What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baseball at CU

Baseball would be awesome. I don't expect it, but I would be bonerhappy if we got it.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Here's the MaxPreps Top 100 for 2011:

2 guys from Colorado. There was 1 in 2010. That's actually not too bad. Kind of like with football recruiting, there would probably be 3-5 guys we would target from in-state every year.

For comparison, in 2011 the Top 100 includes:

17 from California
10 from Texas

It also looks like we could do well recruiting heavily in Oklahoma, which might even be a bit better than Arizona. Both those states have at least twice the talent as Colorado.
Which basically breaks down to roughly the same per person given the population. The point is if Colorado youth baseball got serious about it, and fielded all star teams to go across the nation for tournaments, the quality of baseball would go up.

I would love a baseball team..... and a hockey team. Let's make that happen

This is way premature but if we do add a sport like baseball, we should try to get a Allbuffs section.

Junta has been cooking up an idea for an Allbuffs section and basketball and football as well. Simply put, for those of us who are poor and don't care where we sit every year, we designate one of the 200 sections as an Allbuffs section. That way we're at least a few of us are clustered together every year.

Connie Mack is still around in Colorado? Must not be very big anymore in Colorado like Little League. I always saw the superstar teams from California and Texas and Florida in Triple Crown tournaments in Steamboat and Omaha, never a Connie Mack team though.

We made it to the regionals but lost to Ben Grieve's Dallas Mustangs team. They ended up making it to the national finals but lost to Cincinnati Midland. There's not a lot of Connie Mack ball in CO. Most of our big tournaments were out of state.

Yes it would. easily.

No, it wouldn't. I played on some damn good teams as a yute. We regularly got cliniced when we played the CA All Star teams.

EDIT: The major difference was always pitching. Our position players were relatively equal, but they had much more pitching depth.

Last edited:
It will have to be women's lacrosse or softball first. We have a semi large title IX issue to deal with as it stands.

This issue gets brought up all the time. My personal choice would be hockey, but that's a pipe dream.

I believe Mike Bohn has stated that the first sport to be added will be women's lacrosse. It requires no additional facilities and helps with the Title IX issue.

College baseball is a fun time, i take in games here at UVA occasionally, especially in the NCAA tournament. The stadium got renovated a few years back by an 'anonymous donor' aka John Grisham, and they can easily get 5k + in for the big games. I'd love to see CU get baseball established, but right now we need to focus on improving what we have. A tough transition into the Pac was expected, but literally not having won a league game yet in football, volleyball and soccer is unacceptable. This is Bohn's sixth year, why are we sucking ass at practically everything? And it's not that a lot of these sports have always been bad and stayed bad, we've taken major steps backwards in many. And don't give me "but basketball looks pretty good tho, lol" - the early returns on Boyle and Lappe are good, but the truth is it's far too early to have a legitimate idea of what they can do, either. It goes without saying that reestablishing the baseball program would be a serious undertaking, far more challenging than turning around volleyball or soccer. Is CU ready to do what it takes to get 110% behind the idea of establishing a successful baseball program? I have my doubts.

Back