What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre Roberson rookie season thread

Re: Dre

when he posted that the Jazz were -16 with Burks on the floor, he'd had 4 lazy Dreb's and 2 TO's

Thanks. I knew I was going to get killed for that comment when I checked the box score later. I like to think I lit a fire under his ass.

He really did look bad for the first 2.5 quarters. Bad defense, missed shots, turnovers....

So this is this first non playoff and non nuggets NBA game I have watched in a very long time. I also screamed like a girl ( and clapped my hands) when they showed dre. I kept thinking how awesome it would be if Burks got super hot on the floor and they had to put dre in the game to shut him down.

Hopefully Burks keeps up the pace and gets a max deal.

Dre

So what happened?

He hit 2 free throws tool bring it with in 1. KD hit two free throws to go up by 3 with 00:09 left. Burks hit a jumper to bring it with in one KD hit the next 2 FT, and Heyward missed the 3 at the buzzer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hit 2 free throws tool bring it with in 1. KD hit two free throws to go up by 3 with 00:09 left. Burks hit a jumper to bring it with in one KD hit the next 2 FT, and Heyward missed the 3 at the buzzer

He actually had an uncontested dunk not a jumper at the end there. He still scores most of his points around the basket.

On a side note... Do his shoulders look huge?

24-6-6, and he didn't even score until the middle of the 2nd quarter.

He basically didn't score until the end of the 3rd. What did he have 6 points until late into the 3rd. He seems to be at his best when attacking and not really playing within the offense. I could see him leave at the end if the year.

Yeah, he's still here. Yes, for some reason he hates to play Burks.

I have no idea why Burks isn't a starter. I get the feeling the Jazz want to build around Hayward rather than Burks.

Yeah, he's still here. Yes, for some reason he hates to play Burks.

I have no idea why Burks isn't a starter. I get the feeling the Jazz want to build around Hayward rather than Burks.

Alec's in the last year of his rookie contract, right?

He's going to play his way into a much better situation.

I think burks has finally caught up to the NBA. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the year where he starts to show he was worth that lottery status.

[video=youtube;vTyOTvYqzHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vTyOTvYqzHw[/video]

Copeland hasn't played a minute in 2 games so far

Hopefully Burks keeps up the pace and gets a max deal.

Whoa. I'd be happy if he earned a starting position in Utah, or elsewhere.

Once Burke comes back, I think Utah should go with a Burke/Burks/Heyward/Favors/Kanter starting lineup. They're not going to win a ton of games anyways; might as well start the young players and try to develop their games as the season goes on. Starting Richard Jefferson makes no sense for that team.

Once Burke comes back, I think Utah should go with a Burke/Burks/Heyward/Favors/Kanter starting lineup. They're not going to win a ton of games anyways; might as well start the young players and try to develop their games as the season goes on. Starting Richard Jefferson makes no sense for that team.

Or any team in the NBA.

Quit pissing on my unrealistic expectations

Dre got his first points last night. also 2 rebounds in 1:30 (nice!) but also two turnovers in the same time (not so nice...)

Dre got his first points last night. also 2 rebounds in 1:30 (nice!) but also two turnovers in the same time (not so nice...)

I caught his bucket as I turned my TV on last night. It was a slick move with a strong finish in the middle. One of his rebounds was a classic Dre's ball board too. All in garbage time with OKC up 20 at the end though.

Ouch, sux for Dre, but when you are the number 1 rebounding team in the league his talents aren't as key. Who did they sign to replace him?

D-League is where most posters thought he would end up anyway. Probably good for Dre right now. He will get more playing time and acclimate to the NBA talent he will be playing against.

D-League is not Siberia. Many teams move players back and forth (Blazers did this a lot last year) to try and hone skills and get real PT. I don't see this as a negative.

Back