What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 wouldn't take us back... ROFL

jenkins.jpg

Wow. What passes as news...

An opinion of a guy with now influence, gets picked up as an editorial sorta piece. That gets picked up as something factual by an idot in Oklahoma who can't be bothered with research or facts, and that article gets cited on another "no-think piece" on the same misguided topic. Impressive citation...

Just goes to show how easy it is to plant a story and control the spin.

I'd like to see Plati get busy with some press releases. The first one I'd like to see would be on how CU has been one of the only athletic departments in the country to be operating at a profit the past x number of years, how it ranks in the top half (better?) of AD revenue among BCS conference members, how CU has been able to fund a long list of facilities improvements while staying within budget (list them), and any other information that would help dispel the notion that the CU AD is broke.

Wow. What passes as news...

An opinion of a guy with now influence, gets picked up as an editorial sorta piece. That gets picked up as something factual by an idot in Oklahoma who can't be bothered with research or facts, and that article gets cited on another "no-think piece" on the same misguided topic. Impressive citation...

the medium sure is (are)? slacking these days huh

the medium sure is (are)? slacking these days huh

As usual, I'm unable to tell if you're ****ing with me, or if you're just stupid. I haven't ruled out a little of column A and a little of column B.

I'm pretty sure she said it was a term of endearment in Chaucer's time.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2005-03-07-colorado-hoffman_x.htm

Some of Hoffman's critics, including Coffman, said she had a tin ear for how some of her public statements were perceived by the public. He cited a 2001 legal deposition in which she said a vulgar term for a part of the female anatomy could be considered a "term of endearment."

Maybe one of our resident legal beagles can dig up the text of that deposition.

Jenni Carlson had to re-write the article and the editor states the following:

"To clarify, the Pac-10 chancellors and presidents voted to expand the conference and extended formal invitations to Colorado and Utah. The only votes of the university leaders that remain involve issues such as scheduling and divisional structures. "

Read more: http://newsok.com/article/3488090#disqus_thread#ixzz0xeE05oSr

Unfortunately, this "retraction" only appears on the news-not-ok website. Checked the hard copy today, and suffice to say, the correction isn't there. Unless, of course, they put the correction in the usual place -- section G, want ads, somewhere between lost cats and weekend yard sales.

Unfortunately, this "retraction" only appears on the news-not-ok website. Checked the hard copy today, and suffice to say, the correction isn't there. Unless, of course, they put the correction in the usual place -- section G, want ads, somewhere between lost cats and weekend yard sales.

those fans have brain damage... just sayin

The level of ignorance on this is really amazing.

The local media folks here in Oklahoma are convinced of two things:

1) That Colorado has seen how much money the powers-that-be in the remaining Big 12 are going to make from the TV contract, and wants back into the Big 12 to get a piece of the pie....

2) That the Pac-10 television contract will be worse that the current Big 12 contract, and Colorado will make a lot less money in the Pac-10 under the new TV contract than they make currently in the Big 12 contract.

They are convinced that Colorado is trying to get out of going to the Pac-10, and trying to get back into the Big 12.

1) That Colorado has seen how much money the powers-that-be in the remaining Big 12 are going to make from the TV contract, and wants back into the Big 12 to get a piece of the pie....

2) That the Pac-10 television contract will be worse that the current Big 12 contract, and Colorado will make a lot less money in the Pac-10 under the new TV contract than they make currently in the Big 12 contract.

They are convinced that Colorado is trying to get out of going to the Pac-10, and trying to get back into the Big 12.

Not surprised. I talked to a texass fan recently, and he was fully convinced we had been kicked out of the pac 10 already. And that our TV contract would suck balls compared to the big 12s. The weirdest thing is that he lives in colorado. How does shaggy bevo have so much control over their brains? Oh, and also that we would never win again. Ever. I laughed.

doublefacepalm..jpg

I'll probably want to kick myself for thinking this later, but after all that's gone on this offseason I find myself wishing that the refs hadn't put time back on the clock and that the Nubs had won the Big 12 Championship last year.

Have I gone crazy?

I'll probably want to kick myself for thinking this later, but after all that's gone on this offseason I find myself wishing that the refs hadn't put time back on the clock and that the Nubs had won the Big 12 Championship last year.

Have I gone crazy?

I still hate nebraska far more than Texas. But really hate Texas. I'm not just talking about the school either. Really, it's the Texans that I hate. All of them.

I still hate nebraska far more than Texas. But really hate Texas. I'm not just talking about the school either. Really, it's the Texans that I hate. All of them.
My experiece has been that both Nebraskans and Texans are genuinely nice people, as long as the conversation is about the weather, travel, kids, etc. But, if the subject of football comes up, they both instantly morph into arrogant ***holes.

My experiece has been that both Nebraskans and Texans are genuinely nice people, as long as the conversation is about the weather, travel, kids, etc. But, if the subject of football comes up, they both instantly morph into arrogant ***holes.

That's exactly the opposite of me.

**** the weather.

Back