What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alliance between Pac-12 and Big 12?

Jesus, guys. How about we actually beat USC a time or two before we go around calling them our rival. It makes our fan base look desperate to say **** like that.

Plus we already have a hated rival in Nebraska. I don’t know how you guys felt, but when Viska came down with that ball for the game winning score last year, it was the best feeling I’ve had as a Buff fan in quite awhile. To top it off, we got to hear their coaches and fans crying about being too rough with them and how we’re “cheaters”. Now they’re coming to Boulder this year and the game is already shaping up to be even chippier.

I’ll take that at least every other year over some pretend rival who we are 0-13 against.

Preach!

Good points

Also wonder if it gives both conferences a better argument for not being left out of the playoff which has happened to each in recent years.

Oklahoma has made the CFP twice in a row-they don't have anywhere near the problem with it that we do.

Oklahoma has made the CFP twice in a row-they don't have anywhere near the problem with it that we do.

No, and as long as they keep having a top dog like Oklahoma that is highly ranked they won't have a problem. They have though been left out in the past when they believed they should have had a team in. 2016 11-2 Oklahoma stayed home. They went 1-2 including a loss to eventual playoff team Ohio State then won 10 in a row.

They have been a better conference than the PAC but with the SEC always pushing to get two teams. Clemson getting a cakewalk in the ACC and the Big 10 pushing for spots the Big 12 could see a deserving team left out.

reading this thread, I was recollecting back to the last time the XII looked at expansion and how CSU and AFA were both part of the final cut before the plug was pulled on that.

I wonder if continuing to improve relationships with both schools is a smart idea -- if the XII did expand in the future to include either, the relationship would become incredibly more valuable, especially in context of the long lead times we see in P5 football w/r/t scheduling P5 OOC opponents.

The only way I see CSU in any power 5 league is if the Big 12 made some sort of huge move that involved at least four schools. I don't see them in our league for a few reasons. One, they don't give us as a league anything we don't already have now. Two, they're not an academic fit right now. I think they're on par with WSU and OSU in that regard, and those two are in this league because their big brothers are. Three, I honestly think CU has the leverage to keep CSU out of this league and would use it if the situation came up. We were the only major research university with academics that were on par with academic elites of this league in this part of the country when we changed conferences-I saw a few things back then coming out of the Bay Area schools and UCLA in particular that said we don't support any expansion that doesn't include Colorado.

As far as Air Force, I think they make more sense in our league than in the Big 12. They're a bit more of a brand as a service academy than the other MWC/Texas schools who come up every time we talk about this. They're a lot more of a regional fit for us-an hour and a half from us (we play them every year in men's basketball FWIW), and they've got a history with Utah and UNLV (who I think joins the Pac 12 at some point after the Vegas stadium gets done). We all know how this league has operated in twos-especially when it comes to basketball scheduling-adding AFA and UNLV make logical sense from that standpoint. You split us and Utah up as "rivals" (if that term is even relevant in our case) and give us each somebody with which we have more history.

His approach worked during the big eight days and in a very specific situation. I don’t believe that makes it a universally appropriate approach to team building .

Coach Tucker is being smooth about using USC as our division target/rival without calling it a rival now or for maybe a few years. He said, “We need to recruit kids that CAN help us beat USC.” That is a quiet way to give USC respect and feed into their douchebag dominant cocky attitude, right up until we start beating then and then it can and will become a rivalry.

We are all talking crap about we want to play Nebraska, F them, we won last year... but, they still dominate the series, their fans suck, and playing them has no strategic advantages to recruiting or other factors.

I would only be good with a play them home and away every 4 years, and as long as we have a solid schedule of Texas games.

**** the Big 12. I want absolutely nothing to do with any of them. If our coaches just take care of business and win on a consistent basis, we will not need to schedule those mouth-breathing, ****ed up dick heads in Texas. Same for the Oklahoma schools.

Same for Cornholio and CSU. Neither of those games do as much for us as it does for the other school.

This.

And The B12 is out of view, in my rear view mirror. They need us far worse than we need them, Butthuskers included.

Coach Tucker is being smooth about using USC as our division target/rival without calling it a rival now or for maybe a few years. He said, “We need to recruit kids that CAN help us beat USC.” That is a quiet way to give USC respect and feed into their douchebag dominant cocky attitude, right up until we start beating then and then it can and will become a rivalry.

We are all talking crap about we want to play Nebraska, F them, we won last year... but, they still dominate the series, their fans suck, and playing them has no strategic advantages to recruiting or other factors.

I would only be good with a play them home and away every 4 years, and as long as we have a solid schedule of Texas games.

Huh? You don't think playing the Nubs at 1:30pm on ABC was an advantage in recruiting?

Huh? You don't think playing the Nubs at 1:30pm on ABC was an advantage in recruiting?

No, I do not think it helped that much! Not as much as beating a Texas A&M or someone like that. Nobody likes or respects Nebraska throughout the rest of the country, and they obviously do not respect us. There is and has not been a single recruit of importance from Nebraska or Iowa in forever, and thus while it WAS a big deal back in the day, it is not today. A Texas kid is not going to choose Colorado over other schools because we beat Nebraska and nobody remembers the matchup like we all do. I agree that the stadium ticket sales will be amazing for the Husker game, and I was so freaking happy at last years game watching the Red lose their first game under Frosty!!! But man it would be nice to get a Miami or a Georgia into town, or obviously bring our old friends from Austin, TX into town, that would be damn good for recruiting if we can be competitive.

No, I do not think it helped that much! Not as much as beating a Texas A&M or someone like that. Nobody likes or respects Nebraska throughout the rest of the country, and they obviously do not respect us. There is and has not been a single recruit of importance from Nebraska or Iowa in forever, and thus while it WAS a big deal back in the day, it is not today. A Texas kid is not going to choose Colorado over other schools because we beat Nebraska and nobody remembers the matchup like we all do. I agree that the stadium ticket sales will be amazing for the Husker game, and I was so freaking happy at last years game watching the Red lose their first game under Frosty!!! But man it would be nice to get a Miami or a Georgia into town, or obviously bring our old friends from Austin, TX into town, that would be damn good for recruiting if we can be competitive.

Nationally televised games (Especially if they're on ESPN or FOX and not P12N and not in the P12 after dark window like that one was) are big for this program and any OOC win like that is big for the conference-doesn't matter who the opponent is.

Back