 8 wins including a bowl win. But I suck at predicting stuff. So, 8-6.
Best chance for an upset: Stanford
Best Offensive player: Spruce
Best Defensive player: Gillam
Breakout Player: Donovan Lee
Disappointing player: Topou
Bold Prediction: CU, at some point, will be an "other team receiving votes"

I almost feel like I should predict 2-11 in order to invoke the "Reverse Jinx." I use the "RJ" often.

Last edited:
Season record: 7-7 (we get exempted into a bowl and win)
Best chance for an upset: AZ
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Sefo
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Gillam
Breakout player: Awini
Most disappointing player: Diego
Bold prediction: Attendance soars after we start 4-0 and play Oregon tough.

Season record: 6-7
Best chance for an upset: Stanford
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Stephane Nembot
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Crawley
Breakout player: Safety
Most disappointing player: Powell
Bold prediction: Oregon has to come from behind to beat us in the final minutes

5-8
Best chance for upset: Stanford
Best offensive player: Spruce
Best defensive player: Crawley
Breakout player: Falo
Disappointing player: Sefo
Bold prediction: After we start a disappointing 3-7, Mac is fired mid-season and Leavitt takes over. We finish the season on a high note with wins over WSU and Utah.

Predicting a bowl win if you predicted 8-5 or 9-4 is pretty bold, as we'd probably be matched up against a fairly respectable team. OTOH, predicting a bowl win with a 7-6 or 6-7 season isn't all that bold. As nik pointed out, a 7-6 Pac-12 South team is probably going to curb stomp a 7-5 team from the MAC or Sun Belt.
For some reason I can't stop laughing. This is so true.

Season record: 7-7
Best chance for an upset: Oregon (oh, it's happening!)
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): KC
Breakout player: Dylan Keeney (please, please, please)
Most disappointing player: Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: Burrito makes a fortune selling "This is my second bowl today!" t-shirts at our bowl game. He quickly squanders it on post game munchies.

I don't know, I think I'm going to wait until the new guy throws out some personal attacks.
He's not taking Tini's lazy bait, so that speaks well of him. I'm trying to figure out who Tini reminds me of today. I'm picturing a group of bad guys, and it's not the main bad guy that really is trouble, it's the second or third bad guy to the left who ends up getting shot off his horse.

Season record 5-8
Best chance for upset: Colorado State
Best offensive player: Spruce
Best defensive player: Gillam
Breakout player: Kinney
Disappointing player: Gehrke
Bold predictions: we go 3-1 OOC but win 2 conference games

Back