What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any chance CU will move the date of the Spring Game?

This why cu fans get a bad rap, we can't make the spring game because of the NFL draft. I have to wash my hair. I have to find the meaning of lutefish....etc...

The draft you will be able to see at nauseum and know where every single person went. Take your laptop but go to the spring game.

I'm hoping for 20k but i'm thinking it will be less than last year.

What's wrong with you guys? I live in Arizona, but I'm having a big Broncos NFL Draft party! I'm even renting a special water heater so we can make it a pool party! I'm thinking about getting a local band, maybe the Gin Blossoms need some work. We're gonna have Bronco-shaped hamburgers and Coors beer and you are all invited! This is the most exciting football event, 2nd only to the Super Bowl, maybe the conference championship games, divisional playoff games, regular season games, any college game (on any level), most high school games, a few junior high school games, and maybe some video games. Get on the bandwagon!

This is the most exciting football event, 2nd only to the Super Bowl, maybe the conference championship games, divisional playoff games, regular season games, any college game (on any level), most high school games, a few junior high school games, and maybe some video games. Get on the bandwagon!

Of course, the Super Bowl, conference championship games, divisional playoff games, regular season games, college games, high school games, and junior high games are not happening that weekend. They're completely irrelevant to the discussion.

The draft is the only televised football that occurs between early February and August. Roll your eyes all you want, but a lot of people get really excited about the draft. Not just NFL fans either, it's a huge draw for your hybrid college/pro football fan, as it's the only football event of the year that combines both leagues.

Of course, the Super Bowl, conference championship games, divisional playoff games, regular season games, college games, high school games, and junior high games are not happening that weekend. They're completely irrelevant to the discussion.

The draft is the only televised football that occurs between early February and August. Roll your eyes all you want, but a lot of people get really excited about the draft. Not just NFL fans either, it's a huge draw for your hybrid college/pro football fan, as it's the only football event of the year that combines both leagues.

:wow: Come on :wow:, Buffs fans wouldn't rather see the draft :wow: than the spring game :wow:. You're talking about Broncos fans - some crossover, but not necessarily so. :wow: Here are the results for last year's draft, which did okay, but finished below WWE and just ahead of Spongebob Squarepants. Having the tv on is one thing, planning your life around it quite another. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/04/2...-house-lead-nielsen-weekly-cable-viewing/3550

:wow: Come on :wow:, Buffs fans wouldn't rather see the draft :wow: than the spring game :wow:. You're talking about Broncos fans - some crossover, but not necessarily so. :wow: Here are the results for last year's draft, which did okay, but finished below WWE and just ahead of Spongebob Squarepants. Having the tv on is one thing, planning your life around it quite another. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/04/2...-house-lead-nielsen-weekly-cable-viewing/3550

Yeah, I saw that myself a little bit ago. 5.5 million viewers (combining ESPN's and NFLN's viewership) isn't half bad. I'm also astounded with the continued popularity of the WWE... I thought my brother and my estranged asian friend Kevin were the only guys left that watched that stuff.

Regardless, obviously the draft isn't going to dissuade the hardcore Buff crowd from attending the game, but there are a lot of halfhearted football fans in Colorado that might choose to stay home and watch TV that day (particularly if the spring game gets picked up by one of the sports networks) instead of making the trip. Were the game held on another day, a few of them might choose to head to Boulder instead.

The point I've been trying to make here is that it seems foolish to schedule an overlap with the NFL Draft unless that was the only weekend that was doable from a scheduling standpoint. If that was indeed the case then fine, but if it wasn't it just seems kind of dumb to me. That's all.

It's always something. Last year the 4/20 smokefest conflicted with the Spring Game.

Maybe a glaucoma screening booth, a free cheetos promotion, tie-dye and a laser show could help pack the Folsom Bowl with the bong crowd while the no fun league draftniks do their thing.

Regardless, obviously the draft isn't going to dissuade the hardcore Buff crowd from attending the game, but there are a lot of halfhearted football fans in Colorado that might choose to stay home and watch TV that day (particularly if the spring game gets picked up by one of the sports networks) instead of making the trip. Were the game held on another day, a few of them might choose to head to Boulder instead.

Not a bad post overall, but this was too good to pass up.:lol::lol:

I'm with Ralph. There is no way in hell the stupid draft would trump the spring game for me (or for anyone else on this board, I'd imagine), but if the goal is to get new people into the buffs, then it is probably not the best idea to schedule it on the same day as the only other football-related thing happening during the whole of spring. No Buff fan is going to miss the spring game for the draft, but some bored bronco-dad and his kid might. You know?

I'm with Ralph. There is no way in hell the stupid draft would trump the spring game for me (or for anyone else on this board, I'd imagine), but if the goal is to get new people into the buffs, then it is probably not the best idea to schedule it on the same day as the only other football-related thing happening during the whole of spring. No Buff fan is going to miss the spring game for the draft, but some bored bronco-dad and his kid might. You know?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it is mostly due to them moving the Spring practices back to give guys like Speedy and Ryan Miller plenty of time to get to full strength so they can participate.

Spring Break is March 23-27 and the last day of classes is May 1st. You only get a certain window of days to conduct all the practices in, so I suppose they are just trying to fit everything in.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it is mostly due to them moving the Spring practices back to give guys like Speedy and Ryan Miller plenty of time to get to full strength so they can participate.

Spring Break is March 23-27 and the last day of classes is May 1st. You only get a certain window of days to conduct all the practices in, so I suppose they are just trying to fit everything in.

Yeah. Fair enough then. I just thought people were missing Ralph's point.

This conflict with the NFL draft should keep the riff-raff away.

Back