What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

anyone see us winning?

can we win?

• no way jose

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • NO... maybe... YES! works every time!

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters
:lol:

You're a glutton, you know that? You're like a battered wife that just keeps coming back for more. I would love to see CU win this game, too. I just don't see it happening, though. Every time I get a glimmer of hope, I remember Cal. I remember that Hawk is the head coach. I remember that what he's doing this week - as we speak - is "working on the little things". Which means he's not doing diddly squat to prepare for this weekends game. He's not looking at film to figure out what UGA's tendencies are. He's not doing any self scouting, either. He's got his head so far up his ass that he's looking out his belly button. He's already working on his excuses for the post-game presser.

Dude, I didn't say we would win.. And I can tell you this right now with your thoughts you absolutely know very little about college football and the intagibles and emotions in it if you truly believe what you say. You have paid more attention to hawks failures (which is a lot). But Hawk has had some good games against competetion thats alot better than this Georgia team (almost on a consistent basis actually). Thats what I look at. I seriously think you just want the buffs to fail to get rid of hawk. I will be surprised if we win, you don't get my argument. You really don't understand it sacky!

Once again, just so your little brainwashed mind understands, my prediction. Georgia 24 CU 17

Last edited:
We're gonna win....nuff said

(granted this increased optimism has recently stemmed after a nice convo with my UGA loving co-worker, who guaranteed they would lose....i'll take what i can get :smile2:)

For future reference, anyone who uses the term "diddly squat" in a football-related post that also compares an adversary to a "battered wife" in the same paragraph is an idiot.

It is funny how fans can take so much hope over playing well at home for one half of football against a bad team. CU has not played anyone yet. CSU is 1-3 and one of the worst team in Div 1 football. Cal is 2-2 and totally smoked CU, Hawaii is 2-2 and not a very good team. Georgia will have better athletes than Cal. I am not convinced that CU can run the ball effectively...Hawaii is one of the worst run defenses in the nation.

CU is going to have to play their A+ game to win. They will need a good game plan and cannot put it all on Tyler Hanson to win because it will not happen. Georgia is not playing well which should help CU but this Georgia team has been battle tested and has already seen some good teams on the road. The good news is that Georgia has not played well offensively on the road and the defense is trying to learn a new scheme.

As someone else said - Yes I can see us winning. Do I expect it - No. I think Geogia wears down CU with their talent. 27 - 14 (I was going to say 27-17 but then I remember our special teams).

It is funny how fans can take so much hope over playing well at home for one half of football against a bad team. CU has not played anyone yet. CSU is 1-3 and one of the worst team in Div 1 football. Cal is 2-2 and totally smoked CU, Hawaii is 2-2 and not a very good team. Georgia will have better athletes than Cal. I am not convinced that CU can run the ball effectively...Hawaii is one of the worst run defenses in the nation.

CU is going to have to play their A+ game to win. They will need a good game plan and cannot put it all on Tyler Hanson to win because it will not happen. Georgia is not playing well which should help CU but this Georgia team has been battle tested and has already seen some good teams on the road. The good news is that Georgia has not played well offensively on the road and the defense is trying to learn a new scheme.

As someone else said - Yes I can see us winning. Do I expect it - No. I think Geogia wears down CU with their talent. 27 - 14 (I was going to say 27-17 but then I remember our special teams).

I respect your post because you understand football.

My thoughts are very similar to yours

You aren't going to win doing that. But if you keep your penalties to a minimum, and just play sound predictable mediocre football, and let UGA make it's own mistakes, you will probably win.

If we could do that, we probably win a lot more games.

We haven't won a lot more games. You do the math.

If I was Hawkins, if you win the toss don't defer. S. Car., Ark.,& Miss.st. got the opening kickoff & scored. Get the ball first irregardless, we'll defer to the 2nd 1/2.
If you win the toss take the ball, & points guaranteed...

FYI... irregardless is not a word. Regardless will do. One of those little things we buff fans work on.

For future reference, anyone who uses the term "diddly squat" in a football-related post that also compares an adversary to a "battered wife" in the same paragraph is an idiot.

Just for future reference, anybody who can't spell "idot" correctly is an idot.

Dude, I didn't say we would win.. And I can tell you this right now with your thoughts you absolutely know very little about college football and the intagibles and emotions in it if you truly believe what you say. You have paid more attention to hawks failures (which is a lot). But Hawk has had some good games against competetion thats alot better than this Georgia team (almost on a consistent basis actually). Thats what I look at. I seriously think you just want the buffs to fail to get rid of hawk. I will be surprised if we win, you don't get my argument. You really don't understand it sacky!

Once again, just so your little brainwashed mind understands, my prediction. Georgia 24 CU 17

Directing your anger at me isn't going to make the situation any better, you know.

I know plenty about the game of football, thank you very much.

FYI... irregardless is not a word. Regardless will do. One of those little things we buff fans work on.

FWIW...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
ir·re·gard·less

adv \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\
Definition of IRREGARDLESS

nonstandard : regardless

Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance.

Get you some....

FWIW...

ir·re·gard·less

adv \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance.

Get you some....

:congrats:

oh you crazy southerners....

Do I think we'll win? No. Would I be surprised if we do pull out a win? No.

I think it all boils down to the fact I just don't have much faith in this team while Hawk is the HC.

FWIW...

ir·re·gard·less

adv \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\

Get you some....

The real point is it's like saying "I could care less"...it sounds correct but actually means the exact opposite of what you mean. In your defense, we say "Buffalo" and we mean American Bison...so we're all idots!

Last edited:
Back