What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assuming Utah goes to the PAC (which is still an assumption)...

Interesting stuff, Rugged.

In regard to #3, there are A LOT of Ute fans that carry a similar sentiment. I'm not one of them, but many, many Utes want to move on from BYU as it seems you do from NU. Maybe a rivalry gets to a point where every insult that can be dealt has been dealt a million times and there's nothing left to say or do, etc. I'll always have a lifetime of hate for BYU (and I'm even Mormon). But, having said that, I'm intrigued by striking something up with CU. As someone mentioned above, I see room for CU to join BYU as 1a and 1b.

As for Park City, yes it's a fun place. Honestly, I don't go there more than 2-3 times per year. But, when I go, there are some clothing outlets that I like to hit. Also there is always fun stuff going on at the ski resort itself like alpine slide, and stuff like that. I know there are lots of great places to eat, but I'm not up to date on any of them. If you want to know anything specific, I can check it out for you. Lots of my co-workers live in PC.

FWIW, in case you've heard about the screwy alcohol laws in Utah, they have been updated/repealed and now you can come here and get a beer like anyplace. So, definitely come. All accounts I've heard is that our tailgate lot is a welcoming bunch. Everything I've heard is that the folks there are chill and welcome opponents with no problem.

Interesting stuff, Rugged.

FWIW, in case you've heard about the screwy alcohol laws in Utah, they have been updated/repealed and now you can come here and get a beer like anyplace. So, definitely come. All accounts I've heard is that our tailgate lot is a welcoming bunch. Everything I've heard is that the folks there are chill and welcome opponents with no problem.

Well we will be visiting someone who is currently living there so we won't be lost, just seeing if you had any secrets about it.

Now....about those alcohol laws....I just graduated so my main activity is still drinking and we plan on doing a lot: so, can we get non-3.2 beer everywhere? Do they serve on Sunday?

V

Thanks again for not coming here as a prick. A smart move on your part, as we already have a full quota of pricks... :smile2:

I'm not sure if I said thanks for the response. Great info, for sure.

Like you said at the top of your post, I'm sure not all will welcome Utes with open arms. We have our dud posters too who we can't even stand on our own board. So, my apologies if any of them come over here. I'd name names, but you'll know'em when you read'em.

I'm not sure if I said thanks for the response. Great info, for sure.

Like you said at the top of your post, I'm sure not all will welcome Utes with open arms. We have our dud posters too who we can't even stand on our own board. So, my apologies if any of them come over here. I'd name names, but you'll know'em when you read'em.

Go ahead and name names. We don't like buffs4bcs1985. :smile2:

Well we will be visiting someone who is currently living there so we won't be lost, just seeing if you had any secrets about it.

Now....about those alcohol laws....I just graduated so my main activity is still drinking and we plan on doing a lot: so, can we get non-3.2 beer everywhere? Do they serve on Sunday?

Yes, they serve on Sunday. Beyond that, you're asking the wrong guy. My recollection is that the local breweries can serve/sell above 3.2. So if you want the stronger stuff, go for the microbrews. Aside from that, there are plenty of Utes who get their drank on who can help you better than me.

It may be too early to have a big house warming party, but feel free to come to utefans.net and shake a few hands. Ask any question there, and you'll get more responses than you'll need.

Does Utah have 28 year old juniors on their team who have beards a wife and 4 kids?

Yes, they serve on Sunday. Beyond that, you're asking the wrong guy. My recollection is that the local breweries can serve/sell above 3.2. So if you want the stronger stuff, go for the microbrews. Aside from that, there are plenty of Utes who get their drank on who can help you better than me.

It may be too early to have a big house warming party, but feel free to come to utefans.net and shake a few hands. Ask any question there, and you'll get more responses than you'll need.

Appreciate it. As for utefans.net, I doubt I'll ever go there. Even if we become rivals. I just don't do other teams' fan-sites.

Does Utah have 28 year old juniors on their team who have beards a wife and 4 kids?

DBT,

My understanding is that the "U" is where the rebellious future-stepford-wives-of-Utah go to college, try beer, and get laid. Likewise, the guys who are looking for girls like that.

Since everyone else has done a good job of answering your questions, I have one for you. What do you think of Carlon Brown and why did he transfer?

Since everyone else has done a good job of answering your questions, I have one for you. What do you think of Carlon Brown and why did he transfer?

Our Ute buddy already gave us a good rundown on that subject back on the first page of this thread.

If the Big 12, I mean the "New Big 10" stays together, Texas share of Big 12 revenue will drawf all other schools. There won't be a North division, so all the old North teams will play alot more south teams in football and basketball. That will make it almost impossible for an old north team to win the Big 12, because they won't have a one shot opportunity to win the title in a championship game.
oil_on_beach..jpg
BP Beach

Last edited:

Nor Cal, I thought I had addressed Carlon in this thread already, but I can't find it. It may have been another post here.

First off, regarding Carlon, since I'm not closely connected to the hoops team or the athletic department, all I heard was the gossip and rumor. Since Carlon is still a kid just trying to get an education, I don't think it's fair to spread any of the specifics I heard. If he were a millionaire pro, I'd feel more like he's open season. But since he's not....

I'll at least say that he and Utah's coach, Jim Boylen, apparently didn't see eye to eye about how the team should run or how he was being used in the scheme. Brown is VERY athletic and driving to the hoop is his bread and butter. He's had some nasty dunks while at Utah. His outside shot got better every year, but that's not saying much. IMO, he thinks he's a little better than he is. I'd say little to no NBA potential due to size. But, if your coach can get his attention, and if he dedicates to your TEAM, he'll have a fine senior year.

Personally, I wish he had stayed, but in other ways, it may have been addition by subtraction to have him move on. I wish him well and hope he kills it until/unless he plays us again.

I'll leave you with this:
[video=youtube;QYrs5hJ4Q9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrs5hJ4Q9E[/video]

If the Big 12, I mean the "New Big 10" stays together, Texas share of Big 12 revenue will drawf all other schools. There won't be a North division, so all the old North teams will play alot more south teams in football and basketball. That will make it almost impossible for an old north team to win the Big 12, because they won't have a one shot opportunity to win the title in a championship game.

I agree. I think you and NU were smart to get out. I think the nation saw UT's real colors this last week. No matter what happens to Utah, I'm glad UT didn't go to the PAC and that you guys got the heck out of Dodge. It's like you guys finally got away from the abusive spouse. Good on ya.

Well this is just dandy. We can invite all these utes to the tailgate, but ain't one of them going to bring any booze. Worthless.

Well this is just dandy. We can invite all these utes to the tailgate, but ain't one of them going to bring any booze. Worthless.

And they will be dressed badly unless they have stopped at the outlet malls on the way here.

(rep btw)

Carlon looks like a poor man's Shannon Browne. Are you guys going to fix those awful basketball uniforms?

Fount you seem like a decent guy and I look forward to vigorous competition with UU. So in the spirit of healthy rivalry...take your ****ty snow and multiple wives straight back outta here. You did pretty good in the MWC but this is BCS ball and we been playing rough since way back when the pastor was touching your no-no behind the tabernacle.

Give Warren jeffs a shout out for me.

Ooookayy...

Anyone else want to talk sports?
You must forgive these heathen. I appologize for my bretheren's douchebaginess.

I'm all sprots talked out. I'm just looking forward to the upcoming season, letting what will happen happen, and then developing some momentum for the Pac 12. This will be a fun ride. It is nice to have something to look forward to in a football sense.

Greatest sporting accomplishment other than 1990 NC.

[video=youtube;5Nt6HjqtJt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8[/video]

Your last question, you are much better and healthier than our program. We are awful and don't have a lot of hope as long as Hawkins is our coach.

Last edited:
Back