What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Balls 17 corncobs 14, how bout them blackshirts twatosis

interestingly enough, cosgrove is not the only other person on your staff that fits that description. watson sucks donkey balls, as soon as he has any play calling responsibility.

That's the thing here. Cally is so consumed with the offensive scheme of things he is basically an on the field offensive coordinator. He doesn't let someone just do that job and oversee the whole thing. That's why all of the sudden the defense looks like a bunch of retarded midgets eating hot wings. They get all sweaty and confused and breath real heavy when plays are ran against them. If he would just focus some of his attention on the defense maybe he would see where the ****ing problem is. The offense is doing fine (minus the run blocking) but the defense is ****ing the whole thing up. You know that old saying "defense wins championships" we don't have it.

That's the thing here. Cally is so consumed with the offensive scheme of things he is basically an on the field offensive coordinator. He doesn't let someone just do that job and oversee the whole thing. That's why all of the sudden the defense looks like a bunch of retarded midgets eating hot wings. They get all sweaty and confused and breath real heavy when plays are ran against them. If he would just focus some of his attention on the defense maybe he would see where the ****ing problem is. The offense is doing fine (minus the run blocking) but the defense is ****ing the whole thing up. You know that old saying "defense wins championships" we don't have it.

then perhaps you should shovel some of the blame on cally himself? is he or is he not the daddy? when you are the daddy, you have to oversee the whole family rather than fixate on one dimension of it. your administration and entire fanbase knew that he was unilaterally focusing on the offense. it seems that in order to demonstrate your chagrin for that proclivity, you rewarded him with an extension.

barney demonstrated the same tendencies as cally with respect to the friends network. it got to the point where he was throwing the students under the bus instead of facing reality that his friends were not getting it done. clearly it was time for him to get to stepping at that point when the importance of his friends network superceded the decisions he was willing to make in order to maintain a goal oriented work atmosphere.

then perhaps you should shovel some of the blame on cally himself? is he or is he not the daddy? when you are the daddy, you have to oversee the whole family rather than fixate on one dimension of it. your administration and entire fanbase knew that he was unilaterally focusing on the offense. it seems that in order to demonstrate your chagrin for that proclivity, you rewarded him with an extension.

barney demonstrated the same tendencies as cally with respect to the friends network. it got to the point where he was throwing the students under the bus instead of facing reality that his friends were not getting it done. clearly it was time for him to get to stepping at that point when the importance of his friends network superceded the decisions he was willing to make in order to maintain a goal oriented work atmosphere.

I agree..........if he doesn't make a change at DC at least at the end of the season I'm going to concerned/pissed all at the same time. That will send a red flag up to me. I think you will see him make the change because he's not going to have a choice. I think he'll be told either make the change or be fired.

I agree..........if he doesn't make a change at DC at least at the end of the season I'm going to concerned/pissed all at the same time. That will send a red flag up to me. I think you will see him make the change because he's not going to have a choice. I think he'll be told either make the change or be fired.

i am not sure you are in the position to fire him. you could ill afford to get rid of solich. you had to have boosters pony up huge sums of cash to pay off the mighty midget. i doubt they are going to be that pleased to do that again, considering the debacle that the coaching search turned into.

now that you have replaced franki with the throatslashing midget, and gave him an extension at the worst time possible, the big red is going to have to lay in bed with him.

eeeeewwwwww. :lol:

i am not sure you are in the position to fire him. you could ill afford to get rid of solich. you had to have boosters pony up huge sums of cash to pay off the mighty midget. i doubt they are going to be that pleased to do that again, considering the debacle that the coaching search turned into.

now that you have replaced franki with the throatslashing midget, and gave him an extension at the worst time possible, the big red is going to have to lay in bed with him.

eeeeewwwwww. :lol:

I don't think I ever said...................*wait let me read it again*...............that I was ever going to fire him. I don't think Pedey could take the pressure if Cally doesn't fire Cosgrove that he would feel from the boosters. Money would start disappearing from the Athletic department. I feel sorry for your husband he must walk on egg shells all the time because you read in to what people say WAY too much.

I don't think I ever said...................*wait let me read it again*...............that I was ever going to fire him. I don't think Pedey could take the pressure if Cally doesn't fire Cosgrove that he would feel from the boosters. Money would start disappearing from the Athletic department. I feel sorry for your husband he must walk on egg shells all the time because you read in to what people say WAY too much.

uhm, you said that cally would have to "make a change at dc" or he will "be fired".

yeah, you said it. totally not my fault if pointing out that nu cannot afford to can his ass puts your panties in a bunch. it is a fact. why do you suppose buff fans are laughing about the decision?

the losses and mediocrity have begun to wear on your fans. aside from the intermittent homer totally blind to reality, your athletic funds may well start to dry up in a hurry. that will put a crimp on your financial ability to play the disposable coach blame-fest merry-go-round.

oh dittums, and you? we all know that you personally have absolutely no power with respect to the big red program. no need to point t out.

uhm, you said that cally would have to "make a change at dc" or he will "be fired".

yeah, you said it. totally not my fault if pointing out that nu cannot afford to can his ass puts your panties in a bunch. it is a fact. why do you suppose buff fans are laughing about the decision?

the losses and mediocrity have begun to wear on your fans. aside from the intermittent homer totally blind to reality, your athletic funds may well start to dry up in a hurry. that will put a crimp on your financial ability to play the disposable coach blame-fest merry-go-round.

oh dittums, and you? we all know that you personally have absolutely no power with respect to the big red program. no need to point t out.

Well good now that we have that all cleared up!? I said he would be told to either change or be fired which means that Pedey will most likely tell him "Fire Coz or be fired!" I agree that we may see funds disappear if a change is not made in the DC department. I need a way to write **** in crayon to you sometimes!!!! :smile2:

Well good now that we have that all cleared up!? I said he would be told to either change or be fired which means that Pedey will most likely tell him "Fire Coz or be fired!" I agree that we may see funds disappear if a change is not made in the DC department. I need a way to write **** in crayon to you sometimes!!!! :smile2:

and for the super slow... while that ultimatum doubtless would be highly dramatic, it is posturing your AD cannot afford right now. do you get it now? or do we need to scribble it on the side of a drool cup for you?

and for the super slow... while that ultimatum doubtless would be highly dramatic, it is posturing your AD cannot afford right now. do you get it now? or do we need to scribble it on the side of a drool cup for you?
I understand that the AD couldn't afford it right now, but if the boosters wanted it bad enough you can bet they would get it done! Where is the hand signs emoticon at??? :lol:

I understand that the AD couldn't afford it right now, but if the boosters wanted it bad enough you can bet they would get it done! Where is the hand signs emoticon at??? :lol:

drool cup #2 for you:

your boosters ponied up for the cluster**** that was funding solich's departure. it was very substantial. in addition, they ponied up to attract the braniac that cally is.

your coaching search was a joke. if you want me to point by point bring up what a disaster it was, i would be happy to oblige you with links. your fan base is only beginning to grasp that nebraska had something going for it when they were the only power team that recruited to the option. running the scheme you do now, there are many choices for those recruits, and you have to compete with that.

to make things worse, the NCAA busted down nebraska's vehicle of keeping football schollies for out of state boys, and funding in-state boys induced to "walk on" with academic schollies. basically, you all were running a two-fer on schollies there, with a loophole. the ncaa busted that little loophole down, and you started to feel the effects under solich. it just got worse with the addition of the WCO. :smile2:

the true beauty of the situation is: no matter how much money your fans shovel at the problem, you will never again get a two fer. you cannot buy your way to any more nc's, like you kinda did in the 90s. even better, your boosters are wising up to this fact. i would argue that they will not, in fact, "get it done". particularly when they had to raise a couple mil not too long ago to bail out what they mistakenly thought was the problem.

uhhhh look at what Leach did to his DC today after the debacle in Stillwater yesterday. From what I am reading here in Baja Oklahoma.... Leach basically forced the resignation of his DC yesterday after the game.....

I wont get into the specifics here about this, but check out the dallas morning news....

uhhhh look at what Leach did to his DC today after the debacle in Stillwater yesterday. From what I am reading here in Baja Oklahoma.... Leach basically forced the resignation of his DC yesterday after the game.....

I wont get into the specifics here about this, but check out the dallas morning news....

you can put up a link. linky

Man, did you guys see the highlights.. Ball state receiver drops the ball on 2nd down on a slant that would he probably would have run for a TD.. Frickin unbelievable.. I would have laughed my ass off if Ball State would have beaten them today..

ya Ball State shot themselves in the foot twice in the last 30 seconds or so to win this game.... :thumbsup:

twattosis? I've never said our defense was anywhere near good. I wanted Coz gove after the Wake game. We suck I'll admit it.

I just want to hurry up and get the season over...it's gonna get bad if nothing is done.

Last edited:
Barney was under a tremendous amount of pressure to dump Vince "no clue" Okruch and he probably waited one year too long before doing it. Even then, I think he tried to swing some kind of deal where Vince stayed on, but in a diminished capacity.

If the nubs defense is as truly pathetic as it appears, and doesn't make some strides by the end of the year, Cally will hear the howls from Scottsbluff to Omaha. Hell, he's probably already hearing the howls. Sometimes that kind of stuff galvanizes a unit to play better, though.

You haven't even played one conference game and you're ready to write off the entire season? :huh:

Yup...losing a close one to Wake Forest....and now letting Ball State put 610 yards on us at home....we don't have a chance in hell of winning the North and I would still give us hope if the staff was busting heads and ****ing pissed at the press conference but they weren't.

Mark my words...its over

Well win ISU (hopefully) and A&M (hopefully) and K-State. Colorado maybe. The rest....Big L's.

We be done.

Yup...losing a close one to Wake Forest....and now letting Ball State put 610 yards on us at home....we don't have a chance in hell of winning the North and I would still give us hope if the staff was busting heads and ****ing pissed at the press conference but they weren't.

Mark my words...its over

You guys beat Wake Forest.

I don't know how the rest of the North will play itself out, but the North is still up for grabs with MU having the best chance, even with Pinkel. If the Sooners play as well as they should though I wouldn't want to play them in the CCG as they may try and make a statement if they are looking on the outside in for the mNC.

Mark my words...its over

Wow. OK. I have to say that is an attitude that befuddles me. Last year, even in the midst of one of the worst seasons CU has ever had, just about everybody connected to CU said "This week we'll win". I just don't agree with putting games in the loss column before you even play them. Realism is one thing, like I think it will take a minor miracle to beat OU this week, but I'll never say it can't happen.

Cosgrove has been here for 4 years and he came in with Callahan. The offense and Callahan's play calling are what got us through that game. He can't adjust for **** after the half. He continues to play the same defense. He has been starting some of the same guys that have played awful these past few games........i.e. Ruud, McKeon, etc. and the problem is he and Cally are friends so I think Cally feels like he needs to give him more of a shot than any other defensive coordinator would get. Since he has been here we have seen a steady decline in our defense and he did the same thing at Wisconsin. Ask any Wisconsin fan and they will tell you they were happy he left there. The problem with this coaching staff that instead of starting the best and most talented players they almost approach it as a senority type of thing??? It's like they think that since someone is a senior that they should play even if they are just decent where as a freshman is outstanding, but he's a freshman so we don't think he's ready. I give as an example of freshman and sophmore's playing alot at USC. Look at how fast they are I think that comes from youth and just being happy to have the opportunity to play so early.

Damn, that sounds just like GB and Vince O'Crotch. :wow: Hard to watch when it is your team.

Wow. OK. I have to say that is an attitude that befuddles me. Last year, even in the midst of one of the worst seasons CU has ever had, just about everybody connected to CU said "This week we'll win". I just don't agree with putting games in the loss column before you even play them. Realism is one thing, like I think it will take a minor miracle to beat OU this week, but I'll never say it can't happen.

Not all of us think the season is over, but I am worried about the rest of the season. I think we can win alot of the games we are going to play, but most of them are going to be shootouts if the defense doesn't figure something out quick! Hell we may see a different team once we start conference play, but I highly doubt it. The problems with the defense are not going to change over night and they need to work alot of problems out quickly before we go to Columbia. :wow:

Mark my words...its over

Well not all of us Husker fans feel that way about writing our kids off just yet! They deserve more than that!

Well not all of us Husker fans feel that way about writing our kids off just yet! They deserve more than that!

then why do you still have hillbilly throatslash as a HC with a 13-12 record in Big XII play?? Dont the kids deserve better coaching than what this record shows??

Back