What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Annual Offseason Thread -- What sports should CU add?

Is NASCAR a collegiate sport?

Seriously: men's soccer. Swimming and Triathlon on the women's side. I like the idea of a swim center in a Balch rebuild as long as we're getting ahead of ourselves. Carlson has a pool suitable for training, but not for meets.

Why isn't triathlon a men's sport?

Seriously: men's soccer. Swimming and Triathlon on the women's side. I like the idea of a swim center in a Balch rebuild as long as we're getting ahead of ourselves. Carlson has a pool suitable for training, but not for meets.

The vote was just in December 2014 to make women's a varsity sport (10 year trial period to prove participation levels). I'd love to see Men's triathlon added, too. It's a growing sport and CU would definitely be in line to win national titles. It fits so well with Boulder/Colorado culture.

On that note, I'd love to see Men's and Women's NCAA Cycling. Another sport that's a great fit for CU that the Buffs would dominate.

The vote was just in December 2014 to make women's a varsity sport (10 year trial period to prove participation levels). I'd love to see Men's triathlon added, too. It's a growing sport and CU would definitely be in line to win national titles. It fits so well with Boulder/Colorado culture.

On that note, I'd love to see Men's and Women's NCAA Cycling. Another sport that's a great fit for CU that the Buffs would dominate.

cycling recruiting pitch: "come to CU -- where you'll get a world class education and training routes to prepare you for the Tour de France"

I wouldn't say Carlson is suitable for training. I think it only has 4 lanes and is gross. You would not be able to recruit if you said that was your training pool.

Balch Velodrome?

I was thinking more of the front range mountains, but sure. I see bikers going up Coal Creek Canyon or Boulder Canyon every week and my quads scream for O2 just watching them.

I was thinking more of the front range mountains, but sure. I see bikers going up Coal Creek Canyon or Boulder Canyon every week and my quads scream for O2 just watching them.

Cycling is a fantastic addition in all its various competitive variations:
- road bike / time trial
- mountain bike
- bmx
- track
- cyclocross

CU is already a cycling Mecca. Pac12 loves Olympic success. CU isn't going to overtake California in swimming, rowing, gymnastics. Cycling is right there with XC and Skiing as a portfolio of Olympic sports where national championships could be minted at CU

I wouldn't say Carlson is suitable for training. I think it only has 4 lanes and is gross. You would not be able to recruit if you said that was your training pool.

This. It's gross. I think it was built in the 30's.

I'm saddened that the renovations to Carlson won't include an aquatics center. That's actually a really good idea.

Baseball, softball and sand volleyball.

Since those most likely won't happen, cycling and triathalon.

Baseball, softball, swimming for both men and women, Men's LAX, gymnastics

I am with the group that argues that we are the only Pac school without baseball and softball. Need to get these sports added next.

Back