What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any chance Mobley plays minutes at WR?

I actually hope he is moved to DE as well. We really lack depth there and I think the use of a DE/LB hybrid on some downs has only netted so-so results. I would like to see us getting back to playing four DL most downs.

There are some poor moves (Kai from G to FB) there are some waiting to see moves (Evans from QB to TE, Mahnke from S to LB, Polk from RB to S) and there are some good ones (Solder from TE to LT, Hypolite from FB to DT, Pericak from TE/LB to DT). We have three (4 if Favors qualifies) TE's coming to Boulder this summer. I don't know if he has the ability to play WR or not, but I assume a few of those guys who come in will end up changing positions. Maybe he is the best TE and the others will be looking for new positions, but I remember hearing he played D in high school, and we could use some speed off the edge.

I just would love to finally see some size and speed at receiver. Something we have been lacking through the later years of the Barnett era and through the Hawk area. I don't really care if it comes from Mobley or whoever else. If a position move was made with Mobley then I agree that DE would be most valuable. We definitely have not been able to get at opposing quarterbacks.

I just would love to finally see some size and speed at receiver. Something we have been lacking through the later years of the Barnett era and through the Hawk area. I don't really care if it comes from Mobley or whoever else. If a position move was made with Mobley then I agree that DE would be most valuable. We definitely have not been able to get at opposing quarterbacks.

Between Clemons, Celestine, Darden, Ussery (if he plays WR), and Thornton at TE, we actually have some size and speed - the trouble is that every one of them is an unknown quantity at this point so it's hard to get too excited about the group until we see them play.

McKnight may be the most steady of them all, but I didn't mention him because he is neither big nor fast.

A DE who can get to the QB is more valuable than a WR or TE. That's probably the most important thing to have on a team after a good QB (since both are so hard to find).

i agree, but if he is a world beater out wide why the hell would you switch his position?

For a guy who was not that highly recruited out of high school, and who redshirted his Freshman year when he could have provided some production, we're putting a lot of faith in Thornton to produce this year. I'm leery.

For a guy who was not that highly recruited out of high school, and who redshirted his Freshman year when he could have provided some production, we're putting a lot of faith in Thornton to produce this year. I'm leery.

I'm confident. Because we've got 4* Ryan Deehan starting at TE and doing all the heavy lifting. We've also got a solid system guy in 6th year senior Luke Walters who we know will get his assignments correct and be steady for us. Thornton only has to come into games situationally when his position group is called for. He'll have time to grow into being a star. Two years, in fact, before 2012 when Deehan is gone and Thornton is a 4th year junior who owns the job.

i hear ya, but he really impressed me during spring practices and the spring game. alas, i'm tired of pumping up guys that haven't touched the field.

Back