What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

We need Chev, I cannot see him walk away from KD as they are very close friends. Feels like part of this was designed for Chev, and I see him being slated for every title he was given, but I could see a battle over the OC and playcalling as that is the only logical development for Chev to find, otherwise he would be better off going to a G5 school and running a program, but he wants to help Colorado be great!

We need Chev, I cannot see him walk away from KD as they are very close friends. Feels like part of this was designed for Chev, and I see him being slated for every title he was given, but I could see a battle over the OC and playcalling as that is the only logical development for Chev to find, otherwise he would be better off going to a G5 school and running a program, but he wants to help Colorado be great!

he appears to be gone boys

giphy.gif

Was mentioned by someone on 247 that he did this after Tucker was hired and didn't change it until he interviewed to know he still had a job. We may be making way too much out of this. Chev's background is still him with his family at Folsom.
Quit being rational !

Was mentioned by someone on 247 that he did this after Tucker was hired and didn't change it until he interviewed to know he still had a job. We may be making way too much out of this. Chev's background is still him with his family at Folsom.
In the end, Chev is back in his same job. I don’t think there’s any chance Chev will look his mentor in the eye and tell him he’s leaving. If so, Chev has bigger balls than anyone would expect.

Chev could be an OC somewhere that the head coach is highly involved with the offense, and Chev is essentially learning to be an OC. His last stint would keep anyone from outright giving him the keys to the offense. I don't think KD is the guy who can mentor him, as KD's offensive system isn't going to play in CFB.

Chev could perhaps jump right to be a HC, at a lower level.
Chev could continue here and keep his title Tucker gave him while apprenticing from a true CFB offensive coordinator a few more years.
I'd hope he can do the latter, as I'm very pro Chev. It's okay if he's disappointed he didn't get the HC shot (yet).

In the end, Chev is back in his same job. I don’t think there’s any chance Chev will look his mentor in the eye and tell him he’s leaving. If so, Chev has bigger balls than anyone would expect.
The irony of his comments from a little bit ago about Dorrell being his mentor and telling him to worry about the job he’s in is nice

Correct me if I’m wrong here but Chev is under contract so he can’t just quit unless he buys himself out, can he? He can retire, or someone else can hire him and buyout his contract, but the fact that he is coming to work tomorrow is contractual as I understand it.

Back