What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best CU QB of all time

Ochs would have been in the convo had he not been injured and xfred.

I like Sefo, but have to go with Kordell

I was just starting to follow CU FOOTBALL when Hagan was qb.

I have no real memory of him playing as I always focused on Bienemy as I was in grade school.

anyone who doesn't pick hagan probably wasn't lucid, born, or a CU fan when hagan did what he did.

i loved watching kordell and koy and sefo, and cj did save us, but... there can be only one.
Regardless of the yardage totals or records, nobody in the last 15 years would qualify on my list of the top three.

I realize that he's not the best, but I truly enjoyed watching John Hessler play for the Buffs. He was a local kid from my same H.S. conference. A backup QB who came on in relief and did not blink, he won some big games for us in the Neuheisel days. Not the most talented but a tough, gritty player who seemed completely unafraid.

Montez could still get into this conversation.

Already has what most would consider the biggest win in the MacIntyre era on his resume.

Montez could still get into this conversation.

Already has what most would consider the biggest win in the MacIntyre era on his resume.
If they win the South this year and beat USC, I’ll consider it. Might have to wait to see a repeat in 2019.

montez goes undefeated in conference in his next 2 years in conference and that will approach hagan levels. yes, i know it is a different era now.

montez goes undefeated in conference in his next 2 years in conference and that will approach hagan levels. yes, i know it is a different era now.
I wasn't going to put him with Hagan.

But do I think he could get into the conversation with Kordell and Detmer? Absolutely.

At this point Hagan is the clear #1 based on results and the fact that he was the leader of the bunch that got those results, he had a great collection of talent around him but elevated them to be champions.

Montez has nothing close to that kind of talent around him. This team does not have multiple first round draft choices on it, it doesn't have outstanding players at every position or even most positions.

In that context I wouldn't have to see them go undefeated in conference both years to reach that level. It all depends on how high he can elevate this team above it's talent level.

Hagan
CJ
Pesavento
Klatt
Sefo

In that order. For as great as Montez's individual performance was against Oregon two years ago, you've still got average to below average QB play to look at last year.

Back