What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Barry Odom - Arkansas Defensive Coordinator (former Mizzou Head Coach)

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
Didn't see a thread for him but CFN has a piece on the five coaches CU could puruse outside of EB.

DON’T LEAVE … stay with me here.

Colorado isn’t going to be in the hunt for Urban Meyer – it’s going to have to punch its weight if it can’t get Bieniemy.

The $2.4 million buyout by Missouri isn’t at the Todd Graham level, but it’s still something. Along with that, he was a whole lot better at Missouri than he got credit for.

Yeah, he went 25-25 in his four years in Columbia, but when he had the right offensive coordinator, his offenses were explosive, his defenses were normally solid, and the teams he put together that had so many problems against the better SEC programs would do just fine in the Pac-12.

Odom improved in each of his first three years a Mizzou – going from four wins, to seven, to eight – and then the program was hit with bullspit NCAA sanctions, didn’t have a bowl game to play for, QB Kelly Bryant was banged midseason, the O died, and the team finished 6-6.

Two of CU's best football coaches came from Mizzou...just saying.

I’m currently on spring break with the fam. The other day I met the LB coach at Ark (he followed Odom from Mizzou). He had some pretty interesting things to say…. Anyway, he implied that CU was very close to hiring Odom. He said he was being told to be ready to move to Boulder right up to KD being announced. He also said he LOVES Ryan Walters as a coach (he played for him when Ryan was the DC at Mizzou).

I’m currently on spring break with the fam. The other day I met the LB coach at Ark (he followed Odom from Mizzou). He had some pretty interesting things to say…. Anyway, he implied that CU was very close to hiring Odom. He said he was being told to be ready to move to Boulder right up to KD being announced. He also said he LOVES Ryan Walters as a coach (he played for him when Ryan was the DC at Mizzou).
The Shining Reaction GIF

Hmmm. Not great but probably better than Dorrell

Interesting. I am not really a Barry Odom fan, and I would have been underwhelmed by that hire. Having said that, I think he probably been a better hire than KD.

I will never understand what the thought process was to go from EB and Sark to KD.

Seems like he’s doing alright at Arkansas…for the position he’s coaching.

Back