What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any Buffs in the AAF?

Do you think the NFL will look to this league as a developmental league?
I think they will. I was watching part of the Sunday games and Justin Tuck was interviewed. He wasn't on board at first but after he learned more about it he was intrigued and started to get involved. I think that's a good indication that there will be some support. He also mentioned it's a great idea for guys who are overlooked to get a second chance. I tend to agree.

I was looking up the rules differences and one site said AAF is better than no football at this time of the year. Also I read up to 60% less commercials than NFL. That alone has me interested.
It was nice to watch some football in the offseason. It was also much more entertaining to watch as the game flow was good. The did picture-in-picture for commercials so you still felt connected to the game. I wish the NFL and college would use the same format.

The players being mic'd up was quite fun and brought a nice experience as well.

That was my take as well. The OLs I watched on Sunday in the Memphis-Bimingham game were not great.
OL play is at an all time low thanks to the lack of practice time and contact at the NFL level, along with the lack of development in college. It's amplified even more with professionals who couldn't make an NFL roster.

OL play is at an all time low thanks to the lack of practice time and contact at the NFL level, along with the lack of development in college. It's amplified even more with professionals who couldn't make an NFL roster.

... who could, however, very much profit from 3 months of practice and 10 games in a professional environment with professional coaches, who for the most part have high level college or NFL experience in roles with a certain responsibility.

... who could, however, very much profit from 3 months of practice and 10 games in a professional environment with professional coaches, who for the most part have high level college or NFL experience in roles with a certain responsibility.

I think OL play is worse here than it is in the NFL because there are stricter rules on how many you can bring when you blitz in the AAF than the NFL (I think 5). Seen a couple of these games (AZ-SL and SD-SA) and I was impressed with the product overall. I'll keep watching. Having characters like Spurrier (duh) and Neuheisel (I know this fanbase has mixed feelings about him given the way he left, but I met him a couple of times during his time here, and he was always really nice to me......and him bouncing to LMFAO is one of the funniest things I've seen) involved in this helps a lot.

helluva game in San Antonio for Orlando. Came back from 2 12 point deficits and Gilbert threw for over 300 yds. Fun game all around, big plays from both teams. They need more games like this one.

Are you color blind?

Also the AAF does not have home/away uniforms. One uniform set per team.
Yes I am. The worst game ever to watch was the fricking color rush game between the Bills and Jets. That was a nightmare. Both teams had white helmets too. There is a good reason why you need contrasting colors on uniforms, two light or two dark colors can be hard to tell apart in fast action. Jeebus, even high schools can afford road whites.

Yes I am. The worst game ever to watch was the fricking color rush game between the Bills and Jets. That was a nightmare. Both teams had white helmets too. There is a good reason why you need contrasting colors on uniforms, two light or two dark colors can be hard to tell apart in fast action. Jeebus, even high schools can afford road whites.
I don't think it is about affording. I think it is about establishing brands at the moment.

Are you color blind?

Also the AAF does not have home/away uniforms. One uniform set per team.
i never was before, now I wonder. Clearly there are differences, but those colors are way too close (in that clip at least). I don't blame the QB for throwing that to the wrong guy.

yeah, the 1 jersey thing is a little bit bootleg, but yeah, pretty sure it is a branding thing, but when/if they expand it may prove to be problimatic. I'd like to see Orlando rock an all orange jersey. It would be pretty Bronco-esque.

helluva game in San Antonio for Orlando. Came back from 2 12 point deficits and Gilbert threw for over 300 yds. Fun game all around, big plays from both teams. They need more games like this one.

Heard about that. Anybody watch Arizona-Memphis? Arizona looks like the most complete team in this thing to me-but they got outplayed for most of that one.

I watched most of that game. Memphis looked good for most of the game but blew opportunities and settled for field goals. AZ hung around and finally got hot in the 4th. I'm looking forward to the Orlando-AZ game in a few weeks.

Back