What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

An incredible display of Douchebaggery by PSU students

i was referring to people that would actually stop this behavior while it is happening... as u can see, there were a few hundred kids and not ONE stopped it.

Unfortunately, a lot of students are too immature to do something like that. I know when I was in college I wouldn't have been throwing anything, but I doubt I would have stepped in or said anything to stop it. I'd try to stop it today, though.

Oranges used to be a Big 8 traditon. I remember before the '89 CU/Nu game there were no Oranges to be found in the local grocery stores. I agree they can be dangerous, but man I have a lot of memories about Oranges with CU, OU, and NU.

This kind of what I'm getting at, oranges=okay marshmallows=bad I understand the meaning of the oranges, but a half pound orange is a helluva lot more dangerous than some marshmallow that can barely be thrown more than 20 yards.

This kind of what I'm getting at, oranges=okay marshmallows=bad I understand the meaning of the oranges, but a half pound orange is a helluva lot more dangerous than some marshmallow that can barely be thrown more than 20 yards.

Unless of course you stuff the marshmallows in nails, then thats a different story:smile2:

And that is the real tragedy of the situation. What kind of asshole throws away beer?:sad2:

Not only that but in the video I didn't see one grandma pushed down a flight of stairs. Those pussies at Penn State are amatures!...:smile2:

Seriously, this kinda stuff takes all the fun out of CFB for me. I agree with Pez, visiting fans should expect some level of good natured razzing but there needs to be respect as well.

all good points

Bottom line - this **** is inexcusable and I hope these a-holes are called out.

But it is always good to avoid the fraternities in general even if you are looking for another party. At FSU walking away from the game I had a lot of yelled at me by just passing by some of the houses. Luckily they weren't throwing crap.

Regardless, you tend to get that "I'm tough when there are a lot of my brothers around" mentality that leads to stupid **** like this. I hated that mentality, and a group of us actually made one of our brothers back up his **** once for doing something stupid - he learned his lesson.

Curious that you left of Orange chucking. I actually have more of a problem with throwing oranges than marshmallows.

There are ****ty fans in every fan base and 9/10 times it's the students acting up.

Oh, I remember the infamous orange chuckings at the CU vs NU tie game in the 5 degree weather in '91. But my memories of that night were more of trying to stay warm in that blasted cold.

I was actually a fan of the marshmallow fights at halftime. It was pretty much harmless and it kept the students in the stadium at halftime, rather than leaving to go get more booze. I thought it was hilarious to look over at the student section and see streams of white orbs going in every direction.

I was actually a fan of the marshmallow fights at halftime. It was pretty much harmless and it kept the students in the stadium at halftime, rather than leaving to go get more booze. I thought it was hilarious to look over at the student section and see streams of white orbs going in every direction.

That goes back to the days of cup fights. Harmless frivolity in the student section. We used to throw cups at each other all the time. It was usually at a point in the game that was particularly boring or at halftime. They don't to cup fights anymore, either.

That goes back to the days of cup fights. Harmless frivolity in the student section. We used to throw cups at each other all the time. It was usually at a point in the game that was particularly boring or at halftime. They don't to cup fights anymore, either.

The cup fights were a blast. It was also fun to watch from afar...especially when inevitably that one cup with the mystery liquid was tossed up high in the air.

I remember the "Where the Buffalo Roam" strip that depicted it. Pretty funny.

I absolutely agree. It always astonishes me when Fusker fans cite the old marshmallow war as a reason that CU fans are supposed to be so horrible.

"BUT I HAD MARSHMALLOWS THROWN AT ME!"

"Really now, are you that big of a pussy? Care to complain about the wadded up tissue paper some Jayhawks fans threw at you, or would you rather whine about the bag of feathers that hit your wife when you were in Columbia?"

Unfortunately, a lot of students are too immature to do something like that. I know when I was in college I wouldn't have been throwing anything, but I doubt I would have stepped in or said anything to stop it. I'd try to stop it today, though.

I agree with you that age has a lot to do with it. That is why I push my kids hard to stop bullies (at their age) now so that hopefully they have the right mindset and courage to stop assholes when they are in high school/college. I was in the Army before college and was older than most students, so I can't really say for sure what I would have done in that situation with peers of the same age.

know what the difference is between the PSU fans and the OSU fans are?

PSU fans are from Pennsylvania and OSU fans are from Ohio. That's it. Hardly enough of a crime to deserve this kind of treatment.

know what the difference is between the PSU fans and the OSU fans are?

PSU fans are from Pennsylvania and OSU fans are from Ohio. That's it. Hardly enough of a crime to deserve this kind of treatment.

You're forgetting that OSU's fans are paid to become Buckeyes, whereas Penn State fans aren't.

Wait... my mistake, that's what happens with the PLAYERS, not the fans. Seriously, my bad.

Meh. Ohio State folks were retards for walking there. When will people understand that you don't walk into a student-filled area wearing the wrong team's colors?

amen

most of the problems i've ever heard of stemmed from some loudmouth who was acting obnoxious around some already rowdy fans.

and these guys wandered into a frat party. a frat party. come on what did you expect to happen?????

if you kick a dog you can't complain when you get bit.

Also in 1994 when Salaam got 2,000, studens tore down the goalposts and marched it up to the top and nearly threw it over. And then the last time NU was here when the whole student section had to be removed for throwing **** on teh field.

Disgusting!

wait a god damned minute. i am as unimpressed as you are at what happened. however it is rather dramatic saying the WHOLE student section had to be removed.

a small chunk of it was moved or otherwise kicked out. not a great day for our students, true, but not at all like you were painting it, either.

they went onto private party through a gate and it was all PS frat guys. Not a scene I would have gone into. That being said, I can't handle when people are jumped, at least it wasn't physical. Me and 3 friends got jumped at the wrong party once and it didn't end this nice. That can be some scary ****. That is dangerous on both sides. Tell me you don't wanna sock that kid.

Cup fights use to kick ASS!!!

No one ever got hurt and it was all in good fun.

Bye bye college!

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/centre/article263048.ece

Student, fraternity charged in PSU incident
BY DANIEL VICTOR / Of The Patriot-News, 11/01/07 4:30 PM EDT
UPDATED: 11/01/07 7:18 PM EDT
Adjust Font size: Abc Abc
COMMENTS
Comment Icon Add a comment
SITE TOOLS
E-mail this story
Print this story
Newsletters
SHARE THIS STORY
Reddit
Digg
del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo!

The 20-year-old who was filmed throwing beer cans at visiting Ohio State fans at a Penn State fraternity party last weekend was charged with disorderly conduct and harassment, State College police said.

Richard Eisenberger Jr. of Easton was visiting the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house and is a student at the University of Pittsburgh, police said. In an amateur video widely circulated on YouTube and through several blogs and message boards, Eisenberger was seen throwing a beer can from a short distance at a 21-year-old man in an Ohio State jersey.

The man reported a minor bruise on his neck but did not require medical treatment, police said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Story Continues Below

The Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, 417 E. Prospect Ave., was also charged with disorderly conduct as host of the party. The chapter has been temporarily suspended by its national organization. Fraternities that are charged with crimes face possible fines and community service requirements.

The video prompted widespread denunciations from Penn State fans and officials and attracted criticism from across the Internet.

Wow - the fact that the OSU "victims" were also Pikes just shows serious assholishness by the PSU Pikes. Usually, fraternity/sorority relationships would cross university boundries - at least at CU they did, IMO.

Not only that, it appears that the video was shot by the frat VP! I don't know about Penn State, but that would probably spell big trouble for the frat in Boulder.

Not only that, it appears that the video was shot by the frat VP! I don't know about Penn State, but that would probably spell big trouble for the frat in Boulder.

Oh, it'd take a lot less than something like this to get a frat booted off campus in Boulder.

Phi Delt got kicked out of CU back in 2002 when one of their freshmen pledge/sober driver guys got in a rollover accident while driving some older Phi Delts around Boulder. Despite the fact that the driver was completely sober, CU saw fit to get rid of the fraternity because the PASSENGERS weren't sober, and weren't 21. Think about that, kicking a frat off campus because members of said frat were drunk, not about to die drunk, just plain drunk... seems to me that's a little like kicking a scholarship student out of college for reading a book.

I never cared much for the frat scene when I was in school, but I definitely believe frats have been treated far worse in Boulder than they've deserved to be for the past decade or so.

Wow - the fact that the OSU "victims" were also Pikes just shows serious assholishness by the PSU Pikes. Usually, fraternity/sorority relationships would cross university boundries - at least at CU they did, IMO.

Says in the article that the OSU guys were at a party at the same house the night before....which TOTALLY changes my opinion on this whole matter. I bet my bottom dollar that this happened:

OSU Pike - "Man, were going to come back and visit you all again tomorrow morning before the Bucks go out and lay one on your Ass"

PSU Pike - "Great! But if you come in here wearing your gay ass red jersey's...better be ready to get punked"

OSU Pike - "Yeah right dude. Whatever, we'll see"

Roll forward to tomorrow morning

Punking ensues.

I betcha he was warned.

EDIT: But I still thing the guy from Pitt is a Bitch:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back