What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Marc Lubick seems like another assistant possibility, noticed Feldman followed him after following Dorrell, they coached together for the Houston Texans, then he (seemingly) brought him to Vandy for that 1 year in 2014. Probably not a particularly exciting name. Was at CSU for nearly a decade, seems like he was well thought-of, got promoted to recruiting coordinator in 2010 and then left for the Texans a month later.

Marc Lubick seems like another assistant possibility, noticed Feldman followed him after following Dorrell, they coached together for the Houston Texans, then he (seemingly) brought him to Vandy for that 1 year in 2014. Probably not a particularly exciting name. Was at CSU for nearly a decade, seems like he was well thought-of, got promoted to recruiting coordinator in 2010 and then left for the Texans a month later.

Ehh, he’s coached receivers, tight ends and QBs. Right now, receivers and tight ends have a coach, and presumably TC would take QBs. Not sure what role Lubick would fill.

I'm hoping it's mel ****er thats scaring away the "better" coaches at msu.
It’s hard to leave after both signing days and within spring ball. With big money, MSU should upgrade their ACs for 2021. If they don’t, that’s alarming for them.

I only care about whether or not Colorado get can good recruiters on staff for 2020.

Getting assistants right now is very difficult. That should concern Colorado.

If MT can’t get better ACs for 2021, that should concern MSU.
Sure. I think he's got extra difficulty, though. Hard to convince someone it's not gonna be a career killer if the new job is walking into a scandal, a recent talent drain, a bad competitive position in the division, an inexperienced HC and looming NCAA sanctions. Money talks, but that's a tough sell for me if I'm an up-and-coming or "hot" assistant coach. It's appealing if I'm looking for a job, it's a promotion to a P5 assistant position, or I'm a veteran at the end of my run. Otherwise, why take that on?

How, if throwing $ at a good HC can make him jump at this time of the year, certainly throwing $ at an AC to jump is even easier!

So mt looked like a snake by lying and jumping ship from CU to msu in just one year and at a bad time. Imagine round two of snake behavior by blowing out his assistants after one year.

How, if throwing $ at a good HC can make him jump at this time of the year, certainly throwing $ at an AC to jump is even easier!
So mt looked like a snake by lying and jumping ship from CU to msu in just one year and at a bad time. Imagine round two of snake behavior by blowing out his assistants after one year.
ACs have a very transient life. It is late in the game. It didn’t work out for higher level guys, so he got guys he trusts.

You seem obsessed with the former coach. Thats your prerogative. I’ve moved on. My only concern is Colorado getting ACs who can recruit. You can express happiness about MT raiding the cupboard at Colorado and elsewhere, but it won’t solve the issue of the emergency Colorado faces to fill the staff with people who can actually recruit.

ACs have a very transient life. It is late in the game. It didn’t work out for higher level guys, so he got guys he trusts.

You seem obsessed with the former coach. Thats your prerogative. I’ve moved on. My only concern is Colorado getting ACs who can recruit. You can express happiness about MT raiding the cupboard at Colorado and elsewhere, but it won’t solve the issue of the emergency Colorado faces to fill the staff with people who can actually recruit.

I am far from obsessed with the former head coach. But a SIGNIFICANT topic in the last week has been the assistant coach salary pool. It's not something I've ever heard much focus on. And it was emphasized as a secondary yet important reason the former coach went to msu. So as I try to sort out this general emphasis on assistant coach salary pool, I'm seeing the use of the assistant coach salary pool at msu to build a staff and the reality seems inconsistent with the former coach narrative that CU's assistant coach salary pool was too paltry. I have NEVER said anything joyful about CU coaches leaving for other jobs elsewhere. I hope that coach Dorrell can round up a solid staff that is extremely successful in coaching, preparing, developing, guiding, recruiting.

I am far from obsessed with the former head coach. But a SIGNIFICANT topic in the last week has been the assistant coach salary pool. It's not something I've ever heard much focus on. And it was emphasized as a secondary yet important reason the former coach went to msu. So as I try to sort out this general emphasis on assistant coach salary pool, I'm seeing the use of the assistant coach salary pool at msu to build a staff and the reality seems inconsistent with the former coach narrative that CU's assistant coach salary pool was too paltry. I have NEVER said anything joyful about CU coaches leaving for other jobs elsewhere. I hope that coach Dorrell can round up a solid staff that is extremely successful in coaching, preparing, developing, guiding, recruiting.
That a school with double our AC budget can’t attract really good ACs at this stage in the hiring cycle should be a major cause for concern with CU fans. Seriously. That means that coaches are staying put this year.

Our best bet is that KD gets some ACs who are currently in the NFL (from his recent NFL stints) but still have solid rolodexes for HS programs in the western USA. If we can’t get those folks, Colorado will be in deep doodoo.

fwiw, many of us have been saying that since we now have good facilities other than the stadium needing upgrades, the single biggest factor for improving performance of the program would be increasing the assistant salary pool. Next after that would be the recruiting budget.

That a school with double our AC budget can’t attract really good ACs at this stage in the hiring cycle should be a major cause for concern with CU fans. Seriously. That means that coaches are staying put this year.

Our best bet is that KD gets some ACs who are currently in the NFL (from his recent NFL stints) but still have solid rolodexes for HS programs in the western USA. If we can’t get those folks, Colorado will be in deep doodoo.
Could be that some coaches are Rape Averse

Back