What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Baylor is hoping it goes away, don't think it is going to. They were discussing it on NPR tonight, on a program that normally avoids sports stories but this has become bigger than a sports story.

It is also worth remembering that while we are paying attention to the rapes because rape is such a horrible crime it isn't the only thing that has been going on. We are also looking at assaults on other students, gun violence, threats of violence (including threats of murder,) drug violations, etc. The rapes get the most attention as they should but this whole thing is a giant septic tank of issues

http://deadspin.com/lawsuit-text-messages-show-how-baylor-coaches-turned-f-1791947070

Hell, I don't even know but why the **** does that matter anyway? 1 is too many for my taste.

Yes one is too many. Now if CU was "punished" for the 2001 case and we suffered for 10 years, just imagine the "punishment" for Baylor.

Which branch is responsible for Title IX compliance?
If that is not a rhetorical question, it is the Department of Education, currently led by Betsy DeVos.

"The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance."

I'm pretty sure Governor Owens stepped in and demanded an investigation on CU for the alleged "rapes".

Crickets in texass?

These types of allegations are not suprising in the least. There is a huge power imbalance between a student athlete and their victim. We can all agree that the scandals like Baylor are sickening, but they are too be expected sadly. College football is a huge money maker and prestige raiser for schools, meaning they will skirt and often cross ethical boundaries to get high value recruits (giving away of free items, looking the otherway when it comes to behavioral issues, etc). The overall media silence on this is also very disconcerting, if you remeber the Duke Lacrosse Case it was far more heavily covered. The Baylor Case deserves far more scorn than it is currently receiving and the overall profile of the suspects makes it harder for a Left leaning media to spin for their own purpose. I hope that we see some investigations by outside law enforcement in addition to harsh NCAA sanctions.

These types of allegations are not suprising in the least. There is a huge power imbalance between a student athlete and their victim. We can all agree that the scandals like Baylor are sickening, but they are too be expected sadly. College football is a huge money maker and prestige raiser for schools, meaning they will skirt and often cross ethical boundaries to get high value recruits (giving away of free items, looking the otherway when it comes to behavioral issues, etc). The overall media silence on this is also very disconcerting, if you remeber the Duke Lacrosse Case it was far more heavily covered. The Baylor Case deserves far more scorn than it is currently receiving and the overall profile of the suspects makes it harder for a Left leaning media to spin for their own purpose. I hope that we see some investigations by outside law enforcement in addition to harsh NCAA sanctions.
Almost everything about your take is completely wrong.

The worst punishment might be guys don't wanna play next to you because of what you did. That would have an effect. If what's reported is true, I don't want you as a teammate or friend. Matter of fact, that's exactly what I'd say. I'm not Jesus or anything, I'm just a human being.
WWBLD?

What?

Why would this be harder for a left-leaning media? Baylor is one of the most conservative institutions in the US. In fact, the claim out of Waco is that this is all a liberal left conspiracy.

Also, the tone of your post struck me as slightly apologist. Did I misunderstand?

Why would this be harder for a left-leaning media? Baylor is one of the most conservative institutions in the US. In fact, the claim out of Waco is that this is all a liberal left conspiracy.

Also, the tone of your post struck me as slightly apologist. Did I misunderstand?

I'm guessing he's saying that the "race-baiting lamestream media" doesn't want to report about black people committing crimes upon white women.

Forgetting, of course, rule #1 of hippie-dom: **** football.

This kind of thing is not helping ... kind of reminds me of a certain situation with which we are very familiar.

Police in Bridgeport, Connecticut, said on Thursday that a woman who claimed she was raped by a Sacred Heart University football player and another man fabricated the story.

Nikki Yovino, 18, was charged with filing a false report and tampering with evidence, Capt. Brian Fitzgerald of the Bridgeport Police Department wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

The two men involved had maintained that the sex was consensual during the October incident at an off-campus party. Yovino was a student at the time.

Investigators said in an affidavit that Yovino allegedly lied because “it was the first thing that came to mind,” and that she wanted to win the sympathy of a “potential boyfriend,” the Connecticut Post noted.

Blind, stupid, or brainwashed?

How can a woman who is supposed to be leading and influencing the lives of young women justify what is going on there.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/b...d-be-knocked-right-in-the-face-002940857.html

Not surprising that her response includes irrational violence, seems to be a theme at Baylor.

Completely reasonable. If a parent expresses concern about the safety of sending his or her daughter to Baylor, you should punch that man or woman in the face. It's the Christian thing to do, really.

Completely reasonable. If a parent expresses concern about the safety of sending his or her daughter to Baylor, you should punch that man or woman in the face. It's the Christian thing to do, really.
Jesus had a wicked right cross. FACT!

Back