What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

@ Arizona State September 21st

While attractive, I’m concerned as to why these girls look so similar to each other. Is ForkU using modified genetics and cloning ladies to attract recruits?

I was watching one of the highlight shows on P12N, and they did a spot on Eno Benjamin. The lady announcing said that ASU won in boulder last year as Benjamin ran all over the Buffs...

Who cares? Lol.

To close out this game thread, what a great victory. 1st win over a ranked team on the road since 2002!! 1st win in Tempe, except when the Buffs put ND out to pasture (except for 1 year, they have not been the same since 1994). 1st road game for MT, and a win. Did you know that under Embo he had two in-conference road wins? The best being at Utah. Under HCMM, outside of 2014, he only had two in-conference road wins--one of them was Oregon, where SM showed up with an S on his chest and a cape. Props to the team and coaches.

Whoever said, "why is SM" a captain for the game." Your answer is scoreboard and watch the game film. He was more than ready to play and let it all hang out there. The OL played great, but he played with a freedom not seen lately. His passes to the RBs were awesome, in that CU was good but not great at running the ball. Props to Alex Fontenot, he showed why he is #1 on the depth chart. Mangum is great too, as is the other back with a few carries. This game can be analyzed in all different ways, but having a Senior QB on the road is better than a Frosh at home.

Now the bye week and figuring out how to stop Khalil Tate, who is a nightmare and appears to feast on Buffalo. This will be a gut check for the defense. Except for AFA, which was an anommoly given their offense, I see this defense getting better in the new scheme. They all played hard. Landman had a great 1st half. Every tackle was a hard hit and immediately to the ground. The ILB's are a challenge in pass defense. The OLB's are a challenge in learning this new scheme. They were better this week in stopping the outside runs.

Hopefully, the Buffs can get healthy. It is too bad so many of the guys got hurt, but they overcame that. ASU did play dirty, but I don't think Herm Edwards teaches that. The clip on Mustafa Johnson was ugly, and should merit a suspension, but it could have been one of their Frosh OL.

This will be an interesting team this year. We shouldn't get our hopes too high and SM will probably have a stinker on the road, but he is showing up. Through 4 games, he has had them in position to win each game. Also, he is lights out in the 4th quarter. That is really all you can ask from a college QB. The schedule is daunting, but if he plays well they can steal games on the road, and win many games at home.

Sorry about my typo on Jacob Callier. He is an OLB, not OL, as we would be screwed if he was on the Oline, unless he was a FB!

Captain Obvious here - one big factor in this win was the Buffs' playing a "clean game." What, one tunrover and one penelty. That was huge. Had they played that clean of a game v Air Force it might have changed the outcome.

The other factor in was the run game. During the first two series I made the comment that should they continue to run the ball well they can control the termpo. And just the play before Brown's third touchdown they had a good run. Then they were able to go play action to get behind the defense.

He plays even remotely close to this the next 3/4 games, I don't think Maddox has a starting job when he comes back.

Let's say the depth is better and both will be fresher in the 4Q.

And yes that was a great win!

Back