What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Be Honest ...Who Are You Rooting For Saturday?

CU must win.

Fight, fight for victory

CU knows no defeat.
Never give in.
..:
Fight (x5)

Precisely, and we cannot afford another ****-up. I think we're being a bit delusional thinking the next hire is the elusive home run. Maybe I've been through too many of these and I ain't buying in to all of this.
I think you’re right in that you’re just traumatized. Being paralyzed out of fear of change is not a good plan. RG has set expectations for our football program, HCMM has not met them, so we’re going to find someone who can.

What point are you trying to make?

That CU shouldn't aspire to be more than "not an embarrassment" in football? Because that's what Rivals' Mike Farrell trotted out this morning. That we should happy to accept having a program that isn't a total embarrassment.

I'm willing to risk failure to pursue greatness because I will never accept "not embarrassing" as a standard for CU football.
I don't know- letting one of the absolute worst P5 teams get up off the mat and come back from a 31-3 deficit AT HOME is pretty ****ing embarrassing to me.

Precisely, and we cannot afford another ****-up. I think we're being a bit delusional thinking the next hire is the elusive home run. Maybe I've been through too many of these and I ain't buying in to all of this.
If you want to temper your excitement, then you certainly have enough history to lean on. While I'm not dancing a jig on HCMM coaching tombstone, I'm still excited as I've been in a long time (well, since 2016). The way I look at it, we've had one decent hire (HCMM) and many bad ones. Probability says we due for a home run any time now - why not now?! Go RG, Go Buffs!

I'm headed to rehab. I almost jumped off the ledge.
Good thing 96 Buff was not on the ledge with you.

tenor.gif

for the betterment of the situation I'm hoping Utah wins as this band aid needs to be pulled
and a new coach hired...I fear that Mike Mac still has a chance so losing against Utah might
be the final nail..win and this we continue to wait

am I asking too much to lose to Utah, Mac gets let go, CU then upsets Cal and the team gets a bowl ?
**** did I just stumble into a Utah football forum?!

problem being I think this is about what you are going to see with Mike Mac..5-7, 6-6, 4-8 with maybe a 7-4 every four years

Everyone who knows me knows where my heart and soul reside.
To NOT cheer for CU would be the same as cheering FOR NU...........and that will never happen.
CU is MY school, there is no other.

Will always root for the Buffs, but mainly all the Buffs players who come from so many backgrounds to battle to win games, especially on Senior Day!!!

The alternative related to the coaching situation can have a calming effect about 2 minutes after the game if we lose to quickly lessen the mental burden of the loss, with a what if the future is brighter........
I always hate to see the Buffs lose, although that has become very hard on my heart health!

I actually think we pull this one out and then get boat raced by Cal on the road. Bowl game is huge though.

If the Buffs are playing, I'm rooting for them, obviously. That said, I don't think there's any chance in hell we win this game.

We'll be there and we'll be cheering for the Buffs. They may lose, but that will be that. If HCMM is to be fired, it'll happen regardless.

for the betterment of the situation I'm hoping Utah wins as this band aid needs to be pulled
and a new coach hired...I fear that Mike Mac still has a chance so losing against Utah might
be the final nail..win and this we continue to wait

am I asking too much to lose to Utah, Mac gets let go, CU then upsets Cal and the team gets a bowl ?
Haven’t read this thread and won’t.

We’re supposed to “never give in.”

You gave in.

This is MY University. There are many others like it, but this one is MINE.

It would be a cold day in hell before I would ever root against my beloved Buffs.

Just a little history lesson, which I know you remember. When I was a student, we were certain Chuck Fairbanks was going to lead us to a national championship. When we landed Hawkins, if anybody thought it was a bad hire AT THE TIME, they're lying. Just saying, we should temper the excitement if we think the next person will automatically take us to the next level. There will be a set back as recruits leave, all of current players will not buy into the system, etc. We are not Alabama, LSU, OSU, etc. that reload regardless of the HC.

Not to mention what everyone will think if HCMM ends up staying no matter what the next 2-3 games bring.

Back