What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Artis vs Wallace

Who would you rather have?

• Dominic Artis

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Tyrone Wallace

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Bank the scholarship for 2013

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Stuff always happens. Even if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the 2012 class ended up redshirting. We'll get our classes in balance over the next few years.

The three people who voted to bank the scholly should be shot, as should Goose for even making that an option in the poll. There is absolutley no reason for us to turn away elite prospects. I saw Junction's and Dyemeduke's reasoning and I'm not even going to dignify that crap "logic" with a response.

Too harsh? I'll stop being an asshole when people stop writing stupid sh*t.

For the most part, I agree.

Stuff always happens. Even if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the 2012 class ended up redshirting. We'll get our classes in balance over the next few years.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there will be a redshirt in that class...

Everyone needs to stop with the assumption that no one will leave for some reason or another. **** happens, ask Cain.

ESPN and scout have Artis listed at 5'11". It's likely that they're using an old recording but still, players are almost always 1-2" shorter than whatever they're recorded at so I doubt he's 6'1" which is short for a PG anyway. True PGs are essential to any successful offense and I definitely understand the reasoning for going after someone like Artis. Villanova has learned the hard way that the whole 4 SG + big man thing doesn't work when you have no one setting up the offense and guys dribbling into defenders. We got to watch last year as countless times teams would go zone on us and Relphorde, Higgins, and Burks took the ball into collapsing zones with no way out. With that said, short PGs scare me. They are defensive holes and without a good jumpshot, teams will just play Rajon Rondo defense on him and drop back to minimize his effectiveness on the offensive end.

I'm not a huge fan of combo guards because the best basketball players always have a set position. With that said, the reason combo guards usually suck is because they're too small to play their natural position which is shooting guard and most of the notable combo guards don't play any defense. Wallace has good size, so that won't be a problem. Add to that that his defense is already being praised despite being a combo guard? I definitely prefer him for this team, especially if he has the playmaking ability that Burks had.

With that said, short PGs scare me. They are defensive holes and without a good jumpshot, teams will just play Rajon Rondo defense on him and drop back to minimize his effectiveness on the offensive end.
On the defensive end, short point guards can be a liability. But there is proof if they can be a diminutive force that no big can guard such as a "healthy agile" rajon rondo, Ty Lawson, JJ Barea. It is especially deadly if they develop that jump shot and can get to the basket at will, ex: JJ Barea in the playoffs.

Back