What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

This should be popular with fans.

From a coaching standpoint, this isn’t bad. He did a good job with the Niners QBs and bringing along Lock last season. He wasn’t fired per se from the Broncos, Shurmer wanted to bring in his own guy in Shula. More of a churn thing rather than a performance thing.

From a recruiting standpoint.... another giant question mark.

my main issue here would be, what's the plan at OC? Seems weird to hire a QB coach when most OCs are also QB coaches. So.. please don't tell me our WR coach will also be the OC.

Chev should step back and relax, if he already hasn't. He's a proven high level recruiting guy and a well respected WR coach, with a P5 salary floor of $400-600K.
Gets to coach great athletes, fly around on little jets, and gets in games for free. Free !! He is hugely employable and has a great future - hope he stays here!
Hey Chev, a career is a marathon, not a sprint......

I have no complaints about TC if the OC isn't a QB coach.

I may have serious complaints about who the OC ends up being and whether that will be a bad situation for TC.

If we, for example, were able to hire to at least the level of getting a Jeff Grimes away from BYU to be our OC then I'd feel just fine about TC. Or bring Kap back to put him in that OC job (he had that job at UNC and had some success).

I wonder if Joe Bleymaier would be interested in a WR/passing game role. Can’t hurt to get some of that Andy Reid mojo and he was here previously.

Not if they cant ****ing recruit...
I agree, but not sure that Summers or Johnson actually recruited anymore than DC and Michalowski. I would love to see the insides of Recruiting just to see the pros and cons of what we actually do and what we can do better.

I agree, but not sure that Summers or Johnson actually recruited anymore than DC and Michalowski. I would love to see the insides of Recruiting just to see the pros and cons of what we actually do and what we can do better.
I believe DC and Michalowski were our top recruiters.

So, KD is potentially looking at actual NFL Assistants, while Tucker hired QC people from Georgia! It seems like a slight trade up.
The key will be if those NFLers can recruit. And those QCs had decent backgrounds, including recruiting exposure.

Chev should step back and relax, if he already hasn't. He's a proven high level recruiting guy and a well respected WR coach, with a P5 salary floor of $400-600K.
Gets to coach great athletes, fly around on little jets, and gets in games for free. Free !! He is hugely employable and has a great future - hope he stays here!
Hey Chev, a career is a marathon, not a sprint......
Really? This has been sitting here for, like, six hours and nobody has made "so, lower middle class" joke yet?

Oh wait. Are assistant threads immune from jacks, like recruiting threads? I apologize, carry on.

Really? This has been sitting here for, like, six hours and nobody has made "so, lower middle class" joke yet?

Oh wait. Are assistant threads immune from jacks, like recruiting threads? I apologize, carry on.

$400-600 is high upper mc, Ken. Maybe the recent Mel T emotional cluster has had a sobering effect on the AB locals and they've moved on.....ya never know.

The key will be if those NFLers can recruit. And those QCs had decent backgrounds, including recruiting exposure.

I don't have a problem with Chev as the OC under KD, and frankly I'd be shocked if he's not still here. Today's news is more par for the course in this business. I'm sure KD has a vision than includes Chev and Mick-I don't see a guy taking this job and then not retaining the two best recruiters on staff.

Back