What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Yes, a DL coach has to be a great recruiter. I'm worried about him recruiting. I'm worried about every hire re: recruiting.
This. Dorrell is a number of years removed from the recruiting trail. He needs to surround himself with good to great recruiters. No Jeffcoats who rest on their laurels.

this is why Chev, IMO, is a crucial to this staff.

Chevs Twitter campaign was a bit embarrassing to me, but that's Chev. He's all in.

He's not nearly as qualified now as KD was when KD got his head coaching job at UCLA.

With that, KD isn't a college offensive guru, he's a CEO. He will need two great coordinators and I don't see a scenario where Chev is the OC.
He said in the press conference, or maybe it was with Big Al, that he would prefer and experienced play caller to be the OC. That’s not DC. DC only was good when he had LS doing everything, and once he broke LS, DC had no answer.

He said in the press conference, or maybe it was with Big Al, that he would prefer and experienced play caller to be the OC. That’s not DC. DC only was good when he had LS doing everything, and once he broke LS, DC had no answer.
Breaking Laviska wasn't so much the problem as the OL blocking scheme was blown up when DC's started telling their D to shoot gaps when OL would pull, and chase down the play from behind. Chev (and Adams) never countered that and the last few games it just got silly.

That was about the man, not the resume. No reason at all he wouldn't have done well in AZ (Sun Devil) and TX (Cowboy) if he had any motivation to recruit.
I don't know how someone can be a coach and NOT absolutely love recruiting. It's like being a NFL coach and being told you have unlimited picks, just sign no more than 25 guys each year!

KD hasn't been around for awhile, so you'd think he'd probably grab a hold of someone like Cabral and get up to speed on how things are going in Boulder, on Feb 25th. I would have thought Chev's worth to the team and players would have been known by now, and that issue resolved.

I don't know how someone can be a coach and NOT absolutely love recruiting. It's like being a NFL coach and being told you have unlimited picks, just sign no more than 25 guys each year!

Picking them is easy. Convincing them to sign on isn’t. And involves lots of travel and dealing with not only the player but the family and HS coach, and the process is time consuming.

That can be a drain if you’re an introvert and what attracted you to coaching was teaching technique and the X’s and O’s.

Picking them is easy. Convincing them to sign on isn’t. And involves lots of travel and dealing with not only the player but the family and HS coach, and the process is time consuming.

That can be a drain if you’re an introvert and what attracted you to coaching was teaching technique and the X’s and O’s.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea how "involved" recruiting can be? Are there any forums on this site that talk about recruiting?

I’d be shocked if Chev left. It just make sense that he stay plus I really doubt there are many positions available in late Feb

Back