What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I hadn't been following CTF's posts. Thought he was making a case that it was completely different from the way Baylor handled its situation along with a different set of circumstances. I was wondering why he felt a need to bring it up.

The self-righteousness is STRONG here at Allbuffs.

CTF is just a troll. Look through his history. I'm not sure where these people find the time.

Their program should get hammered, only problem is a lot of other kids that didn't do anything get punished too. I realize about the deal where they will let them out of their LOI. Just a pretty ****ed up situation, and the heads are to blame. It's their jobs to run the program, period. Death Penalty? Whether it's deserved or not, I don't see it happening.

Baylor accepted transfers with questionable records, kept players on the team who get in trouble and covered up rape and sexual assault by football players. That is a huge difference between what happened at Colorado in the early 2000's. This isn't hard.

So are you saying that the atmosphere at CU that led to those situations was perfect and exemplary? If not, perhaps maybe a little more humble attitude is in order and maybe not jump on the high horse pointing self-righteous fingers at Baylor.

CTF is just a troll. Look through his history. I'm not sure where these people find the time.

You're reviewing my posts and posting Memes yourself and you can't understand how other people find the time? Really? Read what you just wrote and think about it for a second.

Mostly, what I want the NCAA to do is to issue a "show cause" for Briles as well as any of the assistants who are mentioned in the reports as interfering with victims or investigations.

So are you saying that the atmosphere at CU that led to those situations was perfect and exemplary? If not, perhaps maybe a little more humble attitude is in order and maybe not jump on the high horse pointing self-righteous fingers at Baylor.
No atmosphere is perfect but if you cannot see the difference I don't know what to tell you. Baylor sacrificed everything to win football games the last couple years and it caught up with them. Baylor fostered this atmosphere, Colorado did not.

Exactly.

It's disgusting.

Why defend it?
I don't want anybody to think I'm defending bailer. They have a lot invested in their football program, though. They aren't going to throw that away just to satisfy us. I'm not sure why we would actually expect them to do anything differently.

You're reviewing my posts and posting Memes yourself and you can't understand how other people find the time? Really? Read what you just wrote and think about it for a second.

I like the buffs. Are there any point break forums? Maybe you can start one.

Can you not see the irony in CU fans all high and mighty about the BU situation? Really?

The only people that think this is ironic are the people who think apples and oranges are the same fruit.

You are being willfully wrongheaded or naive to think that Baylor's situation is the same as CU's. For three things:
  1. In your timeline of events, I do not see one instance wherein a CU football player was charged with rape or domestic violence. At Baylor, MULTIPLE players have not only been charged, but have been convicted. Moreover, the CU players who were charged with providing alcohol to minors were dismissed from the team the following day, whereas Baylor tried to keep players who had been charged with domestic or sexual assault eligible for participation on the team.
  2. From the time that the original accusation was made to the time that severe sanctions were imposed at CU was about 2 years. This is too slow, frankly, but not nearly as slow as Baylor taking 4 years to make ANY changes after original allegations.
  3. Local prosecutors worked with administrators at CU against the football team, whereas at Baylor the greater administration worked with the AD to pressure local law enforcement.
As a CU alum, I am ashamed of how women may have been treated in the early 2000's, but I am proud that the administration showed that they prioritized women's safety over something as frivolous (in the grand scheme) of winning football games.

Baylor has not. They have dragged their feet every step of the way, and continue to do so, resulting in exactly one termination (maybe!) to date.

I see no obvious irony in the above position.

No one is saying that. The football program was guilty of some wrongdoing. Players involved got removed from the team. University investigated thoroughly and imposed draconian regulations on team activities, especially as it related to recruiting and even admissions.

However, there was never a prosecution and there was never an NCAA penalty. Perception was much worse than reality. The thing that the University did wrong was in its media management in the face of alum Rick Reilly leading the pitchfork brigade.

College students drink and party. Minors are often involved. Sex occurs. Lots of female students are victims of sexual assault (25% by some accounts). A football team is not immune to these types of things occurring or being alleged to have occurred. But in CU's case, we actually see a university administration that went above and beyond the pale to investigate, punish and regulate the future activities of its football program. CU looks bad mostly because it took things so seriously and accepted a beating over things it was as upset about (maybe more so) than the media and public. That's where the irony lies.

No atmosphere is perfect but if you cannot see the difference I don't know what to tell you. Baylor sacrificed everything to win football games the last couple years and it caught up with them. Baylor fostered this atmosphere, Colorado did not.

So you feel entitled for lots of self-righteousness?

if the program subverts the legal process by coercing/intimidating victims into not pressing charges or working with the police to quash the investigation then yeah

Fair point. I do concede there is a better argument to be made for NCAA intervention here than at Penn State, but I think you start really delving into some uneasy questions about punishment. Is blatant paying of players or other improper benefits infractions suddenly not as bad compared to a situation involving some much larger morality issues?

i think dodds must read allbuffs for material before he writes his articles. he even used the word "radioactive" like i did above in reference to bailer and conference realignment. hehehehe.

Maybe there is a good lesson here for CU fans that want the quick program turnarounds they have seen at schools like baylor. I think we are better off doing it the right way...even if it takes the better part of a decade.

It is also important to note that Baylor has been here before with a high-profile basketball scandal. Given the serious nature of that scandal, you would think a school would be more vigilant than most going forward. Instead they went the other way.

CFT are you even a CU fan because you don't sound like one. Yeah self righteousness isn't strong in Waco or anything.

Maybe there is a good lesson here for CU fans that want the quick program turnarounds they have seen at schools like baylor. I think we are better off doing it the right way...even if it takes the better part of a decade.

This post assumes a choice has to be made.

One should hope there is a way to turn a program around in a timely manner, doing it the right way.

CFT are you even a CU fan because you don't sound like one. Yeah self righteousness isn't strong in Waco or anything.

I am a CU fan. I don't give a hoot about BU. BU losing their outstanding coach can only help the teams I like. I'm not a homer and I like to call it like I see it. CU obsessing on BU's situation, by any account, seems out of order given CU's history, real or certainly perceived by the rest of the college football world.

Yes, that's essentially my point, CU calling out BU for self righteousness, only to have CU engage in the same behavior. Probably best for CU fans to STFU on this subject.

Back