What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

You wouldn't bother with a safeties coach? Just let one guy coach half the defense on his own? That seems like a terrible plan.

If that means somebody who recruited like Tavares Tillman did (I can't think of a recruit in this class he was the primary or secondary on), nope-I wouldn't.

If that means somebody who recruited like Tavares Tillman did (I can't think of a recruit in this class he was the primary or secondary on), nope-I wouldn't.
I don't think you understand what that means.. What are you going to add another DL coach? Split linebackers into 3 guys?

The assistant spot is there regardless. Why would you choose to hamper the secondary with spreading one guy so thin?

I don't think you understand what that means.. What are you going to add another DL coach? Split linebackers into 3 guys?

A couple of things-One, the word "DB coach" in the tweet is making me think Martin will have both safeties and corners (as was the case during his UCLA tenure). Two, I don't really care how you align the staff-but if you're asking what I'd do with the spot......probably a standalone WR coach so we're not spreading Chev too thin. Doesn't really matter to me, but either way that spot needs to be occupied by a stud recruiter.

A couple of things-One, the word "DB coach" in the tweet is making me think Martin will have both safeties and corners (as was the case during his UCLA tenure). Two, I don't really care how you align the staff-but if you're asking what I'd do with the spot......probably a standalone WR coach so we're not spreading Chev too thin. Doesn't really matter to me, but either way that spot needs to be occupied by a stud recruiter.
so you want to have 6 coaches on offense and 4 for defense?

Howell probably worded it that way because Martin could coach the corners or the safeties. I think you are reading way too much into it.

Having Chev coach a position group and be OC is quite normal. If he cannot handle it, he is the wrong guy.

True.

Howell's tweet says Martin's going to coach DBs here. Should mean the entire secondary. I wouldn't bother with a safeties coach unless we can get another dude who can recruit like Martin can.
I like a S coach, especially with Star and Money roles playing such a key part of D.

It is uncommon for coaches to move this late in the game without a significant financial or personal incentive driving the move.
It is uncommon for movement.
Is that because it's uncommon to have openings?

Why would we need to double a guys salary as a poster states above?
Is a better opportunity and a "healthy" raise not enough?

Too many of you here have Mel Tucker induced PTSD. Lots of young coaches would see CU as an opportunity.

If KD can't sell his vision, then we are toast. I hold out hope that he can sell it just like MT was selling it up to the hour that he bailed.

Edit: posted this reply before seeing the announcements. They speak for themselves and should dispel this whole issue.

Last edited:
There are many reasons to come to Boulder.

...one of them has to be security. Although that seems strange amidst the upheaval, HCKD doesn't seem to be going anywhere over the next 4 - 5 years, and this has to feel promising for an AC.

It is uncommon for movement.
Is that because it's uncommon to have openings?

Why would we need to double a guys salary as a poster states above?
Is a better opportunity and a "healthy" raise not enough?

Too many of you here have Mel Tucker induced PTSD. Lots of young coaches would see CU as an opportunity.

If KD can't sell his vision, then we are toast. I hold out hope that he can sell it just like MT was selling it up to the hour that he bailed.

Edit: posted this reply before seeing the announcements. They speak for themselves and should dispel this whole issue.
We were already interviewing Wilson. Getting Martin is a coup, although it doesn’t dispel anything. I think you overestimate the effect timing has on movement.

We were already interviewing Wilson. Getting Martin is a coup, although it doesn’t dispel anything. I think you overestimate the effect timing has on movement.

I'd say this if Mel Tucker were still here-but CW is an upgrade over Brumbaugh. This is a win-win for Martin and CU-We get a damn good coach/recruiter (whereever we put him) and Martin knew he was probably going to be making a job change in 2020 either way. Better to come work for a coach who has the security Dorrell does right now than Afroman in Tucson.

I'd say this if Mel Tucker were still here-but CW is an upgrade over Brumbaugh. This is a win-win for Martin and CU-We get a damn good coach/recruiter (whereever we put him) and Martin knew he was probably going to be making a job change in 2020 either way. Better to come work for a coach who has the security Dorrell does right now than Afroman in Tucson.
I agree with that. Martin leaving should signal to Arizona fans that things are looking bad internally.

Afroman?

Back