What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU/Texas

That was a good win for the Big 12 conference.

I was very impressed with the Texas defense. They absolutely throttled Rudy Carpenter. I remain convinced that in today's college football the best defense is to put maximum pressure on the quarterback.

Truer words never spoken. I am SO SICK of watching defenses get shredded by a mediocre QB who has all day to find the open guy because only three, in some cases two, defenders actually rush the QB.

i could be flat wrong. ubt is the one who pointed out that they were related prior to the cu/ut game in austin, and also brought up the fact that an older brother played for smu prior to an injury which prevented playing football again.

if i am mistaken, then it would have been a good story. :wink:

i could be flat wrong. ubt is the one who pointed out that they were related prior to the cu/ut game in austin, and also brought up the fact that an older brother played for smu prior to an injury which prevented playing football again.

if i am mistaken, then it would have been a good story. :wink:

his bio does mention an older brother that plaed at SMU and a cousin that plaed at ut and another cousin that plays hoops at lsu but, no mention of Hugh.

thats what you get for listening to a dirt burgler :smile2:

I thought mushmouth was way over the top in laughing at the kid. First, I don't think he touched the ball. Second, the kid felt awful. I can't imagine having to go through that. Hell, half the Texas bench was on the field.

people ripped McCoy this year, but i think he's a pretty good player on balance the times i've seen him.

horns will be improved next year and a real handfull at Folsom, but not unbeatable.

Hard to be a successful QB if the protection from your offensive line sucks. If their offensive line can take a step forward next year, the Horns will be very good IMO.

thats what you get for listening to a dirt burgler :smile2:

not the first time that has burned me. :smile2:

that crazy okie has tried to sell me on the fact that pruning the hedges needs to occur during three separate seasons of the year - typically a season 4-5 months down the road from the day i want it done. that prompted a new policy: "do it now or i will kick your balls to austin". that policy has worked rather well. :wink2:

not the first time that has burned me. :smile2:

that crazy okie has tried to sell me on the fact that pruning the hedges needs to occur during three separate seasons of the year - typically a season 4-5 months down the road from the day i want it done. that prompted a new policy: "do it now or i will kick your balls to austin". that policy has worked rather well. :wink2:

austin is not that far. he could definitly get his balls back quicker than 4-5 months.:cool:

austin is not that far. he could definitly get his balls back quicker than 4-5 months.:cool:

true. he could drive and have them within 4 hours. i am guessing that the blunt force trauma would cause him to speak in a falsetto far longer than 5 months. also, i am guessing it would be a LONG LONG time before the stitches healed to reattach the bastards. :smile2:

true. he could drive and have them within 4 hours. i am guessing that the blunt force trauma would cause him to speak in a falsetto far longer than 5 months. also, i am guessing it would be a LONG LONG time before the stitches healed to reattach the bastards.:smile2:

pppfffttt. for a man like ubt? fleshwound.

besides, he does not need them around your house anyway.....:lol::wink2::lol::cool:

im sure he will read it. :smile2:

:lol: you are right. he will read it and puff up like, "that's right! its MY castle!" then he will forget whatever he was thinking about as he goes off scratching his butt and mumbling something or another about stoops and the sooners.

:wink2:

:lol: you are right. he will read it and puff up like, "that's right! its MY castle!" then he will forget whatever he was thinking about as he goes off scratching his butt and mumbling something or another about stoops and the sooners.

:wink2:

lol - I can actually picture him doing that. :lol:

My money is on ASU. Tejas has not impressed this year and I think they should be able to exploit the horns' secondary.
well husker, looks like y6u screwed the pooch, the horns looked damn good, amazing how thery lost some games being that talented. Bodes well for the big 12, maybe a&m will mash penn state, and maybe we can suprise bama.

well husker, looks like y6u screwed the pooch, the horns looked damn good, amazing how thery lost some games being that talented. Bodes well for the big 12, maybe a&m will mash penn state, and maybe we can suprise bama.

Yeah, good thing I decided not to bet on this game. Only lost points in my bowl pool.:thumbsup: Wouldn't mind seeing the Big XII do some damage this bowl season. We need to make up for a sh*tty one last year.

Charles leaving for NFL

Wednesday, January 2, 2008, 02:10 PM

Jamaal Charles, who said only a week ago he was staying at Texas, has decided to leave school early for the NFL.

Charles leaving for NFL

Wednesday, January 2, 2008, 02:10 PM

Jamaal Charles, who said only a week ago he was staying at Texas, has decided to leave school early for the NFL.

Good. I'm glad we don't have to deal with him next year. Although I'm sure the whorns have somebody right behind him who's just as good.

Darrell Scott is who we are going after....the most recruited player since VY. (Personally I don't think we get him but Mack is sure heading that direction and this move by Charles could work in his favor.)

Darrell Scott is who we are going after....the most recruited player since VY. (Personally I don't think we get him but Mack is sure heading that direction and this move by Charles could work in his favor.)

glad you posted that Ed. I was, then thought beter of it because of how rabid posters here are about DS becoming a Buff...

Happy New Year Ed, tough loss with Jammel. Guess its all about money because the way UT's o-line came together over the season, he would have fun running behind those 5 guys.

I am hoping all of the Sooners underclassman eligible for the draft come back, but it tough for these kids to stay in school 4-5 years if they (the experts who tell kids where they will go in the draft and money they could make) start talking noise to them and such.

You can't have him. :finger2:

We were #2 on the list to Colorado, but this announcement will certainly enhance the possibility of him considering UT. He recently cancelled his trip to Florida, which only increases the likelihood of a CU/UT battle. CU will be difficult to beat due to it being closer to mama and his uncle already plays there, but now that he has the opportunity to be the starting RB at UT for 4 years, needless to say our chances increased tremendously today.

We were #2 on the list to Colorado, but this announcement will certainly enhance the possibility of him considering UT. He recently cancelled his trip to Florida, which only increases the likelihood of a CU/UT battle. CU will be difficult to beat due to it being closer to mama and his uncle already plays there, but now that he has the opportunity to be the starting RB at UT for 4 years, needless to say our chances increased tremendously today.

hmm other threads seem to think he is still going to Florida in 10 days, the 12 for a visit.... didnt know he had cancelled that trip....

Wednesday, January 2, 2008, 03:07 PM Austin American Statesman

Darrell Scott, widely considered the top-rated running back in the country, said Wednesday that Texas was one of four teams he’s considering.

What could be the deciding factor on whether the 6-foot-0, 204-pound athlete becomes a Longhorn?

“Really, it’s whether or not Jamaal Charles comes back,” Scott told the Austin American-Statesman prior to the news about Charles declaring for the NFL draft. “It will be big if he leaves. I don’t want to sit out my freshman year. I’m trying to hop in and make some chaos somewhere.”

The rumors are Scott has been Colorado lean, with Texas, Florida and LSU rounding out his four.

But Scott said the weather in Boulder, Colo., could be a factor.

“Man, it’s brutal up there,” he said. “They need to get some indoor facilities. I know it gets cold in Austin, but they just move indoors when that happens. I’m a warm-weather guy, and I really don’t like the cold.”

Scott, who is in San Antonio for the All-American game, said he plans on announcing his commitment on signing day (Feb. 6).

The rumors are Scott has been Colorado lean, with Texas, Florida and LSU rounding out his four.

“Man, it’s brutal up there,” he said. “They need to get some indoor facilities. I know it gets cold in Austin, but they just move indoors when that happens. I’m a warm-weather guy, and I really don’t like the cold.”

Interesting quote -- seeing that we have the same exact fricking bubble that UT does. That statement doesn't quite fit since he knows FULL WELL that CU practiced indoors for the Indy Bowl.

I'm not arguing that UT may still be in the picture but maybe that's just another Scottism of keeping people guessing -- because he knows full well what our weather is like out here & the facilities that we have.

Darrell Scott, widely considered the top-rated running back in the country, said Wednesday that Texas was one of four teams he’s considering.

What could be the deciding factor on whether the 6-foot-0, 204-pound athlete becomes a Longhorn?

“Really, it’s whether or not Jamaal Charles comes back,” Scott told the Austin American-Statesman prior to the news about Charles declaring for the NFL draft. “It will be big if he leaves. I don’t want to sit out my freshman year. I’m trying to hop in and make some chaos somewhere.”

Scott, who is in San Antonio for the All-American game, said he plans on announcing his commitment on signing day (Feb. 6).

and your linebacker coach Larry McDuff resigned today after 1 year on the Horn staff.... as if no one saw that coming....

If he thinks the weather is brutal here, somebody should provide him a trip to Austin in August for two-a-days in full pads and see what he thinks of the weather there. :wow:

Yeah, but Jamaal's brother Hugh :wink2: is also going to be gone, so I don't see why this should give UT an edge over CU. He will have a chance for big early playing time either way. I guess all it does is take away a negative for UT... :sad1:

Back