What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big XII BCS Championship

I suppose it *could* happen but it would involve an inordinate amount of losing by the SEC's top teams, Penn state losing probably twice, and USC losing again.

The winner of the SEC CCG usually leapfrogs a few people in the BCS rankings... if OU were to climb back up to #2 in the rankings before the CCG's due to people losing, it's probable that even a 2 loss SEC champ would jump them after the SEC championship, and certainly a 1 loss team would without question.

I suppose it *could* happen but it would involve an inordinate amount of losing by the SEC's top teams, Penn state losing probably twice, and USC losing again.

The winner of the SEC CCG usually leapfrogs a few people in the BCS rankings... if OU were to climb back up to #2 in the rankings before the CCG's due to people losing, it's probable that even a 2 loss SEC champ would jump them after the SEC championship, and certainly a 1 loss team would without question.

I could see the justification for a 1-loss SEC team, but in no way should they put a 2-loss team above a 1-loss OU.

I could see the justification for a 1-loss SEC team, but in no way should they put a 2-loss team above a 1-loss OU.

Agreed, I don't think a 2-loss SEC champ would vault ahead of a 1-loss OU team that doesn't make it to the Big 12 title game.

So by saying this, what you're basically saying is that strength of schedule isn't important. :huh:

I think Kansas and MU proved that last year. Either would have been in the BSBCS had they won the CCG. TT is proving it this year. The early season ranking love affair with the Big East every year continues to prove it.

Back