What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

This post assumes a choice has to be made.

Exactly.

I think we agree that a 1 or 2 year turnaround was not realistic while doing things the right way. Maybe not even a 3-year. That would have required bending a lot of rules on admissions for freshmen and JUCOs, turning a blind eye to off-field character concerns, and probably some manipulation of academics to keep players eligible. Especially in the face of building things without having facilities that were on par with P5 competitors. McElwain laid out a plan like that and it was rejected.

So this was a 4 or 5 year process to become a good football program again. Saying "10 years" comes across to me as excuse-making for MacIntyre if he can't get it done in the reasonable timeline.

Do you people not see that when you have a history of this in the national media...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/02/19/colorado.football/

that you should probably stfu on this subject

Even if everything you say was correct... your conclusion is still outrageous. Because something wrong happened at a place 14 years ago, the people associated with that place lose any right to point out when a similar institution not only doesn't learn the lesson but even takes it to a worse level by several orders of magnitude?

Seriously, man.

Do you people not see that when you have a history of this in the national media...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/02/19/colorado.football/

that you should probably stfu on this subject

News-media-manipulation-and-lies-300x240.jpg

I went to school at CU during the scandal. I am well aware of the particulars of that scandal. The fact you cannot grasp the difference between the two situations is hardly surprising given your posting history, but your doubling down on a false equivalency argument is quite amazing to watch.

Even if you accept the situations are mostly the same (which is false), the fallout is quite different. Ken Starr still has a job. The AD still has a job. But according to you, pointing out the differences is somehow self righteousness in action. Seriously, does that make any sense whatsoever?

And again, I will point out this is happening at the same school where the head basketball coach tried to cover up a murder. Baylor learned nothing from it. Nothing.

Also makes you wonder if they are covering up rapes, what are they doing for "petty" crimes, poor grades, drug use etc.

Tell that to Ray Carruth

What does Rae Carruth at CU have to do with a quick turnaround of a football team? He was recruited several years after playing in back-to-back national title games. Also, he wasn't a troublemaker while at CU. What he did later has received nothing but condemnation from the folks on this board.

Now you're just trolling. Getting close to a ban if that's what your goal here is.

CTF should not be banned. He's out of his element, but he hasn't done anything to prompt a ban.

In other words, if we banned people for being morons, 90% of us would have been banned years ago.
I think he's being deliberately illogical and obtuse to try and equate CU with bailer and derail the thread. I have a hard time buying that he actually believes this nonsense. Ban him.

Need to get this thread back on track.

**** bailer
**** Art Briles
**** Ken Starr
**** Buddy Jones
**** Ian McCaw
**** bailer!!!!!!

yes, let's get back to the point of this thread: bailer's funeral pyre!

i guess the school that actually casts itself as "the protestant notre dame" has a way to go. it will be hard for them to be the shining light of bible school football when they are relegated to a non-p5 conference.

Back