What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor sucks: an indisputable fact (WAS: Why baylor sucks - according to Allbuffs)

C’mon Ken, psycho-babble like this is beneath you. The real Ken is the keen logician who sparred admirably on a high level with Hokie the other day. You guys were in excellent form. I thought for a while I was back in my Symbolic Logic class in the Philosophy Dept in Boulder long ago…
So now you’re telling me what’s beneath me.

I can make that choice for myself.

What I’m really doing is calling the anti-Baylor moral outrage self-serving at best and fake at worst. If you want to get to the heart of the matter.
Ah, the classic "no, you're the hypocrite" argument. I always find that one to be well supported and based on knowable facts and logic.

What I’m really doing is calling the anti-Baylor moral outrage self-serving at best and fake at worst. If you want to get to the heart of the matter.
I think the fan base at CU has been very consistent in its approach to sexual assault and murder. The school cannot control or be responsible for all major offenses by its students, student-athletes, or staff, but it can be consistent in its response to those things by conducting thorough investigations, following a transparent process, and dispensing rulings based on available facts. Baylor has an exceptionally poor track record in all of those things.

Apparently, you see things differently.

So now you’re telling me what’s beneath me.

I can make that choice for myself.
I was throwing you a life line and trying to help extricate you from that odd post. Thanks for the attempted biography of me, however.

We’ll, THAT was a big success! Ha. Out for the day, guys. Didn’t mean to cause a ruckus.

Good word. Ruckus.

I won't speak for others here but to call my hate for Baylor self-serving or fake shows you to be tissue paper shallow and shows your unwillingness to look at your beliefs in a real way.

Yes I hammer on Baylor. I explained why above. A willingness to subject the women on campus including young co-eds to the conduct that Baylor supported in its athletes for the sake of winning some games is thoroughly disgusting. The hypocrisy of their cover-ups and their complete unwillingness to make institutional changes to deal with these issues says who they are.

For me this isn't only a Baylor issue. My feelings about other institutions that have engaged in similar behaviors are clear and on the record in the history of this site. I have had people who feel that I am unfairly critical of Penn State (no I won't back on calling out the school that enabled a serial pedophile rapist to protect their image,) that I am unfairly critical of Michigan State (not planning on easing up either on the school that knowingly enable a pervert doctor who abused hundreds of young gymnast,) or Ohio State, Miami, Nebraska, and others.

Among the ranks of the disgusting Baylor though does stand out because their evil choice of supporting evil over protecting innocent people in favor of winning is ongoing over multiple years, sports, and violators. It is a culture which is made even worse by their wrapping themselves in a "Christian" identity.

Their slimy efforts to bash CU at the time of potential conference re-alignment is an embarrassing event as well but it is minor compared with who they have been and who they still are.

It’s self serving if you try to argue that criticizing bailer somehow elevates CU in the mind of the person leveling the criticism. That’s a huge reach and based in the actual reasons for the criticism in the first place, is utterly absurd.

It’s self serving if you try to argue that criticizing bailer somehow elevates CU in the mind of the person leveling the criticism. That’s a huge reach and based in the actual reasons for the criticism in the first place, is utterly absurd.

Right, so a textbook example of self-serving criticism would be that leveled by the leaders of Baylor University towards the University of Colorado when the Big XII last imploded. That their criticism of CU was obviously meant only to further their own interests was evidence enough that the criticism was dishonest.

Another example would be if I told the sorority girls on The Hill that Uncle Ken has herpes. The intent would be to take over his position as DILF, it would not be an honest criticism (I hope!).

I'm still waiting for @Always BUFF and @PAHIBuff to explain how our criticism of Baylor somehow serves our personal interests.

Last edited:
Right, so a textbook example of self-serving criticism would be that leveled by the leaders of Baylor University towards the University of Colorado when the Big XII last imploded. That their criticism of CU was obviously meant only to further their own interests was evidence enough that the criticism was dishonest.

Another example would be if I told the sorority girls on The Hill that Uncle Ken has herpes. The intent would be to takeover his position as DILF, it would not be an honest criticism (I hope!).

I'm still waiting for @Always BUFF and @PAHIBuff to explain how our criticism of Baylor somehow serves our personal interests.
The difference being, there can't be enough DILFs! All boats rise, so to speak.

I hate a whole lot of teams, but Baylor and Penn State have a special place in my black heart. Added MSU as well for similar reasons. My hate is completely organic, not cultivated by Allbuffs at all, though Allbuffs can certainly inform, which subsequently fuels the hate. Most of my hate for other teams have to do with the douchebag or redneck nature of their fans. But with Penn State it's the cult-like worship of a man and administration that saw evil and looked the other way, and more importantly, the inability of fans to currently accept this truth, repent and ask for forgiveness. Baylor=Penn State. Don't worry Buffbear and other apologists - my hate is pure, well informed, and equal opportunity. Baylor has the double whammy of douchebag fans and evil administration. I'm passing this on to my kids, who rooted hard against their women's BB team. I used to be a Bill Cosby fan before I knew what he did. Now I can never look at his face or listen to his voice again. So if it makes you feel better - F*** Penn State, F*** MSU, F*** Baylor.

I hate a whole lot of teams, but Baylor and Penn State have a special place in my black heart. Added MSU as well for similar reasons. My hate is completely organic, not cultivated by Allbuffs at all, though Allbuffs can certainly inform, which subsequently fuels the hate. Most of my hate for other teams have to do with the douchebag or redneck nature of their fans. But with Penn State it's the cult-like worship of a man and administration that saw evil and looked the other way, and more importantly, the inability of fans to currently accept this truth, repent and ask for forgiveness. Baylor=Penn State. Don't worry Buffbear and other apologists - my hate is pure, well informed, and equal opportunity. Baylor has the double whammy of douchebag fans and evil administration. I'm passing this on to my kids, who rooted hard against their women's BB team. I used to be a Bill Cosby fan before I knew what he did. Now I can never look at his face or listen to his voice again. So if it makes you feel better - F*** Penn State, F*** MSU, F*** Baylor.
🎵Hallett hates cause he can't eat chocolate cake🎵

@BuffBear Hallett is trying to share that he hates Baylor because CU dismantled our own program.

When I was in college way back when...Baylor did not allow school dances. The logic was that the baptists thought that a dance resembled fornication. The Baylor people have been f*cked up for a long time.

Back in the old SWC days TCU and SMU used to beat the **** out of Baylor. exception being 78, 79 80

The post which started this thread is so weird to me. The **** bailer guy took it as hating on his school. I didn't even mention it. That was not an overt act. Literally, I didn't even think of that school as a potential Pac addition. I thought about UH because of the Houston market, being a big public university, and being a Carnegie R1. I still believe the Pac will strongly favor a non-religious, high research intensity school as a cultural fit. Really, the only reason I mentioned TCU instead of UH is that the context of previous posts was about absorbing what's left of the Big 12.

The post which started this thread is so weird to me. The **** bailer guy took it as hating on his school. I didn't even mention it. That was not an overt act. Literally, I didn't even think of that school as a potential Pac addition. I thought about UH because of the Houston market, being a big public university, and being a Carnegie R1. I still believe the Pac will strongly favor a non-religious, high research intensity school as a cultural fit. Really, the only reason I mentioned TCU instead of UH is that the context of previous posts was about absorbing what's left of the Big 12.
I know! For some reason he's all sensitive!

I have an issue as a Christian, that a university that claims to be aligned with the ethics and morals of the Church, willingly and aggressively covered up a murder and multiple sexual assault and harassment allegations.

Not only does that make the University look like a bunch of hypocrites who would sacrifice their values as an institution just to protect their precious intercollegiate athletic dollars, but it reflects poorly on Christianity as a whole.

The vindictive and slanderous attitude Baylor took towards CU back when we joined the Big12 is just extra reason to loathe that university.
@Shldr2Shlder I'm with you on all this. ^^^
@BuffBear There's a big reason why a 30 year old from Bethlehem took issue with hypocrisy very publicly and at every opportunity, especially with a sect who called themselves the 'separate ones' (i.e., Pharisees). Until Christian communities like Baylor, everywhere, stop trying to cover up hellish abusive **** to protect outcomes and reputations, they can expect to lose all credibility and respect. And they have lost cred and respect among so many. So the only outlandish thing here is why you still think the deep hatred to this hypocritical, abusive enabling and white-robe cover up is so crazy.

@Shldr2Shlder I'm with you on all this. ^^^
@BuffBear There's a big reason why a 30 year old from Bethlehem took issue with hypocrisy very publicly and at every opportunity, especially with a sect who called themselves the 'separate ones' (i.e., Pharisees). Until Christian communities like Baylor, everywhere, stop trying to cover up hellish abusive **** to protect outcomes and reputations, they can expect to lose all credibility and respect. And they have lost cred and respect among so many. So the only outlandish thing here is why you still think the deep hatred to this hypocritical, abusive enabling and white-robe cover up is so crazy.
Your self-loathing is on display with this post. It is the only reason you could possibly hate Baylor.

Okay, explain.

Ken wasn't necessarily being sarcastic, but that font would have been out of line in his post.

Back