What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Army-Navy

L Buff

Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left
Club Member
I believe this game deserves its own thread ... it's the only D-1 game this weekend, and it's ARMY-NAVY!

Re-posting this from last year ...

GO ARMY!!! **

I was a lifelong Navy fan from the time of Joe Bellino.

And then my older brother became a Naval Aviator in the Vietnam era.

But then I have two grand-nephews (my brother's grandsons) who recently graduated form West Point (2015 and 2018).

So blood being thicker than water** ... GO ARMY!!!

** see what I did there? Thicker than water? Navy? Ships float on what? Oh never mind. :cool:

Anyway ... GO ARMY!! BEAT NAVY!!!

Bucket list. Anybody been?
All the years I lived in the Philly area as a huge college football fan, you'd think I'd have gone. For whatever reason, this game never seemed like a big enough deal to me to want to go to Veteran's Stadium in December. Wish I had done it, though, just to have that CFB experience. I have been to a game at West Point, which is a heck of a nice game day experience.

All the years I lived in the Philly area as a huge college football fan, you'd think I'd have gone. For whatever reason, this game never seemed like a big enough deal to me to want to go to Veteran's Stadium in December. Wish I had done it, though, just to have that CFB experience. I have been to a game at West Point, which is a heck of a nice game day experience.
Love West Point. Walked down into campus after game with my daughter. Tried to use GPS to get out. Wouldn’t work. Wandered around for a good bit. Great fall afternoon.

Army:
Howitzer guns are cool
Tanks are awesome
Helicopters are lame and death traps
No fighter jets = lame
Green Berets kick some serious ass

Navy:
Aircraft Carriers are super awesome
Fighter jets are awesome
Helicopters are lame and death traps
Submarines, especially ballistic, are super awesome
Navy Seals kick some serious ass

Go USA! May these kids never be put in harms way. If they are, may they all come home safe.

The Navy has cooler toys tho.

Bucket list. Anybody been?
I think I post about this every year but I was fortunate enough to go in 2015 in Philly and it stands alone as the best sporting event that I’ve ever attended. That’s for lots of reasons including going with my cousin, the former Army doc, who recently passed away, as well as going with my brother, father and uncle. None of us had Academy ties, and frankly, I didn’t really care who won, but the atmosphere of the game is special. Even the train ride back into town after the game, and seeing the comradery between student and families on both sides was amazing, especially after such a hard fought game.
If you love college football, you need to go. If you love awesome flyovers, you need to go. If you love your country, you need to go. If you love celebrating the ideals of service and sacrifice above self, you need to go. Highly recommended!

Back